College football 2016 - aSECendency

lokisnow

Coach o! Coach o is a better head coach then Helton or Sark or kiffin, I'm jealous lsu gets to upgrade to him.  Nevertheless, Crazy stupid of lsu to do this, hopefully they don't win the Tom Herman bowl.

hehe, my new phone autocorrected kiffin to kidding. Appropriate.

Yeah.  I saw some reports that they had already "reached out" to Briles and Herman. Both seem odd timing.  Briles because that feels like something you'd have to be turned down once or twice before you went there, and Herman because it would be a big breach of etiquette to actually contact him or his people mid season.

Also... according to the Auburn Football Facebook page, someone set the Toomer's Corner tree on fire last night.

:bang: 

This is why we can't have nice things!!!

Be curious to see if Herman would go to LSU if Houston gets a Big 12 invite.  No question that Houston has nowhere near the pedigree of LSU, but if Houston suddenly becomes power 5 football, is it worth it to start over 4 hours to the east with sky-high (and I would say, unrealistic) expectations?

CBS takes a wild ass guess at ten candidates to replace Miles.

Usual candidates mostly, (Herman) but a few surprising names in there too.

They mention Petrino, but I'm still not convinced he leaves UofL just yet.  (He has Lamar Jackson for another year.)  Could you imagine what he could do with the recruiting base of LSU though?!!? :stunned: 

On 9/26/2016 at 8:48 AM, Rhom said:

How glad are you right now that Les Miles passed on the UM job?

On 9/27/2016 at 11:50 AM, dbunting said:

When did he pass on it? To my knowledge he was never offered it.

Now we know - Les Miles turned down Michigan offer in 2011, says former LSU AD.

That's quite fortunate for Michigan.  Harbaugh, as insane as he is, is an amazing coach.  Hell, Michigan and Ohio State feel like they are both restored to being serious perennial powers again with Meyer at tOSU.  The Big 10 took some deserved hate in the last decade, but they seem to be really moving in the right direction at least at the top (sorry, Purdue).

The LSU opening is obviously terrifying for the rest of the world.

Someone on the radio threw out "why wouldn't they go after Petrino?" to which another person said Petrino would be crazy to leave Louisville while he's got Lamar Jackson. 

I think given Petrino's track record, it's easy to argue that he is crazy.  But who knows... there's a first time for everything.  Maybe this time when he says he's not leaving a school he will stick to it?

Re: Michigan... I thought we were talking about 2014 when Harbaugh was hired... 

So, apparently after the "Battle at Bristol", there's some rumblings about having more games at race tracks.  Notably, in the case of "Everything is bigger in Texas", there's talk of having Texas-Texas A&M play at Texas Motor Speedway - http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-motor-speedway-texas-texas-a-m-game-200-thousand-people-report-092916

Now, I went to the Bristol game.  The viewing experience was...not good.  But I knew that going in.  However, that's only a 0.5 mile track.  TMS is 1.5 miles.  Here's an image showing just how ludicrous it would be - http://i.imgur.com/WOl3iG8.jpg

7 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

The whole concept is just stupid from a going to the game standpoint.  I would love A&M to play against those orange horned *****'s sometime again, but home and home in 2 awesome stadiums, or a neutral site matchup in Reliant, Jerryworld, or the Cotton Bowl would be my vote.

Have to agree, doing it at pretty much any racetrack is stupid. You would be so far removed from the game it's ridiculous. I mean, they could play at Cowboys stadium and sell it out easily and actually have decent, normal viewing.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Have to agree, doing it at pretty much any racetrack is stupid. You would be so far removed from the game it's ridiculous. I mean, they could play at Cowboys stadium and sell it out easily and actually have decent, normal viewing.

They could sell out a lot more than Cowboys stadium (both schools have bigger stadiums).  As small as Bristol is, it looked ridiculous on TV.  It's just a gimmick to have a record.

Archived