College football 2016 - aSECendency

lokisnow

12 hours ago, dbunting said:

Have to agree, doing it at pretty much any racetrack is stupid. You would be so far removed from the game it's ridiculous. I mean, they could play at Cowboys stadium and sell it out easily and actually have decent, normal viewing.

Well, I did see a suggestion that all the Texas teams - UT, A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston, SMU, TCU...whoever else in Texas has a team...schedule a game against one of the others...all on the same weekend, and then all those games should be played simultaneously at Texas Motor Speedway.  You could have 4 or 5 games going on at the same time, all right next to each other.

The suggestion was a joke....I think...

Might as well have a race going on at the same time.

4 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Well, I did see a suggestion that all the Texas teams - UT, A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston, SMU, TCU...whoever else in Texas has a team...schedule a game against one of the others...all on the same weekend, and then all those games should be played simultaneously at Texas Motor Speedway.  You could have 4 or 5 games going on at the same time, all right next to each other.

The suggestion was a joke....I think...

Might as well have a race going on at the same time.

'Muricuh

Stylistically, tonally, this is what I was worried about, but fuck me I did not think it would be this bad.

Kick it onside to open the 2nd half, Shaw. Damn the torpedoes.

19 minutes ago, BLU-RAY said:

Stylistically, tonally, this is what I was worried about, but fuck me I did not think it would be this bad.

Kick it onside to open the 2nd half, Shaw. Damn the torpedoes.

This is a beatdown. Reminds me of the Ole Miss/Fla game last year. :(

I am sort of in disbelief about how badly UW is handing it to them. 

Coming into this game you could have said that UW had looked great but not played anyone.  You could have said that Stanford had done their low-scoring, pro-style thing to victories over K-State and @ UCLA and thus still looked pretty legit. 

A UW win was quite conceivable but an annihilation is surprising to me and terrifying.  Husky fans have been waiting for this for a long, long time.  And Petersen is such a legit coach...a serious college football sleeping giant may finally be awoken. 

Re: UW-Stanford.  I only just now saw the score, but damn.  I thought UW would win, but not like that.

Dear Football Gods:  Whatever sum of upset mojo you feel worthy of bestowing upon the world this day, send it towards Denny-Bryant Stadium!

In reality if UK simply beats the spread I'll consider it a great success, but I'm prepared for the utmost worst.  

I gotta be honest Okie State vs the Longhorns has me watching mostly because I wanta see Barry Jr, even if its just for a few runs or returns , just love the Sanders family like football royalty to me.

Okie State up 23-19 currently, my concern is that the Longhorns are keeping the OSU D on the field for long stretches while OSU has been scoring quickly. The 4th quarter may feature an exhausted Okie St. Defense at this rate. Currently they are holding on well though.

Texas just scored as im typing, oh my goodness OSU has now blocked 3 PAT's in one half of football !!!! A certain Longhorn Special Teams coach may want to start a new job search, this is crazy. Texas 25-23. We got a Southwest shootout on our hands. Still 1st half.

50 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I gotta be honest Okie State vs the Longhorns has me watching mostly because I wanta see Barry Jr, even if its just for a few runs or returns , just love the Sanders family like football royalty to me.

Okie State up 23-19 currently, my concern is that the Longhorns are keeping the OSU D on the field for long stretches while OSU has been scoring quickly. The 4th quarter may feature an exhausted Okie St. Defense at this rate. Currently they are holding on well though.

Texas just scored as im typing, oh my goodness OSU has now blocked 3 PAT's in one half of football !!!! A certain Longhorn Special Teams coach may want to start a new job search, this is crazy. Texas 25-23. We got a Southwest shootout on our hands. Still 1st half.

Pretty sure three consecutive blocked PATs is something I've never seen before.   

Well Michigan has certainly showed the World its Achilles Heel, missing 3 straight midrange FG's and shanking a punt to boot. The weird thing is Harbaugh has a blue chip Freshman kicker that he's refusing to use thus far. Gotta get that guy on the field coach.

TJ Watts playing like his brother out there today, he's fun to watch.

All tied at 7-7 in the fourth in the Big House, this shit is eeeerry in the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor.

4 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Well Michigan has certainly showed the World its Achilles Heel, missing 3 straight midrange FG's and shanking a punt to boot. The weird thing is Harbaugh has a blue chip Freshman kicker that he's refusing to use thus far. Gotta get that guy on the field coach.

TJ Watts playing like his brother out there today, he's fun to watch.

All tied at 7-7 in the fourth in the Big House, this shit is eeeerry in the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor.

Maybe the kicker just isn't as good (although at 3 missed in a game, I'd be making a change on #4). We had a top tier kicker recruit (think he was #1 on some lists) a few years back, and the guy was so bad, our fanbase got legitimately excited when he made a PAT.  Had a hell of a leg for kickoffs, but couldn't kick accurately worth a damn his Freshman year (we replaced with a former MLS player, so he didn't have to kick again until he was a senior). 

ETA:  Aggies are actually buckling down without Garrett.  Outside of one big run (first play of game), they've been solid against the run.  South Carolina's punter currently has more passing yards than the quarterback (start of 4th quarter). 

This recruit is the same kid that Harbaugh famously stayed with the family overnight when they made a big story out of that during recruiting season. Who knows, maybe Harbaugh wants to make him a redshirt or hes not healthy? But UofM better get this straightened out or their playoff dreams will be over.

3 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This recruit is the same kid that Harbaugh famously stayed with the family overnight when they made a big story out of that during recruiting season. Who knows, maybe Harbaugh wants to make him a redshirt or hes not healthy? But UofM better get this straightened out or their playoff dreams will be over.

Nothing is worse than what might have beens because of a bad kicker.  Manziel's first year A&M potentially could have won a national championship.  Lost to LSU by 5 when their kicker missed 7 points (all inside 45).  Lost to Floriday by 3 when the kicker missed a FG.  This was the same kicker I was talking about above.  That's the year we beat Alabama, who won the SEC as a 1 loss team.  We would have been the champions in the West if we won either game.

Archived