College football 2016 - aSECendency

lokisnow

2 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Take a look at TCU/Oklahoma.  Only 10 less points scored, but it's only halftime. 

Yeah, that's insane.

Wasn't talking so much total as the fact that they're just flying up and down the field in the closing minutes. Kinda 'last one with possession wins' sort of deal.

5 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Yeah, that's insane.

Wasn't talking so much total as the fact that they're just flying up and down the field in the closing minutes. Kinda 'last one with possession wins' sort of deal.

My alma mater isn't playing, so I'm not watching any of the top matchups.  Sadly, A&M looks like they slept a little too much coming into this one.  Defense has been strong, but offense hasn't. 

And as I say that, special teams recovers a muffed punt on South Carolina in a 1 score game.  

Really don't think A&M is a top 10 team taking my blinders off, but I can't place someone behind us ahead of us (besides Washington). 

5 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Most unbelievable finish to the UT/UGA game that I've EVER seen. Two long TDs in the final 10 seconds of the game. Incredible.

Yeah, saw that and not crazy about it.  Didn't like a lot of people I knew that went to UT when I graduated high school in Memphis (Houston High), and I wasn't crazy with the school at all.  My middle brother absolutely hated it there.  

Pair that with me being born in Athens while my dad was getting his grad degree at UGA and I was definitely rooting for UGA tonight.  Just hope Garrett and both our RBs injured this week are ready to BTHO Tennessee next week.

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

Yeah, saw that and not crazy about it.  Didn't like a lot of people I knew that went to UT when I graduated high school in Memphis (Houston High), and I wasn't crazy with the school at all.  My middle brother absolutely hated it there.  

Pair that with me being born in Athens while my dad was getting his grad degree at UGA and I was definitely rooting for UGA tonight.  Just hope Garrett and both our RBs injured this week are ready to BTHO Tennessee next week.

Yeah...they're not Arky or Bama-level bad but they can be plenty annoying to deal with. My boss and a bunch of my co-workers are UT people so I have to be at least a little civil. 

I'm an Ole Miss grad/fan so I'm REALLY hoping we can pay Memphis back for last year. Pretty good so far.

2 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

:thumbsup:  

You gotta believe!!

6 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Yeah...they're not Arky or Bama-level bad but they can be plenty annoying to deal with. My boss and a bunch of my co-workers are UT people so I have to be at least a little civil. 

While I'll stand by Arky (almost got into a fight gassing up on a trip back home just because I wore an A&M shirt), I haven't seen anything but class from the vast majority of 'Bama fans.  In my experience, they're like Nebraska fans.  The vast vast majority are great, but a few inbred hicks give the rest a bad name.

The worst I've dealt with hands down are LSU fans, although Michigan fans are starting to get to me just with the Jabrill Peppers craziness, and they haven't even been rude!

Tennessee has a horseshoe shoved so far up their ass, they might as well change to the Indianapolis Colts logo for the rest of the season.

I switched to that, just after watching UNCheat hit a 54 yd field goal to beat FSU.  We play UNC next week, and I was loving it that they were going to lose by 1 point because they missed an XP.  And then they hit that FG. Maybe they'll be so excited, they'll have a let down next week.

Kentucky is tied with 'Bama after 1Q, 3-3.  I'll take that as a win any day of the week.  Still waiting for the hammer to drop (surely Saban knows all he has to do is run the ball 100% of the time to win), but my heart beats a little faster with each passing minute. 

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

I haven't seen anything but class from the vast majority of 'Bama fans. 

Heh, well suffice to say I've had a different experience. I lived in north Alabama for 5 years and I've never encountered a fanbase that loves to rub it in when they win a game more than those bastards. Also, it irks me that they have SO many bandwagon/sidewalk fans in neighboring states who act like they're long-suffering (lol), lifelong die hards. 

My experience with LSU fans has actually been pretty good, except on gameday. They make crazy a way of life down there.

1 minute ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Heh, well suffice to say I've had a different experience. I lived in north Alabama for 5 years and I've never encountered a fanbase that loves to rub it in when they win a game more than those bastards. Also, it irks me that they have SO many bandwagon/sidewalk fans in neighboring states who act like they're long-suffering (lol), lifelong die hards. 

My experience with LSU fans has actually been pretty good, except on gameday. They make crazy a way of life down there.

Love how we both hate schools from places we lived because of fans there.  Probably helps that my school is only a recent regular competitor for 'Bama, and that I would have gone to 'Bama had A&M disappeared from the face of the Earth my senior year of high school (they had a 2 pre-filled application and a full ride for national merit scholars).  

So who do we have tonight?  Personally, I think Lamar Jackson is just so good, and has enough of a team around him to take down what has been a disappointing looking Clemson team so far.

14 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Kentucky is tied with 'Bama after 1Q, 3-3.  I'll take that as a win any day of the week.  Still waiting for the hammer to drop (surely Saban knows all he has to do is run the ball 100% of the time to win), but my heart beats a little faster with each passing minute. 

Yeah, he's figured it out...

Archived