Did Tyrion have feelings for Sansa?

shameeka

Tyrio has low self-esteem and insecurities shaped up by years of abuse from almost everybody.  To be honest, even if he were to get someone "whole" he would never truly appreciate that woman because deep inside he'll always think he doesn't deserve her (see how he was always doubtful about Shae's feelings) - That's why he appreciates Sansa, she's so broken (no family thus no credibility in a world like Westeros) beyond repair that he resonates with her and wants to protect her, keep her all by himself.

• 6 months later...
On 8/25/2016 at 2:06 AM, shameeka said:

"I want her, he realized. I want Winterfell, yes, but I want her as well, child or woman or whatever she is. I want to comfort her. I want to hear her laugh. I want her to come to me willingly, to bring me her joys and her sorrows and her lust." -From Chapter 32

This sounds like Tyrion loves - or at least has genuine affections for - Sansa. I know he loved Shae, but he never wanted Shae's joys or sorrows or something along those lines, I think he just wanted Shae to satisfy his lust.

Or maybe he's just obsessed with being loved and just wants someone to love him.

I think while he didn't actually love her, he wrapped his cloak of protection around her and wanted to take that seriously. He had watched her suffer as Joffery's plaything, watched her deal with the death of her entire family. I believe he didn't want her to suffer any longer. Also, he probably struggled internally because he of course thought she was beautiful and desired her but didn't feel right about acting on those feelings.

Archived