The Realm of the Elderlings by Robin Hobb

Werthead

On 4/22/2017 at 9:01 AM, Calibandar said:

Thanks. I thought there is more to come but won't mention it or you'd be spoiled.

Finished.  And, damn am I ever glad I waited!  A 17 day wait is much more palatable than a 22 month wait.

He also sent to a bear, but there was no response.  Fleeter decided to accept Patience, a stable girl in Buckkeep, as a partner.  And Motley, of course, but there's never actually any proof of her witting to Per which I why I didn't mention her the first time.  And there was mention of Kettricken trying to find a partner, but still hasn't.

I hope Hobb isn't teasing us with Wolf-Father waking one of the stone dragons!

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2017 at 6:32 PM, Slick Mongoose said:

I have it. It's all turquoise and gold and shiny.

Also going to a Robin Hobb talk on the 5th. :)

I was there! I wish the mic didn't play up as she was in the midst of a story of raising a wolf cub, but still it was a very good talk I thought. 

I finished assassin's fate this morning after trying not to rush it. I won't spoil it but I have to say I'm still not ok! It was all it should be, everything was always building up to this end. 

Who else here has finished? I need to release this emo out on someone!

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

There is a thread already made for people who want to discuss the new book. This one is still read by us poor souls without the book, please do not spoil us. ;)

Just found it, thanks!

• 2 months later...

I've just begun reading The Golden Fool.

You know what, though? I'm still struggling because of what happened in the last book...

It was so sad when Nighteyes died! It was a really touching moment, especially as Fitz had promised him they'd go home and sit by the fire together, that after this one last adventure, he'd let the old wolf rest.

I pictured him running towards the elk, knowing he wasn't going to survive a hunt, dying as a wolf and not as a human. I couldn't believe it, but knew it was coming. Really beautiful.

On 8/6/2017 at 9:31 PM, Yukle said:

I've just begun reading The Golden Fool.

You know what, though? I'm still struggling because of what happened in the last book...

Hide contents

It was so sad when Nighteyes died! It was a really touching moment, especially as Fitz had promised him they'd go home and sit by the fire together, that after this one last adventure, he'd let the old wolf rest.

I pictured him running towards the elk, knowing he wasn't going to survive a hunt, dying as a wolf and not as a human. I couldn't believe it, but knew it was coming. Really beautiful.

Cried for 90 minutes reading that one.  Still had me tearing up through the next two.  Three years later and it still gets me.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot how dangerous Robin Hobb books are. I'm just starting the Fitz/Fool trilogy and keep staying up way too late reading Fool's Assassin. I remember when I first read Ship of Destiny, I stayed up all night to finish it, sitting on the floor of my bedroom. That was the first time I'd ever stayed up all night, and the next day at school my hands kept shaking from exhaustion. Truly deadly books.

6 hours ago, Underfoot said:

I forgot how dangerous Robin Hobb books are. I'm just starting the Fitz/Fool trilogy and keep staying up way too late reading Fool's Assassin. I remember when I first read Ship of Destiny, I stayed up all night to finish it, sitting on the floor of my bedroom. That was the first time I'd ever stayed up all night, and the next day at school my hands kept shaking from exhaustion. Truly deadly books.

Yup. Not that I can stay up all night reading like you can, but you can go on for hours, because the world becomes so immersive.

• 1 month later...

I just finished the Rain Wilds series and have to say that it impressed me far more than I thought it would.  It's so much more than the 'travelogue' label it gets, with some really great stories interwoven beautifully.  I'm really glad I didn't skip it just to get to more Fitz.  I think I may have actually enjoyed it more than the Farseer trilogy, though it I feel it really helps explain the 3rd book of that trilogy a bit more with what the Elderlings were doing.

Need to take a bit of a Hobb break before Fitz and the Fool, but wow!  What a ride!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.robinhobb.com/2017/11/tis-the-season-autographed-books/

Will there be more books in the Realm of the Elderlings?

As of right now, November 2017, I don’t have a clear answer for this. I am working on an outline of a possible book about Bee. It’s slow going. I have not submitted that outline to my agent or editors. That is the present situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, Darth Richard II said:

GIVE IT TO ME NOW

Also, possible book = at least 3 books in Hobb talk. :P

She is the best at the 1 + 2 format. One standalone narrative that also introduces a wider narrative arc, followed by two more books that conclude the larger story. :) Here's hoping that it's another one coming!

9 hours ago, Yukle said:

She is the best at the 1 + 2 format. One standalone narrative that also introduces a wider narrative arc, followed by two more books that conclude the larger story. :) Here's hoping that it's another one coming!

Hmm, never thought of that before but you’re right. I guess Fool’s Assassin doesn’t really fit that as imo it doesn’t stand alone too well - far too many dangling threads and it ends on a pretty big cliffhanger. It doesn’t exactly have its own plot independent of the larger narrative. But other than that yeah I see it. Having also just read the Ki and Vandien Quartet, she does the same there too (though obviously that’s a 1+3 :))

• 2 months later...

Just finished Assassin's Fate and this 16 book series is BY FAR my favorite series I've ever read.  It ended absolutely perfectly and hit all the right notes.  It's emotionally draining, but eventually I'm going to start over and go down this ride again.  I just can't believe how good it is.

Archived