WorldCon Helsinki 2017 - Attendance list p1!

9 hours ago, Cuellar said:

I'm in of course. PM me or send me a note on Facebook and will give you my phone number if interested. I get in Thursday though and am at sokos torni. 

Ran - how do we get your autograph on our world of ice and fire book?  You have a signing time or should I just ambush you and Linda?

We've suggested we have a signing sessions somewhere in conjunction with one of George's, perhaps in the hour after, but regardless of whether that gets sorted or not we'll be happy to sign books pretty much whenever and wherever. :)

If we do get an official signing session, will make a point of noting it here.

hey guys, i would just like to sneak in and say that i am running asoiaf trivia quiz on thursday night (8-10pm), so if you're around, feel free to swing by and answer some questions. it will be totally very much fun. maybe. i hope.

3 hours ago, Lada said:

hey guys, i would just like to sneak in and say that i am running asoiaf trivia quiz on thursday night (8-10pm), so if you're around, feel free to swing by and answer some questions. it will be totally very much fun. maybe. i hope.

I can vouch for Lada. :love:

Even if she has only six posts here. :P:P:P

I put the quiz on my schedule, Lada. :)

10 hours ago, Ran said:

We've suggested we have a signing sessions somewhere in conjunction with one of George's, perhaps in the hour after, but regardless of whether that gets sorted or not we'll be happy to sign books pretty much whenever and wherever. :)

If we do get an official signing session, will make a point of noting it here.

Sounds good!  This book is single handedly making me go from no checked luggage to checked luggage, so wanted to make sure! Getting George's autograph is easy, Ran's? Not so much...

3 hours ago, Adz of CCAA said:

I can vouch for Lada. :love:

Even if she has only six posts here. :P:P:P

I put the quiz on my schedule, Lada. :)

thank you .) 

... and that's because this forum is intimidating .P

On 23.7.2017 at 11:38 AM, Adz of CCAA said:

Oh, I completely forgot about that. 

Have you booked it yet, @Alytha?

Not yet, we might just spontaneously show up there, although it'd be a bit more expensive.

On 25/07/2017 at 10:50 AM, SamanthaofHodorsfield said:

Right - myself and Wert have been looking at the schedule, and barring any additions of epic coolness that can't possibly be missed, we are looking at going to Tallinn on the Thursday.

Obviously, the more the merrier.

I've just came back from Tallinn - IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH!!! And cheap - very cheap! :wub::wub::wub:

On 28/07/2017 at 4:29 PM, Lada said:

We'll totally be there :D

On 7/29/2017 at 6:59 PM, Werthead said:

I'll vouch for @Lada as well. The quiz night should be good fun :)

i have vero helping. well. "helping". so yes, should be, haha!

1 hour ago, Little Miss Sunshine said:

We'll totally be there :D

yay! .)

... also, this whole board thing is very confusing because i know some of you from rl but not from here, sooo if i mess up names and nicknames and all, i apologise in advance .))

40 minutes ago, Lada said:

... also, this whole board thing is very confusing because i know some of you from rl but not from here, sooo if i mess up names and nicknames and all, i apologise in advance .))

And I hope I'm better at this quiz than at the one we took part in while AMMR and I were in Dublin ;)

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Is there already some sort of a schedule of this forum's members' meet-up, meet and greet, whatever that is planned? :)

Fragile Bird, AMMR and I will arrive on Monday afternoon, and we're pretty much open to having dinner/drinks with BwBers that are already in town :) 

Having survived a minor* scare when I couldn't find my passport for 24 hours and thought I was going to have to reschedule, I'll be there on Tuesday, leaving Sunday afternoon.

I know we've discussed before but what will the alcohol situation be like? How pricey are we talking? I've invested in a decent bottle of single malt to bring, obviously, but should I acquire another? Is bringing vodka to Finland a coals-to-Newcastle situation or a valuable money-saver?

*major

1 hour ago, mormont said:

Having survived a minor* scare when I couldn't find my passport for 24 hours and thought I was going to have to reschedule, I'll be there on Tuesday, leaving Sunday afternoon.

I know we've discussed before but what will the alcohol situation be like? How pricey are we talking? I've invested in a decent bottle of single malt to bring, obviously, but should I acquire another? Is bringing vodka to Finland a coals-to-Newcastle situation or a valuable money-saver?

*major

I understand alcohol is very expensive in Finland. 1 litre of spirits, 4 litres of wine or 16 litres of beer is the limit if you are 20 or older,18 if beer or wine less than 22%.

Because X-ray is not there I don't think any parties or get-togethers have been organized. I think we need to talk once we get there. We will register on Tuesday, maybe we can suss out a good meeting area to gather in during the con, and identify a bar/restaurant or two. :)

25 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I understand alcohol is very expensive in Finland. 1 litre of spirits, 4 litres of wine or 16 litres of beer is the limit if you are 20 or older,18 if beer or wine less than 22%.

Because X-ray is not there I don't think any parties or get-togethers have been organized. I think we need to talk once we get there. We will register on Tuesday, maybe we can suss out a good meeting area to gather in during the con, and identify a bar/restaurant or two. :)

The important question is - is Targ bringing the karaoke stuff??????

Archived