WorldCon Helsinki 2017 - Attendance list p1!

The quiz was indeed awesome, if not hard. Speaking for team We Do Not Quiz, if we'd known there were prizes up for grabs we'd have done better ;)

I always look forward to meeting new people and forging new friendships at WorldCon and, having missed LonCon in '14, I was pleased to meet some of the Euro based BWBers this time round. And of course its great to renew old friendships - the usual suspects one happily runs into every year. Hope to see you, and more of you, next year, if not sooner. 

Now to attend to some friend requests on the book of faces :)    

On 8/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, Fragile Bird said:

A small group of us dined at a Nepalese buffet and then went back for a Quiz, run by Lada from Dublin. The quiz was gruesomely difficult. Name the five towers of Harrenhall. Who lost the Lannister sword. What were the names of Dunk's three horses. Who was the Kingmaker. A team of strangers who obviously had better memories than we did won the quiz. In fact, I think all the top 3 teams were strangers! Bah! We shall study up for Dublin!

the strangers from the first two teams were almost all from the big asoiaf fb group and my friends, and i was very proud of them .)

i just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who was at the quiz, i may or may not have had a freakout just before because i was a teeny tiny bit nervous, but i had a great time once it started! .)

i am being forced into promising that this will also happen in dublin2019 AND belfast2019. i can promise right now that i shall try to make it just as difficult .P

On 8/17/2017 at 6:12 AM, Let's Get Kraken said:

So, I've had a few of you fine folks add me on social media since joining the Facebook group, and it occurs to me that I don't who these people are on the board.

I thought i came across a page a while back that listed everyone's board monograms next to their RL names/faces. Does anyone know if that's still around?

that would be super helpful! 

... on that note, it was lovely seeing everyone again and meeting new people! i am really not active here on the board, because i am an idiot and find it confusing (also i guess too busy and whatnot), but looking forward to next time .)

for those who missed not having an official worldcon BWB t-shirt this year, I offer you your chance to obtain a TitanCon 3 eyed raven, T-shirt, Hoodie or tote bag  in a range of colours.  Ok so its not a Woldcon 75 BWB one, but it is the very next best thing.    http://titancon.com/2017/merchandise.php to suit

Sorry for the late notice but orders close on Thursday 30th August.

All you need to do is place your order and find someone going to the convention who is prepared to post your goodies to you.

I am willing to post some.  I have limited suitcase space and won't be posting from belfast, so exactly how many depends on what is ordered (hoodies take more space)  But you need to ask me.

6 hours ago, Lada said:

the strangers from the first two teams were almost all from the big asoiaf fb group and my friends, and i was very proud of them .)

i just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who was at the quiz, i may or may not have had a freakout just before because i was a teeny tiny bit nervous, but i had a great time once it started! .)

i am being forced into promising that this will also happen in dublin2019 AND belfast2019. i can promise right now that i shall try to make it just as difficult .P

Maybe I'll try to take part in one of these... will need to study up SO HARD though.

On 28/08/2017 at 2:17 PM, ithanos said:

The quiz was indeed awesome, if not hard. Speaking for team We Do Not Quiz, if we'd known there were prizes up for grabs we'd have done better ;)

I always look forward to meeting new people and forging new friendships at WorldCon and, having missed LonCon in '14, I was pleased to meet some of the Euro based BWBers this time round. And of course its great to renew old friendships - the usual suspects one happily runs into every year. Hope to see you, and more of you, next year, if not sooner. 

Now to attend to some friend requests on the book of faces :)    

Haha yes! Well ''put down Targaryen'' did work on a few occasions at least :lol: 

I had a great time in Helsinki! So glad we got to break bread with a bunch of folks too. :)

Feel free to friend me on the book of faces (I'm on there far more often than here) - I'm Nikki Ebright over there (the short red headed crocheting person who hangs out with the taller also crocheting person). 

We probably won't make it to San Jose, but definitely planning on going to Dublin!

Archived