WorldCon Helsinki 2017 - Attendance list p1!

(Repost from facebook) Normally I let Lee do all the food organizing, but I decided to set up dinner (at a gastropub, so reasonably priced) for Sunday August 13th (shooting for 7 PM).  Location is Bryggeri Helsinki a Finnish gastropub, afew blocks from the central station: 

http://bryggeri.fi/en/

Was shooting for 10 people, have 10, but can up the reservation if anyone else wants in. 

Also, I arrive Thursday via train @3 pm and leave Monday via plane @ 6am.  Staying at solos torni.

If nothing is happening Thursday evening,  Happy to try and organize a meet up at a pub. There is o'shaes and solos sky terrace at my hotel., or can figure out something else. 

2 hours ago, Denvek said:

Arriving Tuesday evening, leaving Wednesday afternoon. Ask @Maltaran about hotels, but I think it's a city centre one.

Hotel Arthur - it's one of the convention hotels, in the centre about 20 minutes on the train

1 hour ago, Cuellar said:

(Repost from facebook) Normally I let Lee do all the food organizing, but I decided to set up dinner (at a gastropub, so reasonably priced) for Sunday August 13th (shooting for 7 PM).  Location is Bryggeri Helsinki a Finnish gastropub, afew blocks from the central station: 

http://bryggeri.fi/en/

Was shooting for 10 people, have 10, but can up the reservation if anyone else wants in. 

Thanks for posting here.  I would like to join too.

I'm arriving Thursday evening (unfortunately late) and leaving Thursday afternoon.

5 hours ago, Toft said:

Once we have a better overview of who is staying after (as opposed to the many who seem to be arriving before) the con then I am really keen to put together something for the Monday. I have plenty in mind - anything from the folk museum (if it is open that day) to trips outside of Helsinki.

I'd definitely be interested in doing something on the Monday.

Current schedule: arriving 12.30pm Helsinki airport on Wednesday, catching the 7.30pm plane home on Monday.

Staying with Adz, Pod, Targh and Sam. The hotel is about half an hour's walk from the convention centre, as Adz said upthread, which sounds pretty good.

Does anyone know if Helsinki is suffering the same massive delays for people coming in or out of the Schengen area? UK travellers are being advised to get to the airport 3-4 hours before takeoff as opposed to the more traditional 2 hours. However, apparently it's much worse in some European airports than others.

2 hours ago, Peadar said:

I'm arriving late Tuesday evening and leaving early Monday morning. Staying with Mormont at Hotelli Cumulus in Kallio.

I forgot to say where I will be staying in my previous post, but I'll also be staying at this hotel.

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Does anyone know if Helsinki is suffering the same massive delays for people coming in or out of the Schengen area? UK travellers are being advised to get to the airport 3-4 hours before takeoff as opposed to the more traditional 2 hours. However, apparently it's much worse in some European airports than others.

I assume Helsinki has rather less sunseekers on Easyjet or Ryanair flights than Alicante or Malaga.

At lot of people seem to arrive late on Tuesday evening. What about meeting at the airport and going into town together?

My flight arrives at 22:00 and as I said I'm waiting for Targh, who arrives at 23:30.

Maybe some of you from the UK/London are on the same flight. :)

I'd wait for you too, @Peadar ;)

We had no problems or queue longer than 10 mins when we arrived.   was a longer queue if you can't use the automated passport reader gate things.

If anyone who has not got my mobile number and would like it.  please drop me a PM.

FYI   I am currently in my Polar Bear PJ's sitting in the Conservatory Balcony.   Its bright sunshine right now!  A lovely day.

Archived