Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There has been a trade. 

Harlaw Ironman recieves: Delanie Walker and Keenan Allen.

Griffin's Roosters receives: C.J. Procise and Kenneth Dixon conditionally. If either player is cut before week 3 of next season, Bronn will absorb their cap penalty, but he is afforded the right to trade any player on his roster without a multi year commitment for them before they are cut.

If either player is cut before week 3 of next season, Bronn will absorb their cap penalty, but he is afforded the right to trade any player on his roster without a multi year commitment for them before they are cut.

So if they are cut before week 3 Bronn pays the penalty.  What does the second part mean?  That he can trade any player to you prior to week 3 to get them back and then not have to pay the penalty?  I don't think that flies.  I think you need to treat that as a separate trade.  Agreeing to that beforehand is close to "collusion". 

I processed the trade for now because I think that this is semantics and if Jace decides next year to trade back any of these players to Bronn next year for any 1 year player, that is fine, but the trade would need to make sense and should not be a condition of this trade.  Or am I just over-reacting here.

I think it can't be a condition of this trade.  If next year you decide to do this, then it is OK.  But the trade next year needs to make sense.  In reality, we never veto anything, so it will be OK.  But if next year, you decide to just cut them and not do the trade, that is your decision and cannot be a condition of this trade. 

It is too close to the "rental" trades we decided could not be done in Experts.  In Experts we used to allow one week trades to cover bye weeks with the assumption the players would be traded back the next week.  It was decided they were not allowed or at least were to be considered 2 separate trades.  So, this seems like the Dynasty version of that to me, unless others see it differently.  I am fine trading back either person to Bronn next year if they are to be cut, but it needs to be for similar value (and if the player is cut, there is not a lot of value).  It just has to be a separate trade not a condition of this trade.

Honestly, I had the same thought as you about the trade, Groz, for the same reason (bordering on a loaner trade), but didn't want to hold up the deal while discussing it.

But at the same time, in the event that Jace is prepared to cut Dixon and/or Prosise, the value of said player to her at that interval will be less than zero, so any trade for them, even if the player she receives has zero value to her, will be an increase in value for both sides.

That having been said, I am perfectly happy holding the final clause unenforceable for the sake of league harmony. 

Jace - I would suggest that in the event you are prepared to cut Prosise or Dixon, you offer them to me first.  I think they have long-term potential and am likely to give you something better than a sharp stick in the eye in exchange.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2016 at 3:44 PM, grozeng said:

Just bumping this.  Somehow I keep winning but I  really don't like my team

Not really a big fan of my team either, I faded big time down the stretch. Somehow won this week despite a grand total of 25 points from my QBs and WRs. Thank you Atlanta D in both this league and my work league

Man, Having starting QB's of Dak Prescott and Eli Manning with Dez Bryant as a WR1 killed me. If it would have been an average game, I would have been competitive, but as it stands, I was blown out of the playoffs. Great league... Thanks for having me as a part of it. The highlights is My Jay Ajai pick from last year paying off in doses this year. I had a feeling about him.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

Congrats Maelys.  My RBs just sucked this year and I have no good keepers.  I am going to need good deals next season.

Thanks but it was a weak win. My team actually sucks - all my big purchases in the draft were duds - I only won because of Atlanta D. I figured any team playing the Rams were going to get a shitload of points and was right for once

As a general rule, I hate giving Bronn any compliments, but he really does have a monster team and is set up in dynasty for years to come. Bastard

To the extent I have a draft strategy, it is "Do not give long term contracts to market value players.  Give five long shots each a 4 year deal and one of them will make it worth eating the contracts of the other four".

I am really liking the idea of Jordan Howard, Rob Kelley and Michael Thomas for three more years at cut rates.

• 2 weeks later...