Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

I guess I'm down, but we really do need to figure out if we should establish some conditions if the season falls collapses due to the virus. My money league has agreed to add all funds to next years pot if there isn't at least nine weeks of play, for example.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:50 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I guess I'm down, but we really do need to figure out if we should establish some conditions if the season falls collapses due to the virus. My money league has agreed to add all funds to next years pot if there isn't at least nine weeks of play, for example.

Yeah, I think we need to freeze contracts if the season is canceled before a certain point.  

Also need to figure out win conditions if the season is cut short but enough games are played to reasonably declare a winner.

45 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yeah, I think we need to freeze contracts if the season is canceled before a certain point.  

Also need to figure out win conditions if the season is cut short but enough games are played to reasonably declare a winner.

Since it seems like nothing is at stake this year (assuming this league isn't a tie breaker for elites), we should probably just worry about who wins when we get there.

Regardless, we need to figure this out soon, as well as a draft date.

Sorry.  It did not even occur to me that football is ready to start.

I will be doing the league again. Please post here if you are back in.  I will go through the posts later tonight and update the rosters in the next couple of days.

Let me know draft dates that work too.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

OK @Jaxom 1974 is in.

Looks like @Tywin et al., @briantw, @RaceBannon42, @Lord Dracarys, @Bronn Stone, @BLU-RAY too.   So that is 8 including me.

@Jace, Basilissa are you still in?

Anyone talk to ME?

We need to figure out the draft date here.   I will get rosters updated by tomorrow night.

I'll email ME tomorrow. It sounds like he hasn't replied to other invites.

We need to address the elephant in the room. How are we supposed to do a dynasty league during a pandemic that has a good chance of wrecking the season? Should contracts carry over if the season goes down the toilet, and if so, what is a fair point we need to reach? There are just so many questions, and it matters more in a league like this which requires multi-year strategies. 

On 8/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I'll email ME tomorrow. It sounds like he hasn't replied to other invites.

We need to address the elephant in the room. How are we supposed to do a dynasty league during a pandemic that has a good chance of wrecking the season? Should contracts carry over if the season goes down the toilet, and if so, what is a fair point we need to reach? There are just so many questions, and it matters more in a league like this which requires multi-year strategies. 

I would say that, if the season is canceled before a certain point, contracts should be frozen.  Maybe week six or eight?  

10 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

My preference is that just from the outset we treat this season as a throw-away.   All drafted players can only be issued one year contracts  and contracts for existing players don't diminish.

I don't like that.  It makes the draft totally pointless.  And what happens if the season actually finishes? 

If you're going to go that route, might as well just suspend the league for a year.

18 hours ago, briantw said:

I don't like that.  It makes the draft totally pointless.  And what happens if the season actually finishes? 

If you're going to go that route, might as well just suspend the league for a year.

An alternative could be to draft and submit contracts like normal, but with a contingency that if the league doesn't make it to a certain point, it's like the season never happened.

Also, are we going to adopt the same rules regarding QBs that the other leagues are using?

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

An alternative could be to draft and submit contracts like normal, but with a contingency that if the league doesn't make it to a certain point, it's like the season never happened.

Also, are we going to adopt the same rules regarding QBs that the other leagues are using?

To point A, I am fine with that.  I just don't see the point of even drafting if we don't have the option to keep the guys we drafted.  It's one thing if the season fails, but if it succeeds I'd be pissed if any of the good deals I got in the draft panned out and I was unable to keep them.

Another alternative is that we draft and assign contracts, but if the season folds before a certain point, all contracts are pushed back a year.  We'd be doing that anyways with the guys we currently have under contract, so I see no reason why we couldn't do the same with guys we drafted this year.  It even creates more of a gamble for four year contracts.

I'd personally prefer the latter.

As to point B, I think superflex is superior to two QB to begin with, so I'm on board for moving that way.

Edited by briantw

38 minutes ago, briantw said:

Another alternative is that we draft and assign contracts, but if the season folds before a certain point, all contracts are pushed back a year.  We'd be doing that anyways with the guys we currently have under contract, so I see no reason why we couldn't do the same with guys we drafted this year.  It even creates more of a gamble for four year contracts.

But then there wouldn't be a draft next year.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:37 PM, briantw said:

The season is still a season, but draft for it as if it is redraft.

Computer issues where I saved my rosters for this league (and keeper) so I am hoping everything works tomorrow.  I will update things tomorrow.

I was thinking of proposing something like briantw said.  Basically we draft like the season is going to happen.  We assign contracts.  If we get to 8 games (or 9 or 10, whatever we decide) we count it as a season.  If we don't, then you have your team but the season does not count (so 4 year contracts still are 4 year contracts) and we just draft less players next year.  And maybe the penalty for dropping is less next year.  Maybe you get $1 for every $4 of contract plus 1 free drop of someone drafted this year.

I don't like the idea of wiping away the draft if part of the season is played just because what if you get a good deal.

In regards to QBs, I don't know how we can enforce similar rules because this is a Dynasty draft.  People are going to want to draft rookies for cheap.  Maybe we allow rental trades of QBs without penalties.  So the contract stays with the person that owns the QB.

That said, I am open to anything.  

We need a draft day and to know if ME is in or not in case we have to find another owner.