Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

9 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I got an email to take over a team but I don't see the team when I log into yahoo. As the new owner what do I need to do before the draft apart from getting logged in properly?  Pick keepers etc?  Or is this a clean slate?

I still need to put the teams in Yahoo.  I will do that tomorrow when I get everyone's contracts.  It's pretty much a clean slate but you have a couple under contract:

Open Team

Dollars Spent: 56

Penalty: 7 (7 - 1 year)

Available Budget: 144

Roster Spots Remaining: 18

Joe Burrow - 18 (2 years)
Tua Tagovailoa - 15 (2 years)
Henry Ruggs III - 9 (1 years)
Laviska Shenault Jr - 7 (1 years)

Dropped Players:

Cam Akers - 21 (1 years)

I think we all agree you can drop Ruggs without a penalty but everyone else would be the $ divided by 3 for the number of yers in the contract (so Tua would be a $5 penalty for 2 years, but frees up 10 in your budget.  Shenault Jr would be a $2 penalty for 1 year but frees up $5)

Edited by grozeng

@grozeng,

Just want to double check with you, I do not want Brown or Murray on my team. Can I get a clarification if they will count against me or not given they're FAs and I don't expect them to be signed, especially Brown. If I have to eat the drop cost I will on both.

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

I still need to put the teams in Yahoo.  I will do that tomorrow when I get everyone's contracts.  It's pretty much a clean slate but you have a couple under contract:

Open Team

Dollars Spent: 56

Penalty: 7 (7 - 1 year)

Available Budget: 144

Roster Spots Remaining: 18

Joe Burrow - 18 (2 years)
Tua Tagovailoa - 15 (2 years)
Henry Ruggs III - 9 (1 years)
Laviska Shenault Jr - 7 (1 years)

Dropped Players:

Cam Akers - 21 (1 years)

I think we all agree you can drop Ruggs without a penalty but everyone else would be the $ divided by 3 for the number of yers in the contract (so Tua would be a $5 penalty for 2 years, but frees up 10 in your budget.  Shenault Jr would be a $2 penalty for 1 year but frees up $5)

It's a 2qb league, so keep Burrow and Tua.  Drop Ruggs and Shenault.  As for Akers, I'd rather have him for 21 than pay 7 to drop him, unless that ship has already sailed.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@grozeng,

Just want to double check with you, I do not want Brown or Murray on my team. Can I get a clarification if they will count against me or not given they're FAs and I don't expect them to be signed, especially Brown. If I have to eat the drop cost I will on both.

Typically they would still count.

The final rule of the league on the first page (this is from 2016 and I had Trent Richardson)

10) If a player retires, goes to jail, passes away you can drop the player and the contract is voided with no penalty (Ray Rice, Aaron Hernandez), if the player is still eligible to play and not picked up, gets injured or just plain sucks (Trent Richardson) you are still on the hook for the contract and would have a penalty if they are dropped.

Anyone want to change the rule so that people not on a team can be dropped with no penalty prior to the draft?  I think we left it as the player could potentially be signed so there is a penalty.

@boiled leather @Bronn Stone @Firebrand Jace @RaceBannon42 @Jaxom 1974 @BLU-RAY @briantw @mcbigski

7 hours ago, mcbigski said:

It's a 2qb league, so keep Burrow and Tua.  Drop Ruggs and Shenault.  As for Akers, I'd rather have him for 21 than pay 7 to drop him, unless that ship has already sailed.

Yeah, Akers was dropped last year so this is the remainder of the penalty from dropping him last year.

Thinking more on it I probably should have to pay the fine for Murray. It's entirely possible he's on a team in a few weeks after inevitable injuries occur. Brown though is effectively retired. I would be shocked if he ever plays again. 

17 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Owing to the short delay between the draft and the start of the season, can we have a one-day waiver period for undrafted players just in the first week?

Is that something i can change?  I thought the choice was follow waivers or go to FA.  I was just going to let them go to FA that first day.

My choices are follow waiver rules or make them all FA.  It says waiver rules can only be made pre-draft, so then everyone would be on waivers for 1 day all season long if we do it that way.

Turns out I can change it.  I made it 1 day.  For some reason Keeper was at 1 day already so I switched that to 2 days.

Edited by grozeng

OK, managed to take over the Bloodroyals from my desktop.  The link wasn't working from my phone for some reason.

So will all of the keepers and prices and auction budgets/penalties get added to yahoo before the draft?  (They must or it seems like it would be total chaos trying to run the auction.)   

6 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

OK, managed to take over the Bloodroyals from my desktop.  The link wasn't working from my phone for some reason.

So will all of the keepers and prices and auction budgets/penalties get added to yahoo before the draft?  (They must or it seems like it would be total chaos trying to run the auction.)   

Yeah, once everyone posts their keepers I will get it in there tonight.  I have not checked to make sure everyone responded yet.

OK I have cuts from

grozeng, @briantw, @BLU-RAY, @Tywin et al. (as of right now Brown is a cut unless the league is OK letting it be a free drop), @Bronn Stone, @Jaxom 1974; @Firebrand Jace; @RaceBannon42 @mcbigski

And @boiled leather gave his cuts but during the Keeper draft last night said he wanted to look at it one more time.

So I won't be back online until 9pm or 10pm eastern, so you have until tonight to make any edits (and decide if Brown will be free to drop).  I will get the league set up tonight and draft is 9:30pm Eastern tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, RaceBannon42 said:

I think Brown should count against the cap, but I won't storm out of the room mad if people disagree.

I agree and am the same way.  This situation always counted.  I think I lost TO or Ochocinco (or bothe) that way once and had to pay a penalty.

57 minutes ago, RaceBannon42 said:

I think Brown should count against the cap, but I won't storm out of the room mad if people disagree.

Likewise, it's not a big deal given it's a one year, $3 hit and I have most of my cap freed up. Just figured I'd ask. And since there's precedent let's skip a vote and just count it.

So with Brown and Murray counting I believe I'm up to $32 spent.

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Likewise, it's not a big deal given it's a one year, $3 hit and I have most of my cap freed up. Just figured I'd ask. And since there's precedent let's skip a vote and just count it.

I will update everything tonight and then if there is something wrong I will actually be able to change it tomorrow.  My work meeting was changed to a virtual meeting, so I don't need to go into the office so won't be behind a firewall all day.

@boiled leather are you good with the numbers I have listed?  I will set up your team last, but doing it now. 

On your penalties, you were missing Darwin Thompson, Jaylen Samuels and Justice Hill from last year.  They all had years left from last year's penalty.  And Denzel Mims you signed for 3 years last year but dropped during the year.  So he is a penalty too.

Oh, and you signed Marvin Jones for 2 years at $6 last year.  So is he a drop?  He was not on your list of keepers or drops for this year.

Edited by grozeng

22 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Dropping Campbell and Brown if that wasn't clear in my post.

I had a math error in your calculation.  You had 8 as your prior penalty.  I had 7.  So with your 2 new cuts, you have 10 in penalty.  That gives you 115 spent and $85 left for 15 spots remaining.

Edited by grozeng

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have you at $27 spent (Jeudy is not on your team, he was dropped last year).