Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

57 minutes ago, grozeng said:

I have your penalty at 18 so one more dollar for you

Yeah, I got 18 and 19 depending on how I did the math.  If I added up all the penalties and then divided, it was one, but when I divided each number individually and rounded up or down accordingly before adding them together, it was the other.  I just went with the higher final sum, but I'll take the extra dollar.  

Edited by briantw

49 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yeah, I got 18 and 19 depending on how I did the math.  If I added up all the penalties and then divided, it was one, but when I divided each number individually and rounded up or down accordingly before adding them together, it was the other.  I just went with the higher final sum, but I'll take the extra dollar.  

I would do them individually rather than all at once. I had to cut two guys that both cost $29. It's a $10 hit for each of them. But if I'm dividing $58 by 3, it would cost me $19, not $20. $1 might not sound like much, but I got Murray on a four year, $1 contract which is awesome value.

3 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I would do them individually rather than all at once. I had to cut two guys that both cost $29. It's a $10 hit for each of them. But if I'm dividing $58 by 3, it would cost me $19, not $20. $1 might not sound like much, but I got Murray on a four year, $1 contract which is awesome value.

As long as it's being done the same for everyone, it shouldn't be an issue either way.

OK.  Contracts due before the games on Thursday.

If you need me to add anyone to your starting lineup for week 1, let me know and I will put them in.

I need to take out Wentz and put in Big Ben.

Also we have a problem in that all players are on waivers.  I am going to turn off waivers tomorrow morning so people can pick up Kickers and D for week 1.  Any objections?  Should I just do it now?

Edited by grozeng

QB - Alex Smith ($8)
QB - Case Keenum ($4)
QB - Sam Darnold ($14)

WR - Sammy Watkins ($6)
WR - Michael Crabtree ($3)
WR - Jamison Crowder ($3)
WR - Cooper Kupp ($7) K
WR - Jordy Nelson ($1)
WR - Tyler Lockett ($2)
WR - Chris Godwin ($1)
WR - Zay Jones ($3) K

RB - David Johnson ($39)
RB - Royce Freeman ($18)
RB - Rex Burkhead ($2)
RB - Derrick Henry ($17) K
RB - Jamaal Williams ($3) K
RB - Derrius Guice ($11)
RB - Nick Chubb ($12)
RB - Aaron Jones ($1)

TE - David Njoku ($5)
TE - Mike Gesicki ($1)

---

Didn't draft a kicker or a defense. 

Feel good about that team.  Think I can win some games now while locking down some nice long-term deals.  QB is a weakness, but it's one I can more fully address next offseason.

Only guy I ended up with that I didn't want was Nelson.  Figured someone would have bid more than a buck.  Whoops.

43 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'm really sorry, guys. I literally just got home from a 14 hour day...couldn't have gone much worse.  I didn't want to miss the draft.  And inwanst able to get a message out.

Again. Sorry.

Sorry you missed it.  You need a QB - so when we make the Waivers free agents you should try to get one of the guys that are left.

9 minutes ago, briantw said:

Is there any way to make waivers go through tomorrow instead of Monday?  If not, going to be playing week one without a kicker or defense since I can't pick one up until waivers go through.

Yeah, I posted above I am going to switch everyone over tomorrow morning.

Just now, grozeng said:

Yeah, I posted above I am going to switch everyone over tomorrow morning.

Do you know if existing waiver claims will go through when you turn them off or will they just disappear and I'll have to go add manually?

It looks like I can't cancel the waivers.  So if you need to add someone, post here.  We are going to use the waiver priority in Yahoo to see who gets a player if there are duplicate requests.

So the order is:

1. ME
2. Race
3. Blu-ray
4. Grozeng
5. Jaxom
6. Tywin
7. Jace
8. Dracarys
9. briantw
10. Bronn

if you want more than one player it will just cycle through this order.  No cost.  Free adds but you need to post here by end of day today so I can add them in manually to your roster (if I can).  Let's make the deadline midnight eastern tonight.  I will go through the list by then,  If someone misses it, I can still add people until the start of the first game tomorrow, but you need to post here.  After midnight eastern it will be first come first served based on who posted first.

Or maybe message me your pick so not everyone knows,  Give me alternates though in case someone else picks the person and priority in case there is more than one pick.

I am going to pick the best available kicker and that's it.  Just need to look who is available.

This seems a less than optimal solution with a better one available.  I'd feel that way even if I were first.  This is a bidding waiver league.

Can't you just change the waiver period from 2 days to 1?  I tried it as a test in Survivor but there isn't anyone there on waivers who hasn't already played.

Even if not, there is a feature where you as Commish can edit the time a player currently on waivers.  Change all the kickers and defenses with projected scores over zero to 9-SEP and then we can just do normal waivers overnight.  Plus if anyone wants a specific player edited, you could do that via PM.

Edited to add: Crap, doesn't work as I hoped.  Never mind.  It only works with dropped players.

Edited by Bronn Stone

11 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

This seems a less than optimal solution with a better one available.  I'd feel that way even if I were first.  This is a bidding waiver league.

Can't you just change the waiver period from 2 days to 1?  I tried it as a test in Survivor but there isn't anyone there on waivers who hasn't already played.

Even if not, there is a feature where you as Commish can edit the time a player currently on waivers.  Change all the kickers and defenses with projected scores over zero to 9-SEP and then we can just do normal waivers overnight.  Plus if anyone wants a specific player edited, you could do that via PM.

Edited to add: Crap, doesn't work as I hoped.  Never mind.  It only works with dropped players.

Yeah, I tried that.  I did not know I had to change the "set players to after the draft" to something other than "follow waiver rules".  Unfortunately we are stuck.  Next year everyone is a FA after the draft or we try something really radical and actually draft before the start of the season.