Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

11 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Actually, I'll abstain. Thereby preventing a quorum from being present to vote.

That's not how a quorum works Jace. 7 of the 10 members of this legislative body are marked as present, so we've met the requirements regardless if we need a simply majority (50%+1) or a super majority (2/3). If the latter is required here, you could rescind your vote and deny a quorum, and if it's the former, you could do that and convince another to do the same. 

11 hours ago, grozeng said:

Contracts here please.

Unlike trades, I am counting abstains as Nos essentially.  We need 6 Yes votes to make this change since it is in-season.

Absentee is not the same as abstaining. Technically speaking, you are the equivalent of the Speaker of the House and/or the Majority Leader of the Senate, and you could push a vote through right now (though I agree we should get 6 yes votes). You have majority support of the majority present.

Signed,

A former staffer of two U.S. Senators, one State Senator and an elected member of both bodies of the University of Minnesota Student Government (MSA)  

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's not how a quorum works Jace. 7 of the 10 members of this legislative body are marked as present, so we've met the requirements regardless if we need a simply majority (50%+1) or a super majority (2/3). If the latter is required here, you could rescind your vote and deny a quorum, and if it's the former, you could do that and convince another to do the same. 

Absentee is not the same as abstaining. Technically speaking, you are the equivalent of the Speaker of the House and/or the Majority Leader of the Senate, and you could push a vote through right now (though I agree we should get 6 yes votes). You have majority support of the majority present.

Signed,

A former staffer of two U.S. Senators, one State Senator and an elected member of both bodies of the University of Minnesota Student Government (MSA)  

Guess which kind of pain this IR rule is?

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You got lawyered Daggers. Lawyered!!!!!

Also, I’ve assumed you look something like Zoe Barnes.

I fucking wish, more like the female version of Jimmi Simpson but way less good at computers. And way better at drinking. And not owned by the FBI... actually, more like Jimmi Simpson at the end of Westworld. But way less adept at knives. And way better at coping. And not rich as fuck or super rapey at robots...

44 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I'm persuaded.  IR this year, YES.

No No A thousand times NO

5 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I fucking wish, more like the female version of Jimmi Simpson but way less good at computers. And way better at drinking. And not owned by the FBI... actually, more like Jimmi Simpson at the end of Westworld. But way less adept at knives. And way better at coping. And not rich as fuck or super rapey at robots...

I really can’t picture that. I’m sticking with Kate Mara, despite her murderous eyes.

55 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I'm persuaded.  IR this year, YES.

Democracy!!!

@Jaxom 1974, Why are you abstaining? It’s in your best interest to support an IR spot.

10 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

No No A thousand times NO

WW spoiler:

Spoiler

So, female Ed Harris? :P

Edited by Week

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I really can’t picture that. I’m sticking with Kate Mara, despite her murderous eyes.

Democracy!!!

@Jaxom 1974, Why are you abstaining? It’s in your best interest to support an IR spot.

The eyes are the thing I have most in common with her! Though I suppose we are both short, I'm not a fucking rail like her. Wouldn't want to be.

And Jax, do not support this tyrannical IR rule implementation this year. Next year is acceptable, but not TODAY 

22 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The eyes are the thing I have most in common with her! Though I suppose we are both short, I'm not a fucking rail like her. Wouldn't want to be.

Perfect! Also, considering your comment about looking at the mirrors at gyms, I’m guessing you’ve got another thing in common with her too.

;)

49 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I do NOT HAVE DADDY ISSUES

Not what I was talking about, but since it’s on your mind and I am the NFL psychologist, why don’t we talk about it. Got something you need to get off of your chest?

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

NICE. Simple majority takes it, I assume?

We wanted to get 6 votes, but since Jace foolishly brought up a quorum, we do have a veto proof majority among the legislators in attendance, so we could ram this thing through.

:P

10 hours ago, grozeng said:

So do we have 6?  

I think it is just 5 - Bronn, ME, Tywin, Scuba, me

Apologies. Sign Watson at $9, 3 years and Parker at $19, 3 years. Everyone else gets a 1 year rental deal, unless someone wants to trade for one of them before the deals become locked in. 

Also, you might want to start @ing people so they know you’re looking for them.

Reminder contracts due before tonight's first game.

I need to remember to do mine.

47 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, you might want to start @ing people so they know you’re looking for them.

Not sure what that means.  I assume it's a new feature that I have never used.

13 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Not sure what that means.  I assume it's a new feature that I have never used.

It's how you notify people you're mentioning them. Type @ and then their name, @grozeng.

For instance, @Manhole Eunuchsbane @Jaxom 1974