Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 6: Just Send Me a Raven T-Bone

The Anti-Targ

• 1 month later...

So they renewed Luke Cage for a second season. Also apparently they showed a Spider Man teaser at some convention. 

consisting of Peter receiving a box from Happy Hogan that contains a new suit with those little armpit webbings from the comics. Apparently this allows him to glide.

Hopefully well get an online teaser soon. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Peter Dinklage is reported to be in talks for Infinity War, which starts filming next month. I'm thinking...Galactus? Or Pip the Troll.

Galactus still belongs to Fox with F4, no?

14 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Peter Dinklage is reported to be in talks for Infinity War, which starts filming next month. I'm thinking...Galactus? Or Pip the Troll.

Funny how Dinklage was in X-men DoFP. He obviously can't reprise that role in Infinity War, so unless he voices a fully CGIU character such a recognisable person makes an MCU/X-men cross over problematic at least in this X-men continuity. With a subsequent soft re-boot possible in future, so as to introduce a new Wolverine, it would make a cross over more less problematic.

Interesting spoilers on GotG and Thor. 

I don't think it's worth overthinking. Chris Evans was Human Torch in Fox's FF series 4 years before Captain America came out. It isn't like the same actor is being cast to play a different character within the same cinematic universe. There's never going to be a Fox X-Men/MCU crossover...unless Fox reboots the X-Men and makes a deal with Marvel. And, if that's done, Trask would have never existed.

12 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Funny how Dinklage was in X-men DoFP. He obviously can't reprise that role in Infinity War, so unless he voices a fully CGIU character such a recognisable person makes an MCU/X-men cross over problematic at least in this X-men continuity. With a subsequent soft re-boot possible in future, so as to introduce a new Wolverine, it would make a cross over more less problematic.

Interesting spoilers on GotG and Thor. 

I think they can worry about that if they ever reach a scenario where the current x-men and marvel franchise cross-over. Even if they did, it's not like Trask is a keystone figure of the X-men universe.

Marvel had an actress in Cap:Civil war and Luke Cage and it didn't cause any issues.

Enver Gjokaj also has played a character in the Avengers and in Agent Carter. Steve Rodgers is planning to watch Star Wars, three films of which Nick Fury appears in. None of this stuff matters.

On X-Men crossing over. I actually don't want it, and I say that with X-Men being one of my favourite cast of characters. They are a quite nicely self contained set of characters, they have a number of solid villains and storylines. I quite enjoy them being their own thing, their adaptations have been hit or miss, but they strike a different tone to Marvel that's as good in it's own way (incidentally this is what I'm hoping DC will eventually manage, they just need to make a decent film first.) Deadpool would never have been made at Disney, neither would this Logan film (which I am seriously hoping will be good.

As for Fantastic Four, I will not be bothered if I never see them again, but please let their villains and aliens go back to Marvel.

Archived