The Great British Bake Off 2016

Veltigar

12 hours ago, Isis said:

I'm still feeling sad about this series because it's actually been the funniest one in ages and has been good 'fun' generally. But I am still annoyed by the judging decisions. What I found particularly annoying in the last episode was Paul Hollywood talking about who might be leaving - in this kind of vague hand-wavy way, as if somebody else was going to be making that decision and he wasn't involved in it. Weird.

Yeah... I mean, we always knew who would be ousted that week. I hate building false suspense...

Also, Henry saying "Shut up" to Paul when he offered a handshake was pure gold. 

• 11 months later...

The Great British Bake Off is back but this time, under exceptional circumstances and with some changes. Brand new host Matt Lucas joins Noel Fielding, and as we all adapt to the challenges 2020 has brought us, 12 new bakers form a bubble and enter the iconic white tent to tackle brand new challenges set by Judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith.

Starts Tuesday 22nd Sept 8.15 pm on Channel 4 and September 25 on Netflix.

I'm curious what the viewing figures are were for this as a lot of people I know seem to be like: 'I have laughed more in the last 90 minutes than I have this whole year'. It WAS funny and it contained mild peril. I'm on board. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those in the US who are unaware, the latest series of GBBO should be available on Netflix on the Friday after the airing of it in the UK on a Tuesday night - so the same week, but three days later.

As usual, not doing too well on my predictions for who will do well.  Based on review of all the contestants' postings on Instagram, I touted Tom and Jarzinho to go pretty far in the competition.  Eliminated in the first two weeks were - Tom and Jarzinho.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...