Which character do you not care about?

Falcon2908

No care about as in I have a hard time reading their chapters cause I find it boring: 

Everything to do with Dorne - although that might change a little now that Avalon Swann is there :wub:.

Meereen and all the hazoo-zxytl-unpronounceable name guys.

Not care about as in I don't care if they die:

Tyrion

Penny

JonCon

Everyone in Dorne -expect Balon Swann:wub:

On September 1, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Falcon2908 said:

I don't like Penny. I don't care if she dies.

She's so annoying. I'm glad the TV series dropped her

When I read the topic, I thought, "I care about everybody!"  Then I read this and immediately changed my mind. Haha! 

Penny. Definitely Penny. 

I also don't care about anyone from Slavers Bay. Maybe it's because many of them aren't on the tv show, so I don't hear their names out loud, but I get a lot of them confused with each other. Those chapters seem to go slow because im always flipping between pages trying to keep all the Kra Mo Kra names straight. 

I have difficulty staying interested in Daenerys's story, because it is so separated from the rest of the story.  That pretty much includes everyone with her except for Barristan and Missandei.

Anyone in Dorne (Myrcella and Trystane excepted)

Ironborn, except Asha.

2 hours ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

Am I yet to understand Quentyn's purpose in the story, he came from nowhere to just die

A waste of four chapters in ADwD that could have been used for better storylines such as Bran or Davos

Maybe there's a pearl hidden in those chapters whose significance we won't know until later.  

maybe

Put me down as someone who has zero interest in anything Dornish, I would die a happy man if I never had to read another word about Sand Snakes (am I the only one who can't tell them apart?) or about Doran's gout.  (Fake) Aegon doesn't interest me either.  And the whole "Iron Born" thing, especially Theon "Reek", rhymes with creak as in his storyline just creaks along.  And yeah, the Penny Tyrion thing has gotten old.

5 hours ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

Am I yet to understand Quentyn's purpose in the story, he came from nowhere to just die

A waste of four chapters in ADwD that could have been used for better storylines such as Bran or Davos

Well he let two of the dragons out but that's a lot of the book wasted if that's his only effect.  And I guess that Selmy hopes to use two of his companions in the battle of Meereen but again GRRM wasted a lot of time for very little effect.

On 9/1/2016 at 7:13 AM, Falcon2908 said:

I don't like Penny. I don't care if she dies.

She's so annoying. I'm glad the TV series dropped her

There are a few characters that I do not care for.

Characters that I hate are:  (1) Ramsay, (2) Jon Snow, (3) Sansa, (4) Bran, (5) Robert Baratheon, (6) Cersei, (7) Jaime, (8) Theon

4 hours ago, Franklin VI said:

There are a few characters that I do not care for.

Characters that I hate are:  (1) Ramsay, (2) Jon Snow, (3) Sansa, (4) Bran, (5) Robert Baratheon, (6) Cersei, (7) Jaime, (8) Theon

Why do you hate Jon and Bran and Sansa?

Greyjoy's uncles. I hate it when we have chapters with them in it. Asha has more sense than the lot of them put together.

Bran - He gets more tedious as the books go on.

Fat Boy Tarly - I was hoping something bad happened to him but never did.

Tyrion - Love him in the books, but must be number one character I wish came to an timely end in the show.

I have to agree with those who say Penny. I can't see what she really adds to the story at this point, other than highlighting Tyrion's struggle between being bitter towards everyone but sympathetic towards the common folk and cripples, bastards and broken things. I find her very tedious.

I don't hate Dany at all, but her chapters can be quite tedious as they are very removed/disconnected to everyone else's. As a result, they end up being longer than most. Same for characters in Dorne for the most part. 

As a whole though, I understand why some of the characters have to seem boring for a while as it serves to set up stuff for later on. 

Archived