Acrophobia 25 - RESULTS!!!!

Destiel's Child

7 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:

140 was too long and not a challenge. I averaged out the lengths of the prophesies from the last game and it seemed like 80 was the right number for 8-10 letter acronyms (average 6 characters per word plus punctuation)

does that make sense?

Yep. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I would point out that a 7:00 am deadline for the North Americans is not very fair.  It means they have to submit an answer, basically, the night before, while the Europeans still have all morning to work on entries.  :(

Some Europeans have to work - not on the entries but at their workplaces. I'm leaving soon and won't have time to work on my entry any more. :)

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I would point out that a 7:00 am deadline for the North Americans is not very fair.  It means they have to submit an answer, basically, the night before, while the Europeans still have all morning to work on entries.  :(

I believe the round was started around 10:00 AM EST on Thursday.  By my count that gave us all about 93 hours regardless of which continent we live on.

I'm absolutely fine with extending the deadline to the end of today EST.

For future deadlines, I shall be sure to make them end of day BST/midday EST.  As this was the first round and longer than usual, The deadline was just an attempt to get something up for voting today.

I don't think anyone will mind waiting till tomorrow :P

It's all fun and games

**just added a few more hours for final revisions

6 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

I believe the round was started around 10:00 AM EST on Thursday.  By my count that gave us all about 93 hours regardless of which continent we live on.

Howlin', you have your entry in half an hour or less after the letters are posted.  When the closing time is makes absolutely no difference to you one way or the other.  :P

12 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

This is the point I would make. Whining that a deadline is at 7 am EST, also makes the deadline 4 am PST (and an extension of a few hours would put those in the Pacific time zone still at a disadvantage) I am not advocating for a deadline extension. I think that DC's rule that the first to post gets extra points is a good one (maybe extend it to first 3 to post, with bonus points of +4, +2, +1). It gives incentive to the procrastinators.

19 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

i find myself supporting this comment....:thumbsup:

though i completely support the comments of all others commenting... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

my comment needs no support as i am an asshole and am commenting just to stir shit up by commenting...

:commie:

ROUND 1:

H D T K J F I S 

Sansa –

The moment she first lays eyes on her betrothed…

Sansa Stark @sansa_shmansa

1      #Heaven #Dreamy #TrulyKingish #JoffreyForever #IdealSpouse                                         58 char  4 Likes

2      Heavenly dreamy teen! @KingJunior FTW! :wub: #intendedspouse                                        58 char  5 Likes

3      Handsome, dashing, true, knightly! :wub: #JoffreyForever #ImSmitten                                    65 char  9 Likes

4      :wub: Holy delight! @The_Kingly_Joff :wideeyed: FYI ILY #singing! :blush:                                                    60 char  8 Likes

5      hot date tonight . . . kidding :wub: joffrey's fine IMO #smiling                                                   62 char  7 Likes

6      Hot damn! #TrueKnightJoffrey #4everIntense! :love: @Sansurrender                                  61 char  3 Likes

7      Hopelessly devoted! :wub: @tomorrow's_King #jubilantfiance, #idyllicsummer                       72 char  10 Likes

8      #hot:wub:, Demanding trip2 KL! @jeyne, following? #it'ssummer!!                                          62 char  12 Likes

9      #hottie #DAMN @TheKingJoffrey - Forever I’ll swoon! :wub:                                                   54 char  1 Likes

10   Hawt!! #Drool True knight <3 just for @Irresistible_Sansa                                                   57 char  4 Likes

**Likes = points (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd/4th) 4:30'ish BST Thurs Sept 15

Please vote for your top 4 by posting a comment on this thread.  

Points for voting even if you haven't submitted.

:cheers:

ROUND 2:

W

D

A

S

U

R

T

F

V

S

Daenerys @just_dany

She has received 3 dragons' eggs as a wedding gift.

“Dany had heard tales of such eggs, but she had never seen one, nor thought to see one. It was a truly magnificent gift,”…

Deadline for Round 2: Friday September 16, 6pm BST

15 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

This is the point I would make. Whining that a deadline is at 7 am EST, also makes the deadline 4 am PST (and an extension of a few hours would put those in the Pacific time zone still at a disadvantage) I am not advocating for a deadline extension. I think that DC's rule that the first to post gets extra points is a good one (maybe extend it to first 3 to post, with bonus points of +4, +2, +1). It gives incentive to the procrastinators.

we have bonus points for the first 3 to submit (2,1,1).  We can up it.  As a seasoned procrastinator, I'm not so sure the points would drive me. 

8 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Well shit, why don't we just make the deadline one hour after the letters are posted?  :lol:

That'll make the hosts life easier.

I have made the next round deadline roughly 56 hours from now, and will keep it to early evening BST ^_^.  Sod those west coast hippies! :P

Happy to take petitions* to move to Friday instead.    

* Petitions are far more likely to be accepted when accompanied by brownies or other forms of sweet enticement

7 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:

we have bonus points for the first 3 to submit (2,1,1).  We can up it.  As a seasoned procrastinator, I'm not so sure the points would drive me. 

right after I posted I thought that (2,1,1) made more sense. Didn't even realize that was part of the rules. I thought it was only the first. oh well.

First) 10   Hawt!! #Drool True knight <3 just for @Irresistible_Sansa

Second) 4   :wub: Holy delight! @The_Kingly_Joff :wideeyed: FYI ILY #singing! :blush:

Third) 5  hot date tonight . . . kidding :wub: joffrey's fine IMO #smiling

Fourth) 3   Handsome, dashing, true, knightly! :wub: #JoffreyForever #ImSmitten

Archived