Minor characters you found yourself liking

Magnar of Skagos

Simple enough question; was there any minor characters that stood out to you over the course of the novels? What about them captivated you, or just simply garnered your interest?

For me, it was Dick Crabb. I really did not think much of him when he was first encountered by Brienne in AFFC, but seeing him over the course of a few chapters actually made me grow to become quite fond of him. And by the time his storyline finished towards the end of the novel, I felt more sad than I had at any other point in the series.

So, what about you all?

I'd say Rolland Storm. He's a brave man who helps Stannis retreat from Blackwater at huge risk to his own life. He also remains loyal when others abandon him, and holds Dragonstone against Stannis' enemies. And he's also a true king's man, refusing to go along with human sacrifice even if Stannis is tempted.

A simple yet difficult question. There's so many that I liked: Donal Noye, SmallJon, Ser Raynald, Jory.....

But I guess the one that really stands out is Olyvar Frey. Despite his family, I would not be happy if this guy dies. That he was loyal enough to want to remain by Robb's side even after that fiasco with Jeyne and had to be forced to leave was commendable. I honestly don't think he knew anything of the Red Wedding until after the fact. I believe he is also the ward of Rosby, and that he might have a part to play in regards to whatever Bronn does with his sellswords. 

Big Bucket Wull for this speech:

I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter.

Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue

Edric Storm-I can't believe I saying this but Renly did a great job fostering the kid because Edric turn out to be a good kid.

Patchface-He have a higher approval  rating than Selyse. I also doubt that he is more evil than Mel(wanting to burn kids is more evil than  someone  who pridict event like Red Wedding.

Shitmouth-I can't believe no one  mentioned him. he is the least evil of Gregor's men(when prisoner ask nicely, he give them extra bread ) and he had some funny lines.I want him to become Arya's sidekick.

5 hours ago, Batbob45 said:

Edric Storm-I can't believe I saying this but Renly did a great job fostering the kid because Edric turn out to be a good kid.

Patchface-He have a higher approval  rating than Selyse. I also doubt that he is more evil than Mel(wanting to burn kids is more evil than  someone  who pridict event like Red Wedding.

Shitmouth-I can't believe no one  mentioned him. he is the least evil of Gregor's men(when prisoner ask nicely, he give them extra bread ) and he had some funny lines.I want him to become Arya's sidekick.

More likely it was Penrose who did the raising of Edric considering he is half his age. It would explain why he absolutely refused to hand him over to Stannis. So I will give a character liking to him instead.

I liked: Lady Smallwood, Aurane Waters, Daemon Sand, Missandei, Val, Tormund, Khal Drogo, Edric Dayne, Tyene Sand, Myrcella Baratheon, Meera Reed, the Waif, Adam Marbrand and Olyvar Frey.

Daemon Sand stands out the most. Especially in the Arianne sample chapters he seems quite interesting.

Val, Dalla, Meera, Wylla Manderly, Genna, Jeyne Westerling and Poole and Myranda Royce favourite female minors.

Wyman Manderly, Beric Dondarrion, Edd, Big Bucket Wull, Daemon Sand, Edric Dayne, Edric Storm and Robett Glover favourite male minors.

Archived