Daenerys caused Drogos death

Falcon2908

7 hours ago, Protagoras said:

Mirri wanted Drogo to die and Daenerys was foolish enough to trust her, sadly. So, in a way she is responsible partly. 

Daenerys bought all lies Mirri served because she sympatized with her position and wanted to believe her. A costly mistake. Drogo might have survived Dothraki healing, but you don´t survive when a doctor wants you dead. At least Mirri got what she deserved from her lies. 

Mirri got revenge for the destruction of her people. She knew that she'd die for what she did.

2 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Mirri got revenge for the destruction of her people. She knew that she'd die for what she did.

Then everyone is satisfied. Mirri is getting revenge for the destruction of her people, and Daenerys is getting revenge for the lies and the false promises Mirri gave to her personally. Both are equally justified to act as they did.

On 9/5/2016 at 0:34 AM, dariopatke said:

Drogo killed himself, he didn't follow her instructions , I actually think she wanted to heal Drogo and gain his trust, she is related to Marwyn which means there is something interesting about her. 

Even if he strictly followed her instructions, he would have died either way. Mirri has no reason to save him. 

I'm pretty sure that poultice was poisoned.

On 9/4/2016 at 6:25 AM, Falcon2908 said:

Had she allowed the eunuch slaves to heal Drogo's wounds with needle and fire instead of Maegi Mirri's "healing",  he would have lived to be normal again.

And yes I beileve Mirri didn't have any intentions of saving Drogo. After all, he and his khalasar destroyed her city and people. She had poisoned Drogo with her "healing".

No, she caused his death by smothering him when he was a vegatable. who did the healing had nothing to do with it 

1 minute ago, Dorian Martell said:

No, she caused his death by smothering him when he was a vegatable. who did the healing had nothing to do with it 

If she had allowed the Eunuchs to heal him, the situation where she had to smother him would never arise.

Just now, Falcon2908 said:

If she had allowed the Eunuchs to heal him, the situation where she had to smother him would never arise.

If/schmiff. That means nothing. She did what the author wanted and he wanted her to smother her brain dead beloved. she literally caused his death. /thread 

On 9/4/2016 at 6:16 PM, WSmith84 said:

But again, why use her own, more efficient method that was more likely to heal Drogo than the accepted Dothraki method that would arouse less suspicion? Why not just stitch it, burn it and slap mud all over it like Drogo eventually did? Her choice of giving Drogo actual treatment in the hope he would disobey (and maybe exacerbate the problem by then going to the Dothraki healers who would make the wound worse) in order to kill him is needlessly complicated and makes her look suspicious of poisoning him.

My interpretation is this: she genuinely tried to heal Drogo to protect herself (and maybe her people) despite her anger and hatred of Drogo and Daenerys and when that failed, she decided to indulge in revenge. So she performed her magic ritual, knowing that it would not bring Drogo back as he was and then decided to hurt Dany as much as possible for her part in Mirri's fate.

It's not needlessly complicated at all. It's exactly like Cersei sending Robert into the woods with strong wine or her plan to trick him into joining the melee. By putting Drogo's care into his own hands she gives herself plausible deniability. I warned him not to join the melee! is not much different I warned him not to drink alcohol!

She's not all that worried about being caught because her life means nothing now that all that she's cared for has been stripped away from her. She doesn't expect to survive her time with the Dothraki. So when she sees a moment to secure her vengeance, she seizes it.

Just look at the venom she spits when finally confronted by Dany:

"Saved me?" The Lhazareen woman spat. "Three riders had taken me, not as a man takes a woman but from behind, as a dog takes a bitch. The fourth was in me when you rode past. How then did you save me? I saw my god's house burn, where I had healed good men beyond counting. My home they burned as well, and in the street I saw piles of heads. I saw the head of a baker who made my bread. I saw the head of a boy I had saved from deadeye fever, only three moons past. I heard children crying as the riders drove them off with their whips. Tell me again what you saved."

This doesn't sound like the ravings of someone who meant well then suddenly changed her mind. She's been seething since Dany took her into her care. Her behavior reminds me a lot of Varys. Insert yourself in the inner circle and work your damage from there.

14 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

It's not needlessly complicated at all. It's exactly like Cersei sending Robert into the woods with strong wine or her plan to trick him into joining the melee. By putting Drogo's care into his own hands she gives herself plausible deniability. I warned him not to join the melee! is not much different I warned him not to drink alcohol!

She's not all that worried about being caught because her life means nothing now that all that she's cared for has been stripped away from her. She doesn't expect to survive her time with the Dothraki. So when she sees a moment to secure her vengeance, she seizes it.

Again, that's all fine, but why did she use her own healing method which was more likely to cure Drogo than the Eunuchs' method which would almost certainly kill him and arouse less suspicion? Let's take a look at the healing methods:

Eunuch and Dothraki herbwomen: sew the wound, burn it, slap some mud on it - all in all, a recipe for an infection

Mirri's method: boiling wine, sew the wound and put some fiery herbs on it - can't speak for the last step, but the first two are maesters' favourites

I'd say Mirri's appears more effective. So again, why not just use the traditional Dothraki method? It would give her far more plausible deniability than using her own methods could (which we indeed see when Drogo begins to die) and are more likely to kill Drogo anyway. And if she somehow heals Drogo with the Dothraki method, then she is still in that position of trust to harm him later. She has absolutely no reason to use her own, more effective method in this situation.

Archived