"Green Trial", seriously?

TheSerb

Am I the only one who finds this so unbelievably lame? I mean, I know it follows the same pattern as Red Wedding and Purple Wedding, but in those two cases it made sense to use color as the association. Everyone associates red with blood. Purple is the color of royalty, so it fit the royal wedding, not just because that was the color of Joffrey's face.

But come on, the color green is definitely not what you primarily associate with wildfire. Fire, burning, pain, destruction...yet the first thing that comes to mind is green? If this was a regular explosion, would we call it the Orange Trial?

To me, Green Trial sounds like High Sparrow sued Cersei because she doesn't care about the environment and the climate change. Is he also a vegan by any chance?

3 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

But the color of wildfire is green, as it has been defined since ACOK. The resonance of a huge green explosion ending the Tyrell line is not that far-fetched, I think.

Well, I retract my comment about it not making sense, but green is still not what strikes me the most when it concerns wildfire. Yeah, it's green, but that's not its primary quality, is it? I think Trial by Fire is a much cooler name, or something that alludes to the fire rather than the color. Green Trial sounds like something that happened in a forest.

Archived