What's For Dinner, Take 7

Xray the Enforcer

On 4/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Cheers. That was the smallest size I could find as well. I think I'll slightly drop cooking temp rather than the time. 

Success? Or did a few pints turn into the first of many?

On 4/23/2019 at 9:10 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I have some fresh caught trout to cook and i’m debating what to do with it. I was thinking roasting it on a bed of fennel and some other veg i have lying around and just keeping the seasoning plain, the better to enjoy the fresh fish.

otherwise its trout parcels with a thai-inspired stuffing

A week late.

But did you catch the fish yourself?

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

A week late.

But did you catch the fish yourself?

No. Among my many talents (hah, was wondering why i was thinking of this turn of phrase then realised. First Law reread) fishing is not included. Wouldn’t know how to start to be perfectly honest.

It was a family friend who caught it. He had a pretty good haul and had more than enough for what he wanted 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

No. Among my many talents (hah, was wondering why i was thinking of this turn of phrase then realised. First Law reread) fishing is not included. Wouldn’t know how to start to be perfectly honest.

It was a family friend who caught it. He had a pretty good haul and had more than enough for what he wanted 

Take a string and put a hook on one end. Put a worm on the hook. Then tie the other side to your big toe and away we go!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Left over lamb shoulder, crisped up with honey, and served in wraps with halloumi, sriracha mayo, pickled red cabbage and red pepper hummus. 

I’m salivating just thinking about that.

It was hot and clammy today so we had grilled flatbreads topped with tomato, feta and mint

On 5/20/2019 at 6:22 AM, BigFatCoward said:

It was like a posh donner kebab.

Donner kebab?  Don't know if you are aware of this but look up Donner party.

Beef and Broccoli and water. 

I would love to schedule my meals now and make them all because I'm buying too many meals on my way places and money just runs down the drain. 

I love food but never thought about motherf------ making it myself? How completely dumb of me. I'm even creative...think about what I could create.

I had homemade fish fingers chips and peas because i’m a three year old girl at heart.

They were a bit fancied up but that was essentially the meal. 

Used a mixture of fish for the fingers because it was bought as fish pie mix (the original meal plan, but that got scrapped). Salmon, smoked haddock, pollock and cod. Coated them in flour, egg, breadcrumbs. Then the egg and breadcrumbs again because i like a thicker crust. Couple of minutes in the frying pan either side then the oven for 5 minutes.

Chips - sweet potato cut into, uh, chip shape (strips?) tossed in a little oil and chosen seasoning (i use a pinch of cayenne and smoked paprika). Oven bake for 25-30 minutes.

Peas were kept simple.

Had a quiet meal out with mothership to celebrate end of exams. I had prawn skewers on a dressed salad. Simple but delicious. Very heavy on the garlic, just as i like it.

she had whole seabass in lemon and thyme dressing which looked and smelled divine.

finished with espresso martinis.

Archived