Favourite character/characters?

JSASTL

On 10/9/2016 at 8:51 PM, JSASTL said:

Who is your favourite GoT character or characters from the show (you can list more than one!) and why? 

In the show my favourites are Bran (because he is the key to the story, good-hearted and brave), Arya (because I empathised with her since the beginning) and Brienne (a woman secure of herself, who does what she wants).

I also like Meera a lot, the more she appears, the better. And the Iron born siblings.

Catelyn and Ned were the moral core of the show, so I will miss them dearly.

Cersei because she is just so complex and dark I can't help but be fascinated by her.

Davos has kind of taken over Ned and Cat as the moral center of the show, and I love him for it.

Olenna because I love it when she roasts people.

Funnily enough I absolutely love Margaery Tyrell in the show and is a character I really do not care about in the books. Just love how she played the game and was clever, manipulative, beautiful but also kind. I do see her as a balance between the Starks and the Lannisters. Able to play the game like the Lannisters but with the moral compass of the Starks. Thought Natalie Dormer did a terrific job. Also loved that her death came from a mistake of another character (the HS) rather than herself underestimating Cersei. Her scenes with Olenna Tyrell were golden as well.

Well, most of my book top 5 is out because of fundamental changes (stupid Jon/invincible Arya doesn't do it for me).

I think I have to go Larry/Jaime. While he most certainly is not book Jaime, he still develops fairly logically, and has been as consistent as anyone else in the show.  Disregarding the incest, forbidden love and seeking to finally take a role in his children's lives works IMO.  Plus, he's as well acted as anyone in the show, especially with Mr. Saint being phoned in the last 2 seasons.   

From the show? well, I like Tyrion (Peter Dinklage has done an exquisite job portraying the imp), Davos and Ramsay (know Iwan Rheon since Misfits, the guy's amazing). I also think they've done a terrific job casting Sean Bean as Ned and Mark Addy as Robert.  

I have not read any of the books, but from the show these are my top 10 (in no particular order)

- Ned Stark

- Tyrion

- Tywin: He might be my overall favorite character

- Cersei

- Arya: She has great on air chemistry with everyone they put her with.

- Daenerys

- Jorah

- Joffrey: A fun character to hate & Jack is an amazing actor

- Stannis

- The Hound

That was a hard list to come up with because I like a lot of the characters on the show.

• 4 weeks later...

My book favourites have been changed too much, so this list is completely different than the one I have for the books:

Davos: I found his chapters a bit boring in the books, but he is a really great character in the show and Liam Cunningham does a fantastic job.

Tyrion: I know most his bookfans don't like the saintly version of him. However, his mysoginy and some of the things he does always prevented me from liking the book version of his character. I really like him on the show and Peter Dinklage is a great actor, but Tyrion annoyed me a bit in Season 6. 

Carol/ Cheryl/ Cersei: She is not book!Cersei, but somehow I like her character, even after the whole Sept of Baelor thing I still like her and she's a fascinating villain. I find her far more intersting than Ramsey or Joffrey, because she's more complex and because her character has some positive traits. 

Osha: Rip :( I never cared much about her in the books, but I really like her in the show and her relationship with Bran and Rickon is great. 

Meera: I would love to see more of her. The fact that she basically gave up everything in order to help Bran makes her really sympathetic to me. Instead of running and trying to save her own life after the whole Hodor thing the still tried to save Bran, knowing that she would most likely die as well. I think these factors make her one of the morally best characters of the show. How many of us would do the same? 

Archived