Favourite character/characters?

JSASTL

This is a interesting thread as I never gave to much thought on who my favorites are in the show, as I generally like all the good guys and hate the bad.

But if I had to say

1# Liam Cunninghams - "Davos": Liam Cunningham Davos is really good to me, he brings so much reason&logic. I hope his Davos is survives to the end and his rewarded for all that he done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16 September 2016 at 3:58 PM, Lord Oaf of Highgarden said:

Funnily enough I absolutely love Margaery Tyrell in the show and is a character I really do not care about in the books. Just love how she played the game and was clever, manipulative, beautiful but also kind. I do see her as a balance between the Starks and the Lannisters. Able to play the game like the Lannisters but with the moral compass of the Starks. Thought Natalie Dormer did a terrific job. Also loved that her death came from a mistake of another character (the HS) rather than herself underestimating Cersei. Her scenes with Olenna Tyrell were golden as well.

I agree- she's one of my favourite characters in the show. Other favourites are (no particular order, including deceased)- Littlefinger, Sansa, Tyrion, Jaime, Danaerys, Cersei, Tywin, Olenna and Varys. I quite like Sam and Gilly as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tyrion  and Daenerys are by far my two favorites from the series.  Tyrion can pretty much talk his way out of anything, and is usually the voice of reason. As far a Daenerys goes, I've really enjoyed watcher her grow from a scared girl into the fierce woman she is.  She stands her ground and does not back down. 

Another favorite is Cerci, she's a character you just love to hate, and is played so well by Lena Headey.

Stannis, Davos, Jaime, Tywin, Melisandre, Oberyn (TV show only), and Jorah (TV Show only) are the tops for me.  I was a show-only fan and just over the past 3 months read the books, and found that besides Jorah (who I went from liking to disliking) and Brienne (who I went from disliking to liking) for the most part the books only amplified how I felt about the characters.  As everyone always says, Jaime is a million times better in the books, but I still like him and feel invested in him on TV.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, Larger than Average Finger said:

Shae, Ros,Marei, Daisy, Mirelle

OK, I am beginning to see a pattern.

Bravo!

After re-watching the shows from S6 I have to say that while I am still impressed by how Sansa and Jaime have been developed I am now deeply impressed by what Carice Van Houten has done with Melisandre as a character.  And I want to add Tywin to my list, I really think that maybe the best "team" to run Westeros may have been Stannis (without the "Lord of Light") as King and Tywin as his Hand.  Tywin was easily the smartest man in power in Kings Landing.  My favorite scene, which you have to watch on youtube because D&D left it out of the show is Tywin fishing and up walks Pycelle with his whole "I'm just a poor old man" routine and Tywin calls him out on it "Am I really the only one who sees through this act?"

Archived