Star Wars Rogue One: Now With Less Rouge

Myrddin

25 minutes ago, mormont said:

Ever wonder what they were eating at that victory feast? Those empty Stormtrooper helmets came from somewhere.

13 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

The other white meat.

These steaks are side by side, sand chickens always ship single-stacked to hide their numbers. And these grill marks, too accurate for poultry... Only Imperial Stormtroopers cook so evenly.

2 hours ago, Crazydog7 said:

From the previews this looks to be a somewhat darker Star Wars film which is fine.  I can deal with whatever Disney does to the franchise as long as we all collectively forget the Gungans and the Ewoks.  

At least the Gungans actually lost their battle and lost it hard.  They only didn't all get shipped into presumed slavery because Anakin is the luckiest luck to ever luck.  The Ewoks beat the best troops the Empire had to offer in the Galaxy with sticks and stones.

On 03/12/2016 at 0:45 AM, Slurktan said:

At least the Gungans actually lost their battle and lost it hard.  They only didn't all get shipped into presumed slavery because Anakin is the luckiest luck to ever luck.  The Ewoks beat the best troops the Empire had to offer in the Galaxy with sticks and stones.

Don't forget they also had the ultimate weapon on their side-plot armour.

I really should have learned how to acquire some of that..... :(

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Don't forget they also had the ultimate weapon on their side-plot armour.

I really should have learned how to acquire some of that..... :(

If only you would have made yourself a little more kid-friendly...

5 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

If only you would have made yourself a little more kid-friendly...

Come on, you're telling me Yoda was kid friendly?, he hung around in a swamp and was a creepy little goblin, I had a cool chair, space ships and a huge battle station, kids love stuff like that!!.

5 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Got my ticket for Rogue One on the first Tuesday available.  Why is every theatre 3D these days?  There wasn't an option for a regular showing.

It is of course, the same here. 2d is no longer allowed by the cinema chains simply because they make more money off 3d.

A lot of people I know much prefer 2d, but what people want isn't actually relevant, it's all about turnover. And the dislike of 3d, while certainly there among many people, is not so strong that it makes them decide to not see the film.

3 hours ago, Calibandar said:

It is of course, the same here. 2d is no longer allowed by the cinema chains simply because they make more money off 3d.

A lot of people I know much prefer 2d, but what people want isn't actually relevant, it's all about turnover. And the dislike of 3d, while certainly there among many people, is not so strong that it makes them decide to not see the film.

I agree. The cinema also knows that many will choose 3D if that's the only option available or if the 2D room is tiny/sold out. Until people outright refuse to watch 3D the situation isn't going to change. It's more likely we'll get 2D tickets on sale for the same cost as 3D ones as a "solution"

11 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Got my ticket for Rogue One on the first Tuesday available.  Why is every theatre 3D these days?  There wasn't an option for a regular showing.

I know Cinemark chains still have 2D, maybe half of the screens at my local theater are 2D, though I got tickets for the 3D first viewing. I'll probably go see it in 2D for my second time. I actually prefer 2D tbh, but was outvoted by my friends that I'm going with to see this.

I think we ought to pin this interview ready for when this question gets raised for the nth time. 

- Why don't people believe in Jedi at the time of ANH.

IGN: The fall of the Jedi in Revenge of the Sith only happened roughly twenty years before Rogue One begins and yet they're treated as almost a myth. How does your film address how it seems that so many people and recent events can be almost forgotten or treated as myth in just a few decades?

Gareth Edwards: I think the world itself is a really big place and in the Star Wars world, that universe is massive. And so I feel like there were certainly people who saw them or knew them and obviously we saw that in the other films. But it becomes Chinese whispers when it has to travel across not just planets but, like, different solar systems and so I think there's just people that have never seen anything that's proven this or had anything to do with it. 

We have our tickets for the "Director's Experience" at 11:50 PM on Thursday.  Reserved seating, so I don't have to wait around for two hours beforehand on the off chance I won't have to sit up front.

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

We have our tickets for the "Director's Experience" at 11:50 PM on Thursday.  Reserved seating, so I don't have to wait around for two hours beforehand on the off chance I won't have to sit up front.

Will you drop a "rebel scum" on the peasants standing in line? :)

14 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

I think we ought to pin this interview ready for when this question gets raised for the nth time.

It's not a very good answer in my opinion, I'm afraid. I mean, it's a decent attempt, but the question it's trying to answer is really difficult to provide a satisfactory answer to, and this doesn't really do that. 20 years is still too short a time for a thing to move from fact to myth. It's within living memory. Either people always regarded Jedi as a myth or they somehow decided they were completely wrong about what used to be an accepted fact. Neither makes much sense.

14 hours ago, Astromech said:

Will you drop a "rebel scum" on the peasants standing in line? :)

May need to do that.  I'll be wearing my Darth Vader Christmas sweater.  He's wearing a Santa hat and it says "I find your lack of cheer disturbing."  :lol: 

8 hours ago, mormont said:

It's not a very good answer in my opinion, I'm afraid. I mean, it's a decent attempt, but the question it's trying to answer is really difficult to provide a satisfactory answer to, and this doesn't really do that. 20 years is still too short a time for a thing to move from fact to myth. It's within living memory. Either people always regarded Jedi as a myth or they somehow decided they were completely wrong about what used to be an accepted fact. Neither makes much sense.

Not only that but Darth Vader and The Emperor are in charge! They are users of the force the same as a Jedi would be.

I guess the excuse could be that much like Ned Starks command to his household not to gossip or ask about Jon Snows mother, once the Emperor says don't ever talk about Jedi's, no one does and thy fall from memory? 

I

8 hours ago, mormont said:

I think it's more of the former - that jedi were always seen as a myth. The only place they weren't was either with the higher-ups (like Jabba), people who dealt with the jedi directly (Geonosis), or where they had a very large presence (Coruscant). Everywhere else in the galaxy - they were likely to never have seen a Jedi, Sith, or have anything to do with them - much less know what they could do and how they could do it.

In a lot of the EU and even in things like Clone Wars you have a lot of beings that know the force but have no idea about the Jedi. 

Archived