Fun with Fancasts.

Lady Blizzardborn

Have any of you seen the Game of Thrones characters and Disney cartoon characters mash up that someone did on Tumblr a few years ago? I can't find the original posts, but here's the Buzzfeed article about it, I think it has all the pictures: https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/someone-mashed-up-game-of-thrones-with-different-disney-movi?utm_term=.ahNxyxNB4#.kbrQvQYXe

The Theon one especially makes me LOL.

Oh and since historical characters have been mentioned so much in this game, would any of you good folks want to participate in the ASOAIG Guessing Game- Favorite Historical Female Characters? http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/137793-asoiaf-guessing-game-version-1-afu-favorite-historical-female-character-sent-your-list/

I can't believe that we haven't been able to find more than 4 people so far to send their lists.

1 hour ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Maybe we can step away from the Targs for a bit. Anyone have an idea who would play the part of Queen Nymeria?

GRRM had told this actress that she's like Nymeria : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1232470/

But I've not seen her in anything so I'm unsure of how she'll be in the role.

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Possible on both Gavankar and Gadot.

What does everyone think about Aishwarya Rai for Queen Nym? Too delicate?

No, not at all. She's also not a good actress (I'm from India, and have seen her Bollywood movies)

I like the suggestion of Gal Gadot better.

@Annara Snow

Oops, my bad. I thought it was for Queen Nymeria. She actually does resemble the TWOIAF picture of Queen Nymeria a bit.

45 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

All good ideas.

What about the late Lady Lyarra Stark? We have next to no info about her other than that her mother was Arya Flint (of the Mountains, I think), and her father was a Stark. 

Well, that's exactly why no one is casting her. There are so many characters with established personalities, roles in the story, descriptions, why would anyone focus on casting someone we only know the name and parents of? I assume she was already dead by the time of Robert's Rebellion, since she's never mentioned.

11 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

For young Ned - David Wenham maybe?

Oh I love the idea!

Speaking of Young Ned...I think Phoebe Tonkin would be a perfect Ashara Dayne (with contact lens, of course)

And I kinda see Adrian Brody as Benjen...IIRC wasn't he somewhat skinny?

On a small note: I'd love to see Maggie Smith as Old Nan...must be a very snarky Old Nan :D 

16 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Well, that's exactly why no one is casting her. There are so many characters with established personalities, roles in the story, descriptions, why would anyone focus on casting someone we only know the name and parents of? I assume she was already dead by the time of Robert's Rebellion, since she's never mentioned.

The answer to this is the same as the answer to many things...because we can. This also plays into casting Brandon, Ned, Lyanna, and Benjen. Choose an actress who could easily be seen as the mother of any of the actors mentioned for the roles of her children, or the grandmother of Arya and Jon, and it's a slam dunk. Double the difficulty by trying the whole family: Lyarra, Rickard, and four people who look like they could be the progeny of those two. :D

@siyxx Phoebe Tonkin is definitely beautiful. GRRM hasn't given us much frame of reference for Ashara other than dark hair, purple eyes, and one of the most beautiful women of her day; the last of which is somewhat subjective. Also AB as Benjen would certainly work, and I agree with Maggie Smith for Old Nan. That would be awesome!

Can we put in Judi Dench as an alternate for the Queen of Thorns? I love Diana Rigg in the role, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Dame Judi could do with it. 

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The answer to this is the same as the answer to many things...because we can. This also plays into casting Brandon, Ned, Lyanna, and Benjen. Choose an actress who could easily be seen as the mother of any of the actors mentioned for the roles of her children, or the grandmother of Arya and Jon, and it's a slam dunk. Double the difficulty by trying the whole family: Lyarra, Rickard, and four people who look like they could be the progeny of those two. :D

@siyxx Phoebe Tonkin is definitely beautiful. GRRM hasn't given us much frame of reference for Ashara other than dark hair, purple eyes, and one of the most beautiful women of her day; the last of which is somewhat subjective. Also AB as Benjen would certainly work, and I agree with Maggie Smith for Old Nan. That would be awesome!

Can we put in Judi Dench as an alternate for the Queen of Thorns? I love Diana Rigg in the role, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Dame Judi could do with it. 

We don't even know if her children took after her or Rickard. Or if she and Rickard, as cousins, both looked similar and had the "Stark look".

And sure we can - but we also can cast a whole bunch of other characters that are more interesting and that we have info about.

Ashara is obviously inspired by Liz Taylor, except GRRM made her tall, which Liz wasn't.

Annara, you're overthinking this. It's "Fun with Fancasts."  The emphasis is on fun. 

The inspiration for Ashara has not been discussed by the author so far as I know. The only time I've read that he mentioned Liz at all was when pointing out that having purple eyes does not exclusively indicate Valyrian heritage. But Liz would be an excellent point of reference regardless.

Archived