Who is the luckiest character in ASOIAF?

Ser Snowflake

On 17 September 2016 at 3:05 PM, Jasta11 said:

I think a group of proud nobles like the Lords Declarant should be far more wary of a guy who, in the span of one war, went from Robert's glorified copper counter to the de jure Lord of the Riverlands and the de facto Lord of the Vale. That's a ridiculously rapid ascension in their society.

To say nothing of the fact that he marries Lysa out of the blue (as far as others are concerned) and poof, she dies under ridiculously fishy circumstances weeks later, conveniently leaving LF with an open path to power. But I'm sure that, apart from that, he's the nicest guy ever, nothing suspicious, move along now.

But then again, as with most everyone surrounding Littlefinger, the Lords Declarant are written like a bunch of gullible fools so that Petyr can look smart in comparison.

Completely agree. The only way I can marginally explain LF's insane luck is that since we don't have his POV, we only see the plans that succeeded and not those that failed, hence giving us the illusion that everything he does bears fruits. What if there was a myriad of contingency plans and hatched schemes that ultimately led to nowhere or weren't needed and we just haven't heard of them. Still, he lucked out massively when i) Tyrion conveniently forgot that LF tried to frame him for Jon Arryn's murder and ii) when the Lords Declarant suddenly decided to drop 100 IQ points and fall for his Jedi mind tricks. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2016 at 10:05 AM, Jasta11 said:

To say nothing of the fact that he marries Lysa out of the blue (as far as others are concerned) and poof, she dies under ridiculously fishy circumstances weeks later, conveniently leaving LF with an open path to power. But I'm sure that, apart from that, he's the nicest guy ever, nothing suspicious, move along now.

they did have somebody confess to the crime of killing Lysa so why would they be suspicious of Littlefinger ? Her death is the reason that they are there with an army to throw Littlefinger out on his ass so why would they think that her death was to his advantage ? 

Archived