Star Trek: Discovery

Werthead

12 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Don't know why you're lumping in the US with Canada.  It just shows up in Canada, on our Space channel, which most cable or satellite subscribers already get.  MWAHAHAHAHAH

I think the first episode is being aired on Space channel and it is goingto be streamed on something called CraveTV. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

Well, we thought it was about the romulans.....but that was when Fuller was still running it, so now I don't think we know much at all for sure.

There was was buzz that it was going to take place in 2313ish. This takes place before Balance of Terror so unfortunately they wouldn't be. I would love to see the Romulans, I always liked the episodes of Enterprise and the Next Generation when they showed up. 

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

There was was buzz that it was going to take place in 2313ish. This takes place before Balance of Terror so unfortunately they wouldn't be. I would love to see the Romulans, I always liked the episodes of Enterprise and the Next Generation when they showed up. 

Yea, I had a theory about that in the last thread. Fuller said BoT was a 'touchstone' for Discovery, and when someone asked if it was about the Romulan war he said 'close'.  So it's safe to say they were something to do with it, but I don't think we can concretely say anything now that Fuller's left. 

Just now, DaveSumm said:

Yea, I had a theory about that in the last thread. Fuller said BoT was a 'touchstone' for Discovery, and when someone asked if it was about the Romulan war he said 'close'.  So it's safe to say they were something to do with it, but I don't think we can concretely say anything now that Fuller's left. 

Hopefully his fingerprints haven't been wiped clean. It would be awesome if the viewer gets to see them in some way. Maybe interacting with the Klingons. 

Fuller left after he'd written the scripts for several episodes and the outline for the whole season, which is what they are proceeding on. Many of the detailed changes will belong to the new showrunners, but the overall direction of the series will be Fuller's.

Star Trek: Discovery has its starring actress.

Sonequa Martin-Green will be playing a Lt. Commander on the Discovery and will be main star of the series. She currently plays Sasha on The Walking Dead, and will apparently appear in both shows as they've worked out a schedule that both CBS and AMC are happy with.

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Sonequa Martin-Green will be playing a Lt. Commander on the Discovery and will be main star of the series. She currently plays Sasha on The Walking Dead, and will apparently appear in both shows as they've worked out a schedule that both CBS and AMC are happy with.

I am completely indifferent. I know nothing about her as I do not watch The Walking Dead.  I will remain skeptical of the show as a whole, for the moment, until I get more on substance.  

9 hours ago, Werthead said:

I suspect that's just spoiler control and AMC doesn't want to admit her character is dead. Although with the idiotic storytelling in Walking Dead I guess they could just stick her in a storyline/location they only visit once every 5 episodes.

It should be a step up for the actress and she seems to handle the material in WD with ease.

I wonder if we'll get any big casting announcements for the show? I feel like Trek needs a bit of stunt casting for the first season at least. There must be some Thespians around they could tempt in at least.

Archived