Maisie Williams: S7 scripts made me read & RE-READ everything!

a black swan

This is so exiting! I can't beleive it's finally happening.

1 hour ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I don't want to be a killjoy, but is it what it seems? I mean, why would HBO give away such a big spoiler?

I don't think HBO has anything to do with the release of these pictures. The photagrapher sold them to Daily Mail. 

Spoiler

It's no more spoilery than Emilia releasing the video from the set in Northern Ireland.

4 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Maybe because it creates hype. The series is all about hype lately and it gives people something to talk about when there are no new episodes. Last year we had the "Jon Snow is really dead"  an now we need something else. I've got the feeling that HBO wants that people talk about GoT all-year round and not just during the 2-3 months when a new season is airing. Some newspapers talk about these things and publish GoT related articles nearly every week. Whenever a cast members or D&D says something it gets published, whenever there is a picture from the set it gets published. Even it cases where the stuff that gets published is not that important, it still gets published because it's about GoT. 

BTW if I'm not mistaken these pictures were not published by HBO, but by someone who secretly took a picture and leaked it. Similarly to the picture of Kit Harrington that was leaked last year. 

Precisely. The set pics were taken on Sept 23rd. The photographr is selling them slowly to newspapers trying to makes the most money possible. 

With only 7 eps, d&d have less time to do everything they need to. I predicted Arya meeting Mel/BwB in ep 1 and making it to Winterfell by ep2. To think there are only 5 eps left to wrap up the rest of the S7 story... so little time. HBO/D&D aren't dallying around with pointless scenes that don't move the story along. I doubt Tyrion will get his 5 minutes of joke-parodies anymore. 

34 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Precisely. The set pics were taken on Sept 23rd. The photographr is selling them slowly to newspapers trying to makes the most money possible. 

With only 7 eps, d&d have less time to do everything they need to. I predicted Arya meeting Mel/BwB in ep 1 and making it to Winterfell by ep2. To think there are only 5 eps left to wrap up the rest of the S7 story... so little time. HBO/D&D aren't dallying around with pointless scenes that don't move the story along. I doubt Tyrion will get his 5 minutes of joke-parodies anymore. 

The problem with that is that we will barely get any scenes which are focussed on character development. This was already largely absent from season 6. There will probably be a short sweet Stark re-union scene, but afterwards they will only be focussed on the problems they have to solve (dealing with LF, Danaerys and the White Walkers) instead of giving us scenes where they talk about their dead family members or their childhood. Sure that doesn't advance the plot, but it is necessary for character development and makes us care more about the characters. 

I would love to see on all the Starks re-united, but I have the fear that we will be too many characters in one place. This could lead to a situation where some characters who would normally be more important will loose there importance and become sort-of backround characters. There won't be enough screen-time to give each individual character the importance they deserve or to focus on each character's development. 

This  already happened with the Winterfell storyline in Season 5 where we had Sansa, Theon, Ramsay, Roose, Myranda and by extension also Brienne and Pod in one place. Not enough time was devoted to Theon's redemption arc, Sansa lost all her agency and Roose also lost some of his importance, because Ramsay became more important. 

In Season 6 we had the same probably with the Northern storyline: Rickon and Osha didn't get any scenes before they where killed off (Rickon didn't even get any lines), Melisandre was sort of a backround character for most of the season and Jon's ressurection was barely mentioned. 

In 7 we will have all of the following characters at Winterfell: Sansa, Jon, LF, Davos and Tormund. Maybe Lyanna Mormont and Lord Royce will also appear in some scenes. Then Arya, Bran and possibly Meera will join the party and it will become crowded. I have the fear that Bran and Meera will just become backround-characters. 

Sorry, for all the negativity, but I'm just not exited about these things as some of you are. 

1 hour ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

The problem with that is that we will barely get any scenes which are focussed on character development. This was already largely absent from season 6. There will probably be a short sweet Stark re-union scene, but afterwards they will only be focussed on the problems they have to solve (dealing with LF, Danaerys and the White Walkers) instead of giving us scenes where they talk about their dead family members or their childhood. Sure that doesn't advance the plot, but it is necessary for character development and makes us care more about the characters. 

I would love to see on all the Starks re-united, but I have the fear that we will be too many characters in one place. This could lead to a situation where some characters who would normally be more important will loose there importance and become sort-of backround characters. There won't be enough screen-time to give each individual character the importance they deserve or to focus on each character's development. 

This  already happened with the Winterfell storyline in Season 5 where we had Sansa, Theon, Ramsay, Roose, Myranda and by extension also Brienne and Pod in one place. Not enough time was devoted to Theon's redemption arc, Sansa lost all her agency and Roose also lost some of his importance, because Ramsay became more important. 

In Season 6 we had the same probably with the Northern storyline: Rickon and Osha didn't get any scenes before they where killed off (Rickon didn't even get any lines), Melisandre was sort of a backround character for most of the season and Jon's ressurection was barely mentioned. 

In 7 we will have all of the following characters at Winterfell: Sansa, Jon, LF, Davos and Tormund. Maybe Lyanna Mormont and Lord Royce will also appear in some scenes. Then Arya, Bran and possibly Meera will join the party and it will become crowded. I have the fear that Bran and Meera will just become backround-characters. 

Sorry, for all the negativity, but I'm just not exited about these things as some of you are. 

Great food for thought, I read it all with interest.

I understand your concern.   Sometimes movies try to cram so many characters into a story that we are just skimmnig across the surface, there's no time to dive deeply into the character of any of them (superhero movies have done this quite a few times...with every sequel, they need to try to top what they did before, so they jam more and more characters into the storyline.  There are many examples of this, the most recent being X-Men: Apocalypse, which I just saw last week:  Good moive, but they jammed so many characters into the story that quite a few of them had virtually NO time for ANY character background or development)

But here's why I think there's reason to be optimistic about this stuff in GOT's Season 7:  Yes, the characters will converge at Winterfell, BUT, I think they will quickly disperse again.  I think there will be a big reunion, we will get some scenes where only a few are present to catch up with each other (say, a scene with just Arya and Jon, or just Arya and Sansa, or just Bran and Jon, or just Sansa and Brienne, or just Arya and Sandor).   Then there will be a big "war council" scene, where everyone's next "mission" will be discussed, then bam, they separate. again to do what they need to do.  (For just one example, I believe Brienne and Pod will be sent to Winterfell as emissaries, possibly with Littlefinger, to try to convince the Lannisters that they need to wake up and start dealing with the WW/Others)

So...reunion, war council, then many of them split up again, and things won't be so crowded anymore.

15 minutes ago, Cron said:

I understand your concern.   Sometimes movies try to cram so many characters into a story that we are just skimmnig across the surface, there's no time to dive deeply into the character of any of them (superhero movies have done this quite a few times...with every sequel, they need to try to top what they did before, so they jam more and more characters into the storyline.  There are many examples of this, the most recent being X-Men: Apocalypse, which I just saw last week:  Good moive, but they jammed so many characters into the story that quite a few of them had virtually NO time for ANY character background or development)

But here's why I think there's reason to be optimistic about this stuff in GOT's Season 7:  Yes, the characters will converge at Winterfell, BUT, I think they will quickly disperse again.  I think there will be a big reunion, we will get some scenes where only a few are present to catch up with each other (say, a scene with just Arya and Jon, or just Arya and Sansa, or just Bran and Jon, or just Sansa and Brienne, or just Arya and Sandor).   Then there will be a big "war council" scene, where everyone's next "mission" will be discussed, then bam, they separate. again to do what they need to do.  (For just one example, I believe Brienne and Pod will be sent to Winterfell as emissaries, possibly with Littlefinger, to try to convince the Lannisters that they need to wake up and start dealing with the WW/Others)

So...reunion, war council, then many of them split up again, and things won't be so crowded anymore.

Dragonstone could be another option. They need dragon glass desperately. 

Jon is going to face turmoil as King and LF is going to be at the center of this discord. I doubt he is going anywhere until he tries to destabilise Jon. 

3 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Maybe because it creates hype. The series is all about hype lately and it gives people something to talk about when there are no new episodes. Last year we had the "Jon Snow is really dead"  an now we need something else. I've got the feeling that HBO wants that people talk about GoT all-year round and not just during the 2-3 months when a new season is airing. Some newspapers talk about these things and publish GoT related articles nearly every week. Whenever a cast members or D&D says something it gets published, whenever there is a picture from the set it gets published. Even it cases where the stuff that gets published is not that important, it still gets published because it's about GoT. 

BTW if I'm not mistaken these pictures were not published by HBO, but by someone who secretly took a picture and leaked it. Similarly to the picture of Kit Harrington that was leaked last year. 

About Kit's picture. They said they didn't like that at all, so I don't think they leaked the pictures-

Well, last year's pic was truly bad for them, because it was actually from the episode where they were putting all the money.

3 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Well, If only! But I wouldn't bet it...

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Agree about X-Men Apocalypse. Well if they decide that characters go different ways that would be intersting. It would also make a stark re-union a bit bittersweet, because we might only get a few scenes of all Stark kids together, before they split again.

I agree with DutchArya about LF though I think he will remain in the North and plot against Jon. However, since he has mastered the technique of teleportation, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes from Winterfell to Kl and back to Winterfell within 2 episodes. 

53 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

About Kit's picture. They said they didn't like that at all, so I don't think they leaked the pictures-

Well, last year's pic was truly bad for them, because it was actually from the episode where they were putting all the money.

I doubt HBO leaked it and I doubt they leaked this year's pictures, but it still creates hype and gives people something to talk about when there are no new episodes and it makes people exited for the Season 7 which is a bit beneficial for HBO. Compared to last year they also gave a lot of things away in interviews the big battle, a posible Jon/Sansa feud, etc. Not sure of the latter thing will actually happen, but it leads to discussions. 

52 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well, If only! But I wouldn't bet it...

Imagine how the first meeting between Dany's and Jon's councils will go down. We'll probably get a Tyrion/Tormund scene in which they only talk about dicks . We might also get Tormund's reaction to Varys and another reminder of the fact that Varys in an eunuch just in case anyone had forgotten. There's also the possibility for a meeting between Tormund and the Hound in Season 7. 

11 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I doubt HBO leaked it and I doubt they leaked this year's pictures, but it still creates hype and gives people something to talk about when there are no new episodes and it makes people exited for the Season 7 which is a bit beneficial for HBO. Compared to last year they also gave a lot of things away in interviews the big battle, a posible Jon/Sansa feud, etc. Not sure of the latter thing will actually happen, but it leads to discussions. 

Imagine how the first meeting between Dany's and Jon's councils will go down. We'll probably get a Tyrion/Tormund scene in which they only talk about dicks . We might also get Tormund's reaction to Varys and another reminder of the fact that Varys in an eunuch just in case anyone had forgotten. There's also the possibility for a meeting between Tormund and the Hound in Season 7. 

:bang:

25 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I cringe inside just thinking about it: all characters come together and start throwing shade!:D

I agree with DutchArya about LF though I think he will remain in the North and plot against Jon. However, since he has mastered the technique of teleportation, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes from Winterfell to Kl and back to Winterfell within 2 episodes. 

I think anyone D&D need to move around will get to where they need to very quickly. It seems like they no longer care about travelling time and with only 13 eps left.... 

D&D confirmed that Jon will face struggles and judging by some production filming schedules, Dany won't go North in S7. Jon & Co. will be forced to go South once the Wall falls near the end of S7. Perhap they will meet in S8 near the Trident like many have predicted. 

2 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Dragonstone could be another option. They need dragon glass desperately. 

Jon is going to face turmoil as King and LF is going to be at the center of this discord. I doubt he is going anywhere until he tries to destabilise Jon. 

Maybe.

Maybe.

I said "possibly Littlefinger" might go to King's Landing.

If Jon and Sansa are smart, they'll put an end to Littleinger's ability to cause mischief, but it's possible they are foolish enough to allow it to continue.

And who knows, maybe it's all moot anyway.  Littlefinger might meet a VERY sudden end, if Sandor arrives in Winterfell and tells Jon how LF betrayed Ned Stark.  If that happens, Jon will execute LF within minutes, in my opinion, and this could all be moot.

10 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

I think anyone D&D need to move around will get to where they need to very quickly. It seems like they no longer care about travelling time and with only 13 eps left.... 

D&D confirmed that Jon will face struggles and judging by some production filming schedules, Dany won't go North in S7. Jon & Co. will be forced to go South once the Wall falls near the end of S7. Perhap they will meet in S8 near the Trident like many have predicted. 

That would be interesting.

The Northmen who once fought against Rhaegar in the Battle of the Trident are now led by his son to the Trident. I like that ;) .

4 minutes ago, Cron said:

Maybe.

Maybe.

If Jon and Sansa are smart, they'll put an end to Littleinger's ability to cause mischief, but it's possible they are foolish enough to allow it to continue.

And who knows, maybe it's all moot anyway.  Littlefinger might meet a VERY sudden end, if Sandor arrives in Winterfell and tells Jon how LF betrayed Ned Stark.  If that happens, Jon will execute LF within minutes, in my opinion, and this could all be moot.

Another possibility might be Bran. He seems to have bingewatched Westerosi history. So maybe he saw what role LF played in the downfall of house Stark. 

Agree about X-Men Apocalypse. Well if they decide that characters go different ways that would be intersting. It would also make a stark re-union a bit bittersweet, because we might only get a few scenes of all Stark kids together, before they split again.

I'm confident the Starks will split up again after a reunion.

I'm confident they will not just sit around Winterfell for all of Season 7, waiting for events to come to them.  Rathey, they'll be proactive, and go out into the world again to make events happen to other people.

1 minute ago, Cron said:

Maybe.

Maybe.

If it wraps that quickly, what was the point in keeping LF around? Or D&D talking up this relationship with Sansa? Sophie said her character would face the choice of to be a Stark or not. They made it clear that Jon will struggle and lose against manipulative, dishonorable and selfish men and women around him - Unless he continues to inspire people to join his cause and back him. This is going to be a season where Jon can really grow as a person, learn who he really is both literally (with his past) and how he faces the challenges ahead as King.  

33 minutes ago, Evarei said:
  Hide contents

yeah it's looking like Arya reaches Winterfell, but not sure about Bran.

btw we might or might not have the title for episode 4 (there's 'Episode 704' on the sheet).

The Big Tree

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cult-PDWEAAZgJ6.jpg:orig

Unless it's the title for a scene or something. Or just the working title for the ep.

It's more likely 701 which many people agree. It's very hard to read anyway.

Jeremy Podeswa is the director photographed with Kit. He is doing ep 1 & 2.

11 hours ago, DutchArya said:

If it wraps that quickly, what was the point in keeping LF around? Or D&D talking up this relationship with Sansa? Sophie said her character would face the choice of to be a Stark or not. They made it clear that Jon will struggle and lose against manipulative, dishonorable and selfish men and women around him - Unless he continues to inspire people to join his cause and back him. This is going to be a season where Jon can really grow as a person, learn who he really is both literally (with his past) and how he faces the challenges ahead as King.  

Regarding Littlefinger:  There are a number of characters who were around for a while...and then were suddenly gone.  "Suddenly gone" has shock value, which I'd say they seem to like on the show.

Far as references to things D&D and Sophie said go...those comments are VERY vague, at most.  You say they were "talking up this relationship with Sansa."   Frankly, that's so vague I'm not even sure what that means (I'm not saying I don't believe you, cuz I do believe you are giving your honest views, but without exact quotes language can be VERY slippery, and that doesn't even take into account the possibility of purposeful misdirection by D&D and/or Sophie)

Additionally, Sansa has already said "only a fool would trust Lilttlefinger."  She KNOWS him for what he is.  Why on Earth would she start some kind of romantic relationship with him???  Or any kind of closer relationship with him? She was about a centimeter away from telling Brienne to KILL him.  Does this sound like a budding relationship?  She almost had Brienne kill him, and says only a fool would trust him...hmmmm.  I'm not seeing much quality foundation there.

Just my opinions.

Archived