South Park: Member Season 20? [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

You know, I thought of a great way Parker and Stone could get Garrison out of the White House and return the show to the status quo.

Bring back Mr. Hat!

Reveal that Giant Douche is a manifestation of Mr. Hat's personality asserting itself through Garrison. Mr. Hat, a known racist bastard and KKK member, then shows up, only he's not Mr. Hat anymore, he's Mr. Hair and he takes over.

Garrison can then leave and go back to South Park as Parker and Stone intended after Hillary won the election but had to revise after the SNAFU election. They can then focus on South Park the town again, as they were going to any way this season, but don't have to feel like they've abandoned Garrison there in Washington. They can come back to that once and while as the feel like it and not needing to spend much time just acknowledge the latest seriously fucked up thing Mr. Hair is doing. Mr. Hair who is of course a puppet, so maybe reveal that now he's not on Mr. Garrison's hand any longer, he's on Putin's.

It just seems to fit so well to me.

11 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Now that you mention it, last season was pretty weak too, IMO.

So yeah, when was the last time it was funny?

I think the problem with last season was that the season-long didn't really sustain the show. I can see why they tried it again as it did work well the first time they tried it.

I think they've got a little too caught up in the themes of social media, trolling, safe space etc. They are important things to cover but South Park works better when they are jumping around parodying multiple things.

19 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Now that you mention it, last season was pretty weak too, IMO.

So yeah, when was the last time it was funny?

Season 19? The overarching pussy crushing politically correct theme was funny, and i remember enjoying the individual episode jokes (e.g. ninjas as muslims). 

21 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I just watched the episode where the boys try to get their money back from Mel Gibson after watching The Passion of the Christ and find out he is fucking insane. Now that is quality entertainment. 

This is America! And in America, if something sucks, you're supposed to be able to get your money back!

Strange coincidence.  Just watched Passion for the first time since college (when one of my friends cried and I never let him forget about it).  It sucks sober, Stan was right.  I miss those type of episodes.  I miss Terry Schiavo dying one day and Trey Parker being able to make a poignant episode about it the very next day.  But I learned something today - nobody cares, so I'll shut up now.  Still, new South Park sucks donkey balls.

13 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

See, that was waaaaay better. Though I think they did miss an easy joke. They should've have Mr. Garrison's tweets being posted at really irregular times.

They did that, with Tweek waking up Craig in the dead of the night. Tweek was simply awesome this episode. The opening scene alone was hillarious.

I agree with A True Kaniggit. I actualy enjoyed this episode. Not one of their best, but just plain old fun. Also a surprisingly sweet episode, I really like the whole decision of turning Tweek and Craig into a couple :) 

21 hours ago, Notone said:

They did that, with Tweek waking up Craig in the dead of the night. Tweek was simply awesome this episode. The opening scene alone was hillarious.

Tweek was the perfect character for this episode. North Korea sending a missile over Tweek's house in retaliation was hilarious. Though I kinda wish Tweeks plan at the ending would've been to get his own Twitter account and start a flame war with Garrison, instead of the song/dance number.

And I meant I thought they could've taken the tweet jokes a little further. As in the timing of every single tweet could've been listed between 1 am and  4am. And the one time they showed a two part tweet, there could've been a 17 minute gap.

Archived