South Park: Member Season 20? [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

Glad Kyle got to recycle his mum's campaign clothes from Mom's Against Canada. I really felt the MAC shirts were nice treat for old fans.

Times have changed our kids are getting worse, they won't obey their parents... A pity they failed to include that song.

1 hour ago, Notone said:

Glad Kyle got to recycle his mum's campaign clothes from Mom's Against Canada. I really felt the MAC shirts were nice treat for old fans.

Times have changed our kids are getting worse, they won't obey their parents... A pity they failed to include that song.

Also, the "Minister of Canadian Streaming" guy ("Let me finish! Let me FINISH! Ok, I'm finished.") was the Canadian Prime Minister in Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.

I'm betting "Blame Canada" is going to show up in the season finale.

• 9 months later...

I liked it. I thought it was an interesting way to approach school shootings in terms of they happy so often it seems people are becoming desensitised. The black panther thing worked for me too especially the "white people assuming black people must have watched it" side. Plus the other marvel dig which was cartman as Jessica Jones (which took me a couple of scenes to catch) - although if they'd wanting to mock that fully they should have stretched the gag over the whole season.

• 2 months later...

Parker and Stone obviously want to move on to other things but at the same time can't stop putting out quality episodes among more hit and miss ones.

IMHO, the show jumped the shark with "You're Getting Old" that would have been the perfect series finale. There were some truly great episodes after that, but I think the chance was lost to put the best possible cap on the entire series.

If South Park had ended back then, who knows? Maybe with the reboot craze going on South Park could come have come back completely refreshed with a few new episodes here and there instead of feeling so tired and hashtagging for cancellation.

9 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Parker and Stone obviously want to move on to other things but at the same time can't stop putting out quality episodes among more hit and miss ones.

IMHO, the show jumped the shark with "You're Getting Old" that would have been the perfect series finale. There were some truly great episodes after that, but I think the chance was lost to put the best possible cap on the entire series.

If South Park had ended back then, who knows? Maybe with the reboot craze going on South Park could come have come back completely refreshed with a few new episodes here and there instead of feeling so tired and hashtagging for cancellation.

And that episode just happens to be showing on Comedy Central as I read your post. Do you control the world?

Hmmm. That episode is already 7 years old. It may have been a good series finale, but then what would you be using for your avatar right now? It sure wouldn't be a Member Berry. And that's a reality I don't want to live in.

20 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

IMHO, the show jumped the shark with "You're Getting Old" that would have been the perfect series finale.

Agreed - it should have ended with that two-parter, including a different ending for "Assburgers."  My only hesitation about this is only two episodes later was the hilarious "Bass to Mouth."  Quickly looking over the episodes since, none are close to as good as those three except maybe "Taming Strange."  And that's only because the Ike storyline was so great ("Well then why did my wife queef in my face?!?").

As for this season, I agree it was marginally better than the past few efforts.  But there were still some really bad ones - I had to turn off the "Buddha Box" episode a few weeks because it was so annoying (it was also one of those episodes where their "social commentary" is just fundamentally wrong, like the one on the TV writer's strike).

11 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

And that episode just happens to be showing on Comedy Central as I read your post. Do you control the world?

Hmmm. That episode is already 7 years old. It may have been a good series finale, but then what would you be using for your avatar right now? It sure wouldn't be a Member Berry. And that's a reality I don't want to live in.

I am the God Of Incidental Coincidences.

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

Agreed - it should have ended with that two-parter, including a different ending for "Assburgers."  My only hesitation about this is only two episodes later was the hilarious "Bass to Mouth."  Quickly looking over the episodes since, none are close to as good as those three except maybe "Taming Strange."  And that's only because the Ike storyline was so great ("Well then why did my wife queef in my face?!?").

As for this season, I agree it was marginally better than the past few efforts.  But there were still some really bad ones - I had to turn off the "Buddha Box" episode a few weeks because it was so annoying (it was also one of those episodes where their "social commentary" is just fundamentally wrong, like the one on the TV writer's strike).

The virtual reality episode "Grounded Vindaloop" is one of my absolute favorites. Then there's the Black Friday/Game of Thrones trilogy which was awesome. And as the pixelated penguin pointed out, I loved the introduction of the member berries, the scene where they sing Toto's "Africa" one of my favorite individual moments.

I'm very happy those episodes exist but like a said,  "You're Getting Older" seemed like the moment, a moment that seems gone now, of what the series finale deserved to be. A mic drop way of ending the series.

10 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

The virtual reality episode "Grounded Vindaloop" is one of my absolute favorites.

Oh, good call, that one was great.  Didn't recognize it skimming titles.  Thought the Black Friday trilogy was very underwhelming, and while I enjoyed the concept of the member berries there was no one episode they were in that was that good.  I mean, Garrison as Trump is also a great concept (comedically), but I'd be fine if that never existed either. 

Like you said though, that woulda been the perfect moment to sign off.  I liked how in the latest episode the boys said something like "man everything's getting canceled but we can't even do that.  Are we supposed to just keep making asses out of ourselves?"  And yep, "You're Getting Older" was clearly the point where Trey said I'm just a cynical asshole now and don't give a shit.  

You can't be cereal.

I think the season was pretty good or at least solid.

There was maybe no stand out episode, but imho there wasn't a real stinker either. Well, maybe with the exception of the Mr Hanky ep, but even that one had its moments.

Archived