South Park: Member Season 20? [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

I just enjoy the hell out of this show. It sure wasn't the greatest thing they ever made, but even now, with all the years ths show has been on they can manage to make me laugh. Curious to see what comes next! 

I wonder if they'll go back to giving themselves six days to make each episode. Seems like a lot of self induced stress when they could just pop out episodes whenever they have an good idea. 

Given their penchant for self-referential humor/criticism, I do wonder what the future holds based on the breaking up of the "bro-ship."  Granted, they've done stuff like this before ("You're Getting Old"), but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something different than the weekly grind.

• 8 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, DMC said:

Given their penchant for self-referential humor/criticism, I do wonder what the future holds based on the breaking up of the "bro-ship."  Granted, they've done stuff like this before ("You're Getting Old"), but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something different than the weekly grind.

It's like they read your comment and then wrote the story, but combined it all together.  The Future, breaking up, and getting old.

It was pretty funny.  Seeing the grown up versions of all the whole gallery of characters was great. 

I haven't watched it yet, but this is a time travel thing right? Like they're gonna go back in time and make it so this is not the future for the show? Seems really limiting and a little depressing otherwise.

27 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I haven't watched it yet, but this is a time travel thing right? Like they're gonna go back in time and make it so this is not the future for the show? Seems really limiting and a little depressing otherwise.

Well..  

Spoiler

yes and no?  It appears that way but seems to not work, and Kenny was killed some time after he got back from the past.  Looks like he did the wrong thing in the past and didn't change anything.  Probably will circle around to that by the end of the season I guess. 

25 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Spoiler

At first it just seemed like it was just a jump forward like The Simpsons do sometimes (Simpsons did it!). But then it turned out there was time travel. This special seems to set up the next Paramount+ special where time travel will be a bigger part. 

I went and signed up for the free month of Paramount+ I'll cancel when the month is up. It is pretty sad how little Paramount+ has to offer. I guess I'll watch all of Star Trek Picard while I have it. Maybe some Discovery.

I don't know what I'll do when the other specials release. It's my understanding there are going to be a series of Paramount+ specials while still new seasons of episodes will be made for Comedy Central/HBOmax.

As for this special, I really liked it. I thought what they did with Cartman was brilliant! Loved how Kenny was used. 

Spoiler

Was totally surprised with the reveal of who Victor was. I thought that was great misdirection with the name pronunciation!

Thought the Beverly Hills Cop parody with "Stir It Up" was so great and fit so perfect!

12 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I went and signed up for the free month of Paramount+ I'll cancel when the month is up. It is pretty sad how little Paramount+ has to offer. I guess I'll watch all of Star Trek Picard while I have it. Maybe some Discovery.

Just a heads up, The Lower Decks is much better than those two shows.

17 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Well..  

Hide contents

yes and no?  It appears that way but seems to not work, and Kenny was killed some time after he got back from the past.  Looks like he did the wrong thing in the past and didn't change anything.  Probably will circle around to that by the end of the season I guess. 

Spoiler

So they're riffing on Infinity War/Endgame in a way?

Paramount+ also has The Good Fight...just saying...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Caught the last half or so of the 25th anniversary concert at Red Rocks.  It was pretty fun, they had Primus and Ween there and people in giant costumes for the lemmiwinks characters (e.g. Catatafish, Sparrow prince).  I also read the two living members of Rush reunited with Stone on drums as a surprise for the latter, but I didn't see it.  The encore was, of course, America, Fuck Yeah.  Fuck yeah chicken nuggets!

Archived