Jump to content

South Park: Member Season 20? [SPOILERS]


Veltigar
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just enjoy the hell out of this show. It sure wasn't the greatest thing they ever made, but even now, with all the years ths show has been on they can manage to make me laugh. Curious to see what comes next! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given their penchant for self-referential humor/criticism, I do wonder what the future holds based on the breaking up of the "bro-ship."  Granted, they've done stuff like this before ("You're Getting Old"), but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something different than the weekly grind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, DMC said:

Given their penchant for self-referential humor/criticism, I do wonder what the future holds based on the breaking up of the "bro-ship."  Granted, they've done stuff like this before ("You're Getting Old"), but I wouldn't be surprised if they do something different than the weekly grind.

It's like they read your comment and then wrote the story, but combined it all together.  The Future, breaking up, and getting old.

It was pretty funny.  Seeing the grown up versions of all the whole gallery of characters was great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I haven't watched it yet, but this is a time travel thing right? Like they're gonna go back in time and make it so this is not the future for the show? Seems really limiting and a little depressing otherwise.

Well..  

Spoiler

yes and no?  It appears that way but seems to not work, and Kenny was killed some time after he got back from the past.  Looks like he did the wrong thing in the past and didn't change anything.  Probably will circle around to that by the end of the season I guess. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I haven't watched it yet, but this is a time travel thing right? Like they're gonna go back in time and make it so this is not the future for the show? Seems really limiting and a little depressing otherwise.

 

Spoiler

At first it just seemed like it was just a jump forward like The Simpsons do sometimes (Simpsons did it!). But then it turned out there was time travel. This special seems to set up the next Paramount+ special where time travel will be a bigger part. 

I went and signed up for the free month of Paramount+ I'll cancel when the month is up. It is pretty sad how little Paramount+ has to offer. I guess I'll watch all of Star Trek Picard while I have it. Maybe some Discovery.

I don't know what I'll do when the other specials release. It's my understanding there are going to be a series of Paramount+ specials while still new seasons of episodes will be made for Comedy Central/HBOmax.

 

As for this special, I really liked it. I thought what they did with Cartman was brilliant! Loved how Kenny was used. 

Spoiler

Was totally surprised with the reveal of who Victor was. I thought that was great misdirection with the name pronunciation!

 

Thought the Beverly Hills Cop parody with "Stir It Up" was so great and fit so perfect!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I went and signed up for the free month of Paramount+ I'll cancel when the month is up. It is pretty sad how little Paramount+ has to offer. I guess I'll watch all of Star Trek Picard while I have it. Maybe some Discovery.

 

Just a heads up, The Lower Decks is much better than those two shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Well..  

  Hide contents

yes and no?  It appears that way but seems to not work, and Kenny was killed some time after he got back from the past.  Looks like he did the wrong thing in the past and didn't change anything.  Probably will circle around to that by the end of the season I guess. 

 

Spoiler

So they're riffing on Infinity War/Endgame in a way?

Paramount+ also has The Good Fight...just saying...

Edited by Jaxom 1974
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Caught the last half or so of the 25th anniversary concert at Red Rocks.  It was pretty fun, they had Primus and Ween there and people in giant costumes for the lemmiwinks characters (e.g. Catatafish, Sparrow prince).  I also read the two living members of Rush reunited with Stone on drums as a surprise for the latter, but I didn't see it.  The encore was, of course, America, Fuck Yeah.  Fuck yeah chicken nuggets!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...