TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

4 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings Ladies...and ab ;) ...here's hoping all is happening according to your desires this lovely <insert appropriate time-period, for the line of longitude you currently dwell upon>...i am your humble servant offering a selection of soothing sounds to wrap you in a stress-free cloud of ....

smoke...

:smoking:

sorry, but i yam wot i yam

assorted

lewdness

http://i.imgur.com/THaPEut.gif

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

What are 2016 boots like? I am not at all up to fashion.

Painful. Heels are sky high, in worst case pin with no platform. Chunky heels are coming back though which is great, but they are usually still way too high. I usually opt for flat boots, but there are certain occasions when you just have to wear heels and it's a torture. And in 6th grade I couldn't wait to wear heels... Sweet summer child. 

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Painful. Heels are sky high, in worst case pin with no platform. Chunky heels are coming back though which is great, but they are usually still way too high. I usually opt for flat boots, but there are certain occasions when you just have to wear heels and it's a torture. And in 6th grade I couldn't wait to wear heels... Sweet summer child. 

I always wondered how women are able to walk around with high heels. Seriously.

I should get a new pair of Doc Martens with steel toes. :idea:

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Heels are the best, but then so are flip flops after you've been wearing heels for over a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, King Tyrion I said:

I gave up on my DM's, they always seem to split where the toe bends far more early than is reasonable, There are other much more durable and cheaper boots.

Women have a high pain tolerance level. It is known :D 

40 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Heels are the best, but then so are flip flops after you've been wearing heels for over a couple of hours.

Yeah so many people say the best feeling in the world is taking off your bra at the end of the day. Bullshit. :bs: Taking off your heels after wearing them for 3+ hours is the best feeling in the world. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I never wear heels. The highest heels I have are on my graduation ball shoes, and they are not especially high either. There is no occasion where you have to wear heels. ;)

Me too, and I am a woman ...

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Women have a high pain tolerance level. It is known :D 

Yeah so many people say the best feeling in the world is taking off your bra at the end of the day. Bullshit. :bs: Taking off your heels after wearing them for 3+ hours is the best feeling in the world. 

Have you ever worn skiing shoes? :stillsick:

25 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I never wear heels. The highest heels I have are on my graduation ball shoes, and they are not especially high either. There is no occasion where you have to wear heels. ;)

Me too, and I am a woman ...

Have you ever worn skiing shoes? :stillsick:

Sure, there's no occasion on which you have to wear a suit or tie either.. 

Yes, and I would rather spend 8 hours in skiing shoes than in stilettos. 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I have to wear a black suit, a white shirt and a black bow tie when I sing. And yes, it's bow tie. Not tie in general.

48 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I gave up on my DM's, they always seem to split where the toe bends far more early than is reasonable, There are other much more durable and cheaper boots.

I don't have that problem, fortunately.

9 minutes ago, King Tyrion I said:

I have to wear a black suit, a white shirt and a black bow tie when I sing. And yes, it's bow tie. Not tie in general.

I don't have that problem, fortunately.

I know. What I meant was that while there's admittedly no formal wear police who will take you if you wear converse and jeans to the opera, you are still kinda expected to wear heels/tie+suit, even though you don't have to, like you have to not park in the middle of the high way. 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I know. What I meant was that while there's admittedly no formal wear police who will take you if you wear converse and jeans to the opera, you are still kinda expected to wear heels/tie+suit, even though you don't have to, like you have to not park in the middle of the high way. 

Seconded.

It was quite funny when I went to see the other choir perform Mozart's "Requiem". There was a member of my choir who supported the tenors - and I did of course recognize him. Not only because I know him from my choir but he wore a black bow tie whereas the other tenors wore a grey tie.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Fair enough, I must admit I never even tried stilettoes.

48 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

You are quite fine wearing flat shoes and looking formal enough for the opera or another formal occasion. You have to look formal, but that does not mean wear high heels. High heels can be painful to wear, while it is not hurting to wear formal pants and a jacket.

46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Fair enough, I must admit I never even tried stilettoes.

You are quite fine wearing flat shoes and looking formal enough for the opera or another formal occasion. You have to look formal, but that does not mean wear high heels. High heels can be painful to wear, while it is not hurting to wear formal pants and a jacket.

I do recommend trying stilettos at least once, for the experience. And I also recommend wearing a dark suit in 35+C heat in summer before we rush to suggest that male formal wear is comfortable. I'm convinced the guys had it worse during our end of June thesis defense even though I was the one in stilettos. 

Archived