US elections 2016 - "Go ahead, throw your vote away"

IheartIheartTesla

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'll be interested in what the reaction to any and all allies will be...while it technically means nothing, would Japan come out and say, "We're with her."

Bad optics right there. Trump would crow and crow about foreign influence on elections or something or other and while it might make him look like a hypocrite, has that ever stopped Trump before?

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I dunno, I've not been the biggest Clinton fan this election, but I think she did fairly well; she was composed, cool, and had a lot of specific answers, especially next to the Donald. I think she could work on being more expressive with her face, though. 

I thought her facial expressions were just fine.  I mean, not one well deserved eyeroll! :rolleyes:

Not one!   Me however, many many eyerolls. :rolleyes::rolleyes:  Bigly eyerolls!    :rolleyes::rolleyes:  My eyerolls were the winningest eyerolls evah!    :lol:

Just now, Durckad said:

Bad optics right there. Trump would crow and crow about foreign influence on elections or something or other and while it might make him look like a hypocrite, has that ever stopped Trump before?

It is.  And I'm not suggesting they would. But it would still be interesting if the world as a whole starting talking about not wanting Trump...

Oh, and as an aside, Chris Christie remains a huge idiot.  Can someone just indict him already so he'll stop stumping for Trump...

9 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I thought Trump had a very good start but then came apart and looked terrible and Clinton was very solid.

Hardcore Trumpers won't be swayed, of course, but for that small % of undecideds I would be shocked if this didn't move things in Clinton's direction.

Agreed. I was getting really squirmy for the first half hour or so. He really managed to seem reasonable and measured in the early going. I hope these next two debates are hour and a half affairs. The longer he has to pass gas, the worse he smells.

2 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

That was a huge embarrassment for Trump. He was completely incoherent on foreign policy. And he was trying to attack Clinton on stamina, but the comparison was awful for him. He looked like a tired old man, and Clinton looked alert and ready to debate a few more hours.

Well he seemed to have one thing going for him

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Agreed. I was getting really squirmy for the first half hour or so. He really managed to seem reasonable and measured in the early going. I hope these next two debates are hour and a half affairs. The longer he has to pass gas, the worse he smells.

TRUMP GAS IS THE BEST GAS. IT'S YUGE!

Btw, does anyone else want the inevitable Trump movie autobiography to be written by David Milch? Sweet Sejenus, the monologues would be magnificent.

22 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'll be interested in what the reaction to any and all allies will be...while it technically means nothing, would Japan come out and say, "We're with her."

No, they won't get involved in our election if they have any sense.  Nobody is going to vote for Clinton because Japan or another country endorsed Clinton, so there's virtually no upside in making the endorsement.  On there other hand, there's still a chance that Trump will win, and if that happens, they don't want to be on record as supporting the losing side.

This is why Mexico let Trump give a speech down there and shake some hands even though he has deeply insulted the entire country.  Not much for them to gain by choosing sides if they can't influence the election.

15 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

This is why Mexico let Trump give a speech down there and shake some hands even though he has deeply insulted the entire country.  Not much for them to gain by choosing sides if they can't influence the election.

By all accounts, that was just a blunder that also involved some bad timing and Hillary not going. Didn't heads roll cause of it? 

And it was back when Trump was deeper in his post convention slump too iirc. 

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

I thought Trump had a very good start but then came apart and looked terrible and Clinton was very solid.

Hardcore Trumpers won't be swayed, of course, but for that small % of undecideds I would be shocked if this didn't move things in Clinton's direction.

WSJ poll apparently indicates that about 1/3 of voters think the debates will or can influence their vote. That's actually quite a large number of voters and certainly large enough to completely affect the outcome of the election. I wonder if that figure is accurate though. Still I think if up until now you've been a lean trump voter, and you've maintained reasonable knowledge of the campaigns so far, you are probably still lean Trump. Likewise if you are lean Clinton you'll still be lean Clinton. The question is how many people are genuinely on the fence? I think you are probably right that true fence sitters are probably more likely to favour Clinton but are they off the fence? 

Archived