Reforming police, the Blue Wall of Silence

Ser Scot A Ellison

6 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Why are you so happy to believe the murderer or his allies?  He shot a child who was unarmed and who was defending his mother from attack.  At this point I have zero reason to not believe eyewitnesses.  

totally, we should blindly accept the account of the family member of the victim deputy

they have no reason to lie.

There was a good point before all the nonsense started that even if the officer was genuinely in a position where he had no option, or felt he had no option, but to shoot, that in a courtroom is a critical failure of the whole process and something has to change. If the security in a place like that is such that an officer can't deal with defendants and their families without killing them, then something is seriously wrong.

http://wric.com/2018/01/18/ohio-teen-shot-killed-by-officer-in-juvenile-court/

“Joseph was a little out of sorts because of how things went at the hearing,” Brisco told the paper. “The officer threatened to lock him up and a scuffle broke out. Joseph was resisting, and that’s when there was a scuffle.”

This is what the boy's own lawyer says....  It seems that the boy attacked him, he, the deputy, fell to the ground...and the juvenile...who was there on a gun charge was killed.  It may be that the rest of his family was trying to stop the attack, but not sure the deputy would have known that if he's on the ground.

This may be an example of why LE need more and better training...but I can just about guarantee this will be ruled justified. 

Oh look, another account that confirms the pig attacked first and for some reason the child isn't allowed to defend himself. But we can't believe the account because pigs are the only ones who matter.

As far as ruling this justified, this is zero surprise.  Murderous cops being brought to justice is the exception, not the rule.

49 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Oh look, another account that confirms the pig attacked first and for some reason the child isn't allowed to defend himself. But we can't believe the account because pigs are the only ones who matter.

As far as ruling this justified, this is zero surprise.  Murderous cops being brought to justice is the exception, not the rule.

It's not very subtle the way you've started yelling PIG PIG PIG since you realised BFC is a cop to try to get a rise out of him. I know you get frustrated on this board coz people here aren't easy to bully, but you're slipping here.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yes, and in anticipation of your inevitable progression from asking a woman who tells you that you're wrong if she's crazy, the answer to 'are you a bitch, cunt, nasty woman, etc" is going to be yes as well.  

Go away and do your pig shit where you celebrate pigs murdering children.

Well that rant just proved me wrong, very rational.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

:lol:

"but, but, but Pepper, we have to be kind and gentle with the nazi's, rapists, murderers and all those who support them. they might call you a bully if you are even the slightest bit firm"

I have to say that these past two days have made me incredibly baffled at the fact that so many of you place such high value on my opinion.

"But polish, this board is entirely full of people who don't agree with me precisely on every single subject and those people can only possibly be supporting rape and murder because the world isn't complicated and I can totally handle being wrong, honest!"

It's not that we place an especially high value on your opinion (though as I said the other day, I admire, in principle at least, your moral stands, and agree with many of them). It's that you quite deliberately make as many topics as possible about attacking anyone who doesn't have the exact same one as you, so it becomes impossible to avoid reacting to it.

Just now, polishgenius said:

"But polish, this board is entirely full of people who don't agree with me precisely on every single subject and those people can only possibly be supporting rape and murder because the world isn't complicated and I can totally handle being wrong, honest!"

Calling out a handful of people, if that many, is hardly saying that the board is 'full of people' who are shitbags.  There are thousands here.  Four or five is barely a rounding error.  

I'm also wrong all the time.  But I know without any doubt that I'm not wrong about things like rape or child murder being bad.  I think even you might agree with those things.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Calling out a handful of people, if that many, is hardly saying that the board is 'full of people' who are shitbags.  There are thousands here.  Four or five is barely a rounding error.  

And calling you out for being a narcissistic bully who can't handle even the slightest disagreement is hardly saying that we should be nice to nazis, murderers and child rapists.

Courthouse video

NOTE:  this is video from the hallway outside the courtroom where the shooting occurred, and from after the incident.  So, not graphic, but also not particularly helpful.  

Really its only interesting because of what it isn't, namely, actual video of the circumstances of the shooting.  Which I'm starting to doubt even exists.  

10 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I've not been nice to nazis, rapists, child murderers or their supporters.  You say that's bullying. 

No, what I say is bullying is you deciding that people who very obviously aren't nazis, rapists, child murderers or their supporters are those things because they disagreed with you on minor points of how things should be approached or how clear some evidence is and then lie and try to gaslight the whole board into believing they are those things by pretending they said things they never said and responding to arguments they never made.

I used to try to ignore you, but that proved impossible because there were so many topics I couldn't engage in because, oh look, you've made them about yourself again.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yes, and in anticipation of your inevitable progression from asking a woman who tells you that you're wrong if she's crazy, the answer to 'are you a bitch, cunt, nasty woman, etc" is going to be yes as well.  

Go away and do your pig shit where you celebrate pigs murdering children.

Cuz we all know women can't be crazy only men can, any person who calls any woman crazy for any reason is immediately a misogynist. (This is what you are doing to everyone else. Yes, you are bully.)

Dr. P, look I like you, you frustrate the hell out of me, but some of your arguments in the past have actually if not turned me around on some issues, at least opened my eyes (more). But salient points just don't balance out the bullying and name calling. Since Thursday you've just been going off the deep end. You can not give a damn about me or anyone else on this board, fine, because in the grand scheme of things you and anyone else can get by without it, but you also can take a place that's been a positive for many people and stop sabotaging it and still (and more effectively) get your arguments and opinions to resonate.

Mods: I am very sorry for going off topic. I am trying to be as polite as I can to a member who I really do think has potential to be a good thing here and if at all positive my message gets across than maybe so many other topics won't be FUBAR so bad you have to keep stepping in (which you've been right to do).

27 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It's not that we place an especially high value on your opinion (though as I said the other day, I admire, in principle at least, your moral stands, and agree with many of them). It's that you quite deliberately make as many topics as possible about attacking anyone who doesn't have the exact same one as you, so it becomes impossible to avoid reacting to it.

If you find it impossible to avoid my opinion, that's on you.  Many of you obviously place a very high value on my opinion (which is ridiculous, btw, as I very rarely make any in depth analysis of things these days and instead just jump in with very generic and seemingly non-controversial opinions like "transphobia bad, child murderers aren't good, nazis are shit and so on sprinkled with a bit of 'hey if you don't want to be bad then don't do that thing').  I post in dozens of threads, a small handful have turned into these dragged out things.  Two times in as many days has been your choice and you continued even after I gave you outs and said I didn't want to play your game.  

There's nothing mysterious about my opinions.  I have a pretty consistent opinion on things.  It's like you and a handful of others deliberately decide "hey, I totally know pepper hates child murderers and she's probably going to mention it but I just can't stand the idea of not responding to her and I'm going to make it seem like my choice is really her fault."

2 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

Cuz we all know women can't be crazy only men can, any person who calls any woman crazy for any reason is immediately a misogynist. (This is what you are doing to everyone else. Yes, you are bully.)

Dr. P, look I like you, you frustrate the hell out of me, but some of your arguments in the past have actually if not turned me around on some issues, at least opened my eyes (more). But salient points just don't balance out the bullying and name calling. Since Thursday you've just been going off the deep end. You can not give a damn about me or anyone else on this board, fine, because in the grand scheme of things you and anyone else can get by without it, but you also can take a place that's been a positive for many people and stop sabotaging it and still (and more effectively) get your arguments and opinions to resonate.

Mods: I am very sorry for going off topic. I am trying to be as polite as I can to a member who I really do think has potential to be a good thing here and if at all positive my message gets across than maybe so many other topics won't be FUBAR so bad you have to keep stepping in (which you've been right to do).

Sure, women can be crazy.  The thing is that it's a pretty common tactic by men to resort to calling a woman crazy when that woman says they're wrong (or irrational, which the fat coward did, or hysterical or bitch or cunt).

This place has been a positive for me, too.  I've spent years here, first discussing a book series I liked and then moving to other topics when that book series failed.  I find the analysis of things from about a dozen people to be very helpful and informative.  I like seeing what things people are watching and talking about tv shows.  I don't contribute anything of particular value.  Yet sometimes I'll say something completely uncontroversial and it will set off a chain reaction.  Like two days ago where I said supporting known rapists is wrong, or after that where I slammed transphobia and a comedian who perpetuated it.  I had zero reason to believe that there would be such a bizarre response to these seemingly uncontroversial things, just like I had zero reason to believe that anger at child murderers would be a problem.  I didn't even expect a response to these things, because it's just random comments. 

The issue as I see it as that many of you seem to be friends off the forum and that seems to blind some of you when someone you know is confronted by someone who disagrees with them.  It's like a knee jerk reaction and then you'll follow me around and try to fight with me about every little thing I say, especially the non-controversial things, perhaps because you think it's noble to stick up for your friends.  This is my guess.  After a few days it wears off and then you move on.  

As for the topic, it becomes even more infuriating with each passing day.  It's clear that unarmed people, especially children, shouldn't be murdered and even clearer that police need better training.  Everyone, even the one who has excused this particular murder, seems to agree with that.  

Archived