Reforming police, the Blue Wall of Silence

Ser Scot A Ellison

18 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I very rarely make any in depth analysis of things these days and instead just jump in with very generic and seemingly non-controversial opinions like "transphobia bad, child murderers aren't good, nazis are shit and so on sprinkled with a bit of 'hey if you don't want to be bad then don't do that thing'). 

The problem is you seem to think you get to define what those things are, you don't.  

10 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

The issue as I see it as that many of you seem to be friends off the forum and that seems to blind some of you when someone you know is confronted by someone who disagrees with them. 

None of the people in this thread are my IRL friends, and the ones who are my IRL friends are so because they are the sort who would 'call bullshit' when they disagree with me.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Oh look, another account that confirms the pig attacked first and for some reason the child isn't allowed to defend himself. But we can't believe the account because pigs are the only ones who matter.

As far as ruling this justified, this is zero surprise.  Murderous cops being brought to justice is the exception, not the rule.

Who here has said that only police accounts of what happened matter?

The personal insults against BFC in this thread are disgraceful, and the poster concerned should be ashamed imho.

As a Brit, the eagerness some US cops seem to have for blasting away is outrageous to me.

that said, in this case it may have been justified if the cop was being attacked and on the ground.  Without further evidence either way, I'm perplexed why some posters are so eager to shout murder.  I hope there's video evidence from inside the courtroom.

Given the close-quarters nature of the fight, cross-contamination would make pepper spray as much a liability as help, as it could take out the cop; potentially it could be even worse as some people are unaffected.

Tazers. If someone is making physical contact with you, shooting them with electricity is not going to end well for you.

US police really need to learn communication skills. I spent 8 years as a volunteer cop in Glasgow, working occasional Saturday nights in the city centre and mostly in some of the worst southside areas, and I never had to draw a baton or CS spray in anger.

Archived