NFL 2016 Week 3/4: The Darkness Peers Back

Jace, Extat

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I'd say the same thing. The Donkeys have more star power than you guys, but it seems to me you guys are solid at every position. It's kind of amazing to think that this team may actually have been improved due to injury (on the offensive side anyway). Bradford to Diggs is looking like a top notch connection, and the two backs spelling AP seem to provide a nice change of pace. I fully expect your boys to make a deep playoff run. What with the Seachickens and the Cardinals looking flawed, you guys just might be the class of the NFC.

I don't want to take a damn thing away from the Vikings defense because I love good defenses and right now the beating the Vikings are putting on teams is a treat.  But please tell me what position Denver isn't solid at?  The best pass rush in the game; the possible Joe Thomas trade last year hung up because the Browns wanted Shaq Barrett who is forth on the depth chart when Ware is healthy.  The Secondary has Harris(possible the best corner in the game), Talib (top, what?, six or seven and a major ball hawk), and TJ Ward who is a well deserved pro-bowler on his own.

So interior line is perhaps the weakness but still has Wolfe, a borderline pro-bowler.  Sly Williams is solid and thus far Crick has been a huge positive surprise. 

Oh, and losing Travethan has not seemed to matter one bit.  Marshall and Davis are quietly doing their duty each game; getting no accolades but never in the other team's highlight reel.

The Bengals thought they had found a weakness in the run game and exploited it for a total of one drive; a single 50 yard run boosted their average from the 3ypc they otherwise got out of it.  And Denver seems to get better as the game goes on; opposing teams O-lines are shot by the forth quarter.

4 hours ago, Rockroi said:

I know its early but the Pats are, in my mind, playing with house money right now, and I think Broncos-Pats will be a great game and where its played will be a huge, huge advantage.  

Agreed.  I know damn well home field advantage was a major, MAJOR part of the Superbowl run last year. 

43 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jesus. This game is like France vs Italy circa WW2. No defense to be found on either side.

funnily enough, when the two actually fought, nothing happened. Mostly because it was ill prepared offensive so that Mussolini could say he did something that was attacking over the Alps.

13 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I don't want to take a damn thing away from the Vikings defense because I love good defenses and right now the beating the Vikings are putting on teams is a treat.  But please tell me what position Denver isn't solid at?  The best pass rush in the game; the possible Joe Thomas trade last year hung up because the Browns wanted Shaq Barrett who is forth on the depth chart when Ware is healthy.  The Secondary has Harris(possible the best corner in the game), Talib (top, what?, six or seven and a major ball hawk), and TJ Ward who is a well deserved pro-bowler on his own.

So interior line is perhaps the weakness but still has Wolfe, a borderline pro-bowler.  Sly Williams is solid and thus far Crick has been a huge positive surprise. 

Oh, and losing Travethan has not seemed to matter one bit.  Marshall and Davis are quietly doing their duty each game; getting no accolades but never in the other team's highlight reel.

The Bengals thought they had found a weakness in the run game and exploited it for a total of one drive; a single 50 yard run boosted their average from the 3ypc they otherwise got out of it.  And Denver seems to get better as the game goes on; opposing teams O-lines are shot by the forth quarter.

Agreed.  I know damn well home field advantage was a major, MAJOR part of the Superbowl run last year. 

Hold on... the Browns wanted Shaq Barrett!?! That's news to me! And Elway hung up on them? Good for him.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

The ol' "that's not my coke!" line. Classic move Greg Hardy, classic.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/27/greg-hardy-caught-with-cocaine-claims-its-not-his/

The hallway outside the dude's apartment always reeked of weed when he lived in my building.  Not exactly surprised by this.

Not going to judge him for smoking weed or doing coke, though.  I've done both.  But I don't have a multi-million dollar NFL career on the line and never get drug tested at work, so it's a bit different I guess.

23 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I'd say the same thing. The Donkeys have more star power than you guys, but it seems to me you guys are solid at every position. It's kind of amazing to think that this team may actually have been improved due to injury (on the offensive side anyway). Bradford to Diggs is looking like a top notch connection, and the two backs spelling AP seem to provide a nice change of pace. I fully expect your boys to make a deep playoff run. What with the Seachickens and the Cardinals looking flawed, you guys just might be the class of the NFC.

But how much of that star power is retroactive? I feel like they had two stars in Miller and Ware. Maybe Talib too. Now that's not to say they don't have other great players, but how many of them are house hold names? Just look at the Seahawks. Before they won the SB, how many guys do you think the average fan could name? Now a lot of people can name half their starting D. I think the Vikings have one star in H. Smith, but if they make a deep playoff run, there are several guys on our D that could become household names. That's just how it works. 

23 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I heard none of that talk from my friends who are Jets fans, so I think we're looking at double-digit INTs, with at least two pick-sixes, before we'll see that.

He almost did that though. Between that game and the final game from last season, I would have thought there would have been more clamor for Geno.

Didn't he get a perfect QB rating the last time he started? 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

But how much of that star power is retroactive? I feel like they had two stars in Miller and Ware. Maybe Talib too. Now that's not to say they don't have other great players, but how many of them are house hold names? Just look at the Seahawks. Before they won the SB, how many guys do you think the average fan could name? Now a lot of people can name half their starting D. I think the Vikings have one star in H. Smith, but if they make a deep playoff run, there are several guys on our D that could become household names. That's just how it works. 

Sure, I get that. That said, I bet Kendricks and Griffen are household names before the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

JJ Watt has re-injured his back and is probably out for the rest of the season:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17655910/jj-watt-houston-texans-likely-headed-ir-reinjuring-back

The AFC South is going to be won by a 7-9 team.

#thestruggleisreal

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Looks like that fucking moron Josh Gordan is entering rehab. Only one reason for that, he's gonna fail another drug test. This guy's career is done, what a loser.

Hey, have some sympathy. The guy hit rock bottom. He woke up one morning in a Browns uniform. Do you have any idea what that's like? 

27 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Forcing Phil Simms on the public twice a week should be a crime against humanity. 

I like Phil Simms crediting the Bengals for smartly "getting rid of the ball quickly" on a 3rd and 3 play that didn't get the first down. Genius. 

Archived