Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, divica said:

is it the final season?

Sort of. The show was renewed for Seasons 6 and 7 simultaneously, but each season is half the length of the previous ones.

It's unclear if there's going to be a further season, but the fact that the new Ghost Rider show is apparently completely ignoring the Agents of SHIELD version of the character (despite using the same actor!) suggests the Marvel might be starting to write the show off.

33 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Sort of. The show was renewed for Seasons 6 and 7 simultaneously, but each season is half the length of the previous ones.

It's unclear if there's going to be a further season, but the fact that the new Ghost Rider show is apparently completely ignoring the Agents of SHIELD version of the character (despite using the same actor!) suggests the Marvel might be starting to write the show off.

the what now?

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

I knew about the Ghost Rider show, but ignoring it completely? Seems unnecessary, if you move it to a new location and just have him carry on being Ghost Rider it’s hard to see how it could contradict the AoS stuff. Contradicting Endgame on the other hand...

Pretty flat first episode, not much going on. They have the ability to warp through space apparently now? OK. I guess @Darth Richard II was correct, it looks like these bad guys are coming in from another dimension. So, multiple dimensions, Endgame confirms that time travel opens up new realities, then the Far from Home trailer drops the word ‘multiverse’ ... it’s looking good for an alternate reality theory for this season! All the ducks are lined up! All we need is for the writers not to explic...

”This season takes place pre-Snap”.

Oh. Nevermind.

9 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I knew about the Ghost Rider show, but ignoring it completely? Seems unnecessary, if you move it to a new location and just have him carry on being Ghost Rider it’s hard to see how it could contradict the AoS stuff. Contradicting Endgame on the other hand...

Pretty flat first episode, not much going on. They have the ability to warp through space apparently now? OK. I guess @Darth Richard II was correct, it looks like these bad guys are coming in from another dimension. So, multiple dimensions, Endgame confirms that time travel opens up new realities, then the Far from Home trailer drops the word ‘multiverse’ ... it’s looking good for an alternate reality theory for this season! All the ducks are lined up! All we need is for the writers not to explic...

”This season takes place pre-Snap”.

Oh. Nevermind.

Like DRII said, a year later, but it's still pre-snap? It could be an alternate timeline, as we've discussed before, but Thanos did attack Earth in their timeline, we just don't know the results. It's a shame, really; if these writers had been told just the detail about the 5-year gap, this 1-year jump would have worked perfectly. I liked that SHIELD is trying to rebuild itself. If we had the effects of the snap going on, with the world in crisis, it would have been great to see SHIELD tackle that, especially as they seem to be in favor with the world again, after their heroics in Chicago.

I thought it was funny that Quake's team had made a reputation as ruthless pirates. Maybe this is where Captain Marvel had been all this time, chasing after this band of ruffians across the galaxy. :P I was confused how the hell they had FTL tech, until they showed that jump device which was introduced last season. That's Confederacy tech, though it is a bit OP. In the MCU, we see ships having both lightspeed ability, but still needing to use fixed jump points for long distances. With this kind of tech, the Confederacy should dominate the galaxy.

Ah the same interview where they say it's pre snap also says they are just treating it as an alt timeline now, so that works.

Also there's a hilarious thing on Chloe's Instagram with her and the actor that plays Deek in some random supermarket asking people if they're excited for the premiere of Shield and no one having any idea what that is or who they are. :P

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ah the same interview where they say it's pre snap also says they are just treating it as an alt timeline now, so that works.

It does? I can only see multiple mentions of ‘pre-snap’. Unless we’re in a timeline where Thanos hangs around for a few years and then snaps.

13 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well I assume he just lost. 

I’m trying to crowbar in the term ‘pre-snap’, as in, before a snap happens. But obviously they just fucked up. Or rather, they seem to have fucked up the fuck up.

9 hours ago, Corvinus said:

the what now?

There's a new Ghost Rider show being made for Hulu. Same actor as on SHIELD but early reports were that it was going to completely ignore the events of SHIELD, although some other reports are now saying it's unclear.

So, I did not see any of the S6 trailers with Coulson going in to the show. So I was surprised when it was him that jumped outta that truck--I thought for sure it'd be Fitz. Speaking of which, the alternate reality/good-guy-is-now-a-bad-guy trope has been worn pretty thin on this show. We need to let Coulson go and move on. Speaking of moving on...

Anyone else want to see a Natasha Romanov: Director of SHIELD show set in the "five gap years" between snaps with this cast?

17 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

So, I did not see any of the S6 trailers with Coulson going in to the show. So I was surprised when it was him that jumped outta that truck--I thought for sure it'd be Fitz. Speaking of which, the alternate reality/good-guy-is-now-a-bad-guy trope has been worn pretty thin on this show. We need to let Coulson go and move on. Speaking of moving on...

Anyone else want to see a Natasha Romanov: Director of SHIELD show set in the "five gap years" between snaps with this cast?

Yes, yes I do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm enjoying it. Maybe not the best idea to separate the group and keep them apart for so long, but they're clearly having fun with it. They may have been inspired the Guardians movies and Thor Ragnarok to go this direction.

Archived