Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

Anyone catch up with the latest episode, "Comforts of Home"? I found the main story to be rather...disarming.

They didn't waste any time at all with Yo-Yo. :/ But they offset it with a B-Story was pure joy. Deke+Zima=4ever. I wonder if they'll really kill off Coulson this season?

On 3/2/2018 at 7:46 AM, Annara Snow said:

Not gonna happen. The show has become less and less connected to the movies as it went on, season 4 "ties" to the movies could barely be even called that. It sure as hell isn't going to have its storyline resolved by the movies - that would be a terrible idea and they never did it even in season 1, when the show really was connected to the movies.

Eh, the MCU & Agents of SHIELD definitely still dwell in the same universe, and if Infinity War is as epic as it's promised to be then the impact should be significant on AoS, just like Winter Soldier was.

16 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Anyone catch up with the latest episode, "Comforts of Home"? I found the main story to be rather...disarming.

Reveal hidden contents

They didn't waste any time at all with Yo-Yo. :/ But they offset it with a B-Story was pure joy. Deke+Zima=4ever. I wonder if they'll really kill off Coulson this season?

Eh, the MCU & Agents of SHIELD definitely still dwell in the same universe, and if Infinity War is as epic as it's promised to be then the impact should be significant on AoS, just like Winter Soldier was.

The Winter Soldier was connected to AoS. The Winter Soldier was not absolutely necessary to understand AoS - though it helped a lot, no doubt - and The Winter Soldier most definitely did not resolve the plot from AoS. AoS resolved its own plot in its own episodes.

And that was when the show was really closely connected to the movies. Seasons 3 and especially 4 barely had any connection.

As for the last episode - wow. The first half of that episode was one of the funniest - the Deke parts had me literally laughing out loud - but then what happened later was one of the most surprising and brutal moments.

I guessed that the woman under the mask was General's daughter - they've been hyping Dove Cameron's role and said that it's not a role people would expect her to play - so it seemed kind of obvious.

So if it's all coming true, then did Elena wear prosthetic arms in the 2022 scenes we saw in The Last Day?

Daisy and Deke are fun together and have great chemistry - in the friend/frenemy kind of way. (I just hope there isn't going to any kind of forced romance - I only say that because the fandom thought he was her love interest as soon as he was cast - because he's a dude and they interact... <_< They have absolutely no romantic chemistry - then again, neither did she have with Lincoln, but the show doesn't need to repeat that mistake.)

19 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Eh, the MCU & Agents of SHIELD definitely still dwell in the same universe

Nah. Agents likes to pretend it is (or feels obliged to) with the occasional reference to movie events taking place, but there are no Inhumans running around in the MCU, and Agents doesn't have a helicarrier.

34 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Why would Agents have a helicarrier?

Because Coulson spent all of season two pretending he was involved in secretly rebuilding the one which appeared in Ultron but hasn't been seen since? It's nominally a Shield helicarrier rebuilt using Shield resources; why has it never appeared on the show? (Aside from one episode where they watched a clip of Age of Ultron on TV)

On 3/8/2018 at 9:46 PM, RumHam said:

Agents of SHIELD finale being written as series finale.

There's still an outside chance it could be renewed, but this is probably it. 

Clickbait and people overreacting.

They already said that a few weeks ago, that they were writing the season finale as a POSSIBLE series finale. Which makes sense, as they don't know if the show will be renewed. 

Every Buffy season finale was always written in such a way as to potentially serve as a series finale if the show is cancelled. 

3 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Clickbait and people overreacting.

They already said that a few weeks ago, that they were writing the season finale as a POSSIBLE series finale. Which makes sense, as they don't know if the show will be renewed. 

Every Buffy season finale was always written in such a way as to potentially serve as a series finale if the show is cancelled. 

Heh, I would have been so annoyed if last season's finale was the series finale and we never learned why they were in space. 

But I think there is a lot of reason to worry this season. The rumor last season was that ABC wanted to cancel it but Disney pressured them not to so the show could reach the 100 episode syndication mark which of course it just did. Which kinda fits with ABC scheduling this season in the "friday night death slot."

26 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Heh, I would have been so annoyed if last season's finale was the series finale and we never learned why they were in space. 

But I think there is a lot of reason to worry this season. The rumor last season was that ABC wanted to cancel it but Disney pressured them not to so the show could reach the 100 episode syndication mark which of course it just did. Which kinda fits with ABC scheduling this season in the "friday night death slot."

The show had the same timesllot in season 4.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Oh I didn't realize. But it still supports the idea that ABC doesn't want the show anymore. 

You were right; I was thinking of the switch from 9 to 10 last season and forgot the change of day when it airs. 

But we already knew ABC wanted it cancelled -the real question is what Disney wants.

It would be a shame, for sure. I think so far season 5 wasn't quite at the level of season 4, though episode 100 was excellent, and I can see it improve by the end of the season.

I'm glad Disney forced ABC to keep it going, especially considering the massive flop Inhumans turned out to be. Maybe they're thinking that there is still the opportunity for connections with the MCU, or maybe Disney is just looking at ratings differently from ABC.

Archived