Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

They didn’t really have time to highlight it, but I assume it was Coulson not taking the serum that broke the loop? I guess originally, he does but it doesn’t work, Talbot consumes Daisy and he’s actually the destroyer of worlds? And this time, Daisy doesn’t get consumed which causes the earthquake which kills Fitz.

Yea it’ll be weird if Season 6 opens with the implication that a whole year has gone past, and during that year (when they find Fitz I assume) half of the cast just vanished and came back. Would it even be worth implying who got snapped? Or just leave it?

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea it’ll be weird if Season 6 opens with the implication that a whole year has gone past, and during that year (when they find Fitz I assume) half of the cast just vanished and came back. Would it even be worth implying who got snapped? Or just leave it?

Looks to me like evidence the unsnappening will be a time reset and none of them will be aware it ever happened :angry: Would have been better if they hadn't made any references to Infinity War at all.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You guys had been hinting at possibly incorporating the Infinity War ending. Why didn’t we see that in the finale? 
JED WHEDON: There’s some of that we can’t answer.
JEFF BELL: Part of what happened was, they changed the release date.
WHEDON: Yeah.
BELL: And we move at a different schedule than they do and so suddenly everything was a week earlier, and so we had to make some adjustments and that’s how we end up with our story.
WHEDON: Right. And the other thing is that there’s certain story points that are so — there would really be no way for us to address it and keep our show intact. Given that there’s another movie coming out, and there’s gonna be constant repercussions of their universe, so what we felt was that the safe play for our story, and for the integrity of our universe, was to operate outside of it.
BELL: To acknowledge it was happening, but that we had our own problems and we’re dealing with that.
WHEDON: Right, and also the timeline is a little bit fudged in that we assume that the last couple of episodes of our show take place during Infinity War. We’re running in a lot of real-time at the end of the season.
MAURISSA TANCHAROEN: The last four [episodes] all in real-time.
WHEDON: Yeah, so we sort of thought of it as these events are still ongoing as our season ends.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What would that mean if the show is renewed? Is the team somehow magically exempt from Thanos’ snap? 
WHEDON: Yeah, well what we like is painting ourselves into a corner, so that the problem we face is not that our show went off the air, it’s that it’s back on the air. “Oh no, now what?” Yeah, so we’ll have to figure out how that plays, and it’ll depend on what the season looks like and our air dates and all that. So, yeah, that’s a bridge we’ll have to cross.
BELL: We call it a classy problem.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/agents-of-shield-coulson-fitz-death-infinity-war-finale/

5 hours ago, felice said:

Would have been better if they hadn't made any references to Infinity War at all.

I guess the idea was, by referencing NY a few episodes apart, they’re highlighting that things are happening fairly slow and not catching up with the end of the movie.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

their universe

our universe

Jeez, put some effort in guys.....

53 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I guess the idea was, by referencing NY a few episodes apart, they’re highlighting that things are happening fairly slow and not catching up with the end of the movie.

Jeez, put some effort in guys.....

Yeah, they're not allowed to. This isn't anew thing.

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2018 at 5:37 PM, Darth Richard II said:

Clark Greg is directing the premiere for Season 6, as well. Don't know if Coulson will be back in front of the camera or not.

Clark Greg directing is great, but I've got mixed feelings about Coulson returning to the team after that send off with Mae. I'm not against it, but it'd have to be done the right way. Just not sure what that is.

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Isn't this supposed to be next summer, so after Avengers 4? I don't know the title of the premiere episode will have anything to do with the direct aftermath of IW, but maybe with the aftermath of A4.

Yes, after A4.  Could be Coulson turns to dust before he has a chance to die because of his issues, and is one of those trapped in the Soul Stone..  Then when the Avengers reverse the snap, he comes back without those issues?  Thanos ex machina.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Isn't this supposed to be next summer, so after Avengers 4? I don't know the title of the premiere episode will have anything to do with the direct aftermath of IW, but maybe with the aftermath of A4.

That is correct but unless they resolve the problem in a way where nobody has any memory of it, the show should probably address what's happened somehow. Plus if they wanted they could set an episode right after the snap. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Clark Greg directing is great, but I've got mixed feelings about Coulson returning to the team after that send off with Mae. I'm not against it, but it'd have to be done the right way. Just not sure what that is.

He should not come back, period. Except in a flashback or dream sequence or something like that.

If they were to resurrect him all over again, it would be ridiculous and prove that they don't have to guts to actually kill off any of the protagonists. Which would mean no one is in danger ever, unless they have a spare copy of them. <_<

What's the future of Agents of SHIELD? Is the shortened 13-episode run a final season?

We'll see. I feel like last season was our strongest creative season ever and the fan base remains very loyal — and we do very well in delayed viewing. It's my hope that by moving it to summer, where our live-same-day ratings are less important and it might be able to continue for longer.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abcs-channing-dungey-roseanne-cancellation-losing-kenya-barris-more-modern-family-1133024

4 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

He should not come back, period. Except in a flashback or dream sequence or something like that.

If they were to resurrect him all over again, it would be ridiculous and prove that they don't have to guts to actually kill off any of the protagonists. Which would mean no one is in danger ever, unless they have a spare copy of them. <_<

Well he didn't die, yet. They could find a plausible way to save his life, and allow him to continue.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:45 PM, RumHam said:

Damnit. I don't know how I feel about this. I hope the showrunners know for sure going in to this next 13 episode season so we don't get a cliffhanger that never gets resolved or just a meh ending like Agent Carter.  But it sounds like ABC is curious in experimenting with the Netflix Marvel model by doing 13 episodes released int he summer. Now if we could only get an AOS & Defenders crossover.

• 3 months later...

Huh, apparently more life is breathed into this show. We knew there was going to be a season 6, with fewer episodes, and moved into next summer. But it looks like there will be a 7th season, too.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/agents-of-shield/news/a870778/abc-marvel-agents-of-shield-season-7/

The news that season six of SHIELD had been pushed back to the summer caused some speculation that this was the end of the series.

However, ABC head Channing Dungey explained the decision to move it to the summer was actually in the hope of it earning a renewal.

Archived