Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

On 6/5/2019 at 8:07 PM, Corvinus said:

I'm enjoying it. Maybe not the best idea to separate the group and keep them apart for so long, but they're clearly having fun with it. They may have been inspired the Guardians movies and Thor Ragnarok to go this direction.

There are a number of things that bother me -

1) The show started off as the "Agents of Shield" investigating smaller issues, that the Avengers wouldn't have time for - now they're jumping though hyperspace to all sorts of different planets, and fighting off world ending events - THAT THE AVENGERS WOULD TAKE NOTICE OF.  To be fair, that isn't just this season - when they jumped ahead in time and fought the Kree, I wasn't a big fan.  And even before that, the Inhumans represented a worldwide threat.

2) The complete separation from the MCU.  I know this has been discussed ad nauseum...but just last season, a major plot point was that Thanos was coming - and they were trying to make a deal with that other alien race to protect them.  (Another giant spaceship, that you would think the Avengers would notice)

3) Production values seem to be a bit variable.  It seems like they're putting a lot of money into CGI, but the sets are atrocious.  Fitz's freeze-chamber was quite obviously a Thule car-top carrier.

4) This whole last episode was just silly.  And I know that was the point...but the whole "let's just grab these colorful puff things and eat them" was so off the wall bad....

5) Getting the condensed version of Data learning to be human in the form of Enoch.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

This had probably been my favorite season so far.

hmm, I was going to wait until the end of the season, but I don't think this season has been as good as the previous two, especially season 4.

I found that while individual episodes were great on their own, the greater arc was a bit all over the place. That being said, it has found its footing quite well in the last 2-3 episodes, with the episode from the week before being my favorite, as we finally got to see what makes Izel so dangerous. And I do appreciate that we are getting a conclusion for the monoliths with all this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finished S6. No lie, I fell asleep during the finale. I had to rewatch the last 15 minutes or so when I woke up. It's just so predictably meh. I mean, was anyone surprised at all by who popped up at the end? All these "fake" deaths just lessen the impact of these characters. Now they've done three "dead-not dead!" characters in one episode alone. *sigh* I never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready for this series to be done already. Feige never wanted this show, and he's done his damndest since S3 to keep SHIELD outta the MCU. Now he's finally got his way with Disney+ where he has creative control over the MCU TV tie-ins, so SHIELD is now kinda like the MCU sibling no one wants to acknowledge. SHIELD went from Ivanka in S1-2 to DJ in S3-5 and now it's basically Tiffany. I just hope they let it go out with some semblance of dignity.

• 8 months later...

Archived