Do you think any Freys will survive?

Aenarion

I hold out hope that the Rosby Freys will survive, Perwyn and Olyvar. One might be the Ward at Rosby and will end up becoming its Lord, taking the name Rosby (also to avoid association with their treacherous kin). Hopefully Alesander will also survive. But by the end I think the Lord of the Crossing will be Big Walder. Many of the Freys will die, Edwyn and Black Walder will kill the other, then be murdered by Lothar. Emmon's branch of the family and many other of Walder the Weasel's descendants will fall at RW2 to the BWB. Lothar might make Big W his heir, having them marry one of his daughters... then Big W kills his uncle and gets the Twins. My thanks to Poor Quentyn for suggesting this.

5 hours ago, Rise said:

Probably not, like is it already said there are simply too much them to kill.

There are what 80 plus Freys carrying the name, it's not hard to off them all. If anybody can kill a family consisting of 80 something members it's GRRM. 

Not that it will happen just that it's possible. 

But @The Wolves to answer your question, hell hath no fury like a cold stark scorn. Even if a stark doesn't kill walder and his line, they are done holding the twins and lots of male heads. The "nice freys" people are bringing up might prove themselves in the real fight (Robb's squire after Satin dies defending Jon who never gave up on him)

Freys will not hold the twins unless a stark allows it I'm sorry 

Yes I went there bc it's true 

9 hours ago, Sullen said:

I believe many of them will survive, yes.

They're simply too numerous and too spread around to all die.

You guys gotta remember.... The north remembers!!! 

But seriously hear me out.... Doesn't matter what Frey you are, the rest of your life you would be Interogated by any real northman. And their former liege as well. If you knew of Robb/Edmures demise.... Seriously you could never escape it and your credibility is mocked. Many will be killed on the spot me thinks 

To win back anything they will have to fight the hell out of some wargs (Robb's squire will be jons after a heroic satin death). Only chance for redemption IMHO. Guest right ain't no joke in this series. Each Frey is a very likely dead MAN walking (a little more so than the women as they were the butchers on orders) 

Plus I see the 2 castles splitting into civil war with 1 by led by black walder cause he's mean. It's too perfect 

Oh, on how they will die, after Lord Wlder's natural or slightly aided death, the Freys can easily kill each other over Edwyn and Black Walder. Add Lame Lothar to the mix and they will devour each other before anyone reaches the castle to exact revenge.

It will be a fitting end really, Late Lord Walder Frey doing everything to augment the family status and wealth, only for the family to self-destruct after his death.

I think it's too difficult to eliminate "all" the Freys...I mean, they're an extremely extended family, living all over the place. I think the best BwB and LSH could do is to kill most of the Freys within their territory. But those out and away from the hunting ground (e.g. the surviving Walder boy in Winterfell, Robert Frey in Oldtown) they'd most likely survive.

So yes, I think a lot of the Freys will survive. 

Will all Freys die? Probably not, there are a lot of them all over Westeros. A better question is whether or not the Freys keep the Twins and remain powerful and politically relevant. My hunch is the Freys lose significant power, and even the Twins with many Freys dying. The kinslaying taboo seems very robust in Westeros. The North remembers, and their tenuous alliance with the Lannisters sans-Tywin does not bode well for them either. Perhaps Dany actually returns to Westeros and exhibits fervent hatred for the "usurper's dogs" including Starks and thus could view the Freys in a positive light and ally with them as a result. I find this very dubious. 

23 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

The Freys at Darry,Casterly Rock and the Vale are possible to survive.

Perwyn, Olyvar, and Alesander Frey have good chances because Catelyn noticed their absence. Olyvar Frey or one of his brothers can be the ward of Gyles Rosby mentioned in Cersei's chapters. 

All Freys who are at Riverrun and North will die. Definitely Lord Walder, Edwyin,Black Walder, Lothar,Rymound, Hosteen and Big Walder will not survive.

Septon Luceon has good chances too.

That maester, too. And if becessary he can become LoCrossing, if Aemon was offered title, so can that Frey (I can't remember his name, I think he is brother of Olyvar and Roslin).

• 1 year later...
On 30.9.2016. at 2:36 PM, devilish said:

Why should the third son of Walder's 5th son be killed for his grandfather's crimes? Walder is his Lord and the one who puts food on his table. If he tells him to jump the only plausible answer to that would be how high?

Fifth son is Septon Luceon 

Archived