Least favourite POV character per book

Ser Scott Malkinson

AGoT - Daenerys

ACoK - Daenerys

ASoS - Daenerys

AFfC - Daenerys

ADwD - Daenerys

I rate her chapters a total of 1.5/5 sets off floppy ears.  Essos in general is pissing me off, but a least fAegon finally got on a boat and crossed the Narrow Sea, thank the Old Gods and the New.

10 hours ago, Reekazoid said:

AGoT - Daenerys

ACoK - Daenerys

ASoS - Daenerys

AFfC - Daenerys

ADwD - Daenerys

I rate her chapters a total of 1.5/5 sets off floppy ears.  Essos in general is pissing me off, but a least fAegon finally got on a boat and crossed the Narrow Sea, thank the Old Gods and the New.

A very fair and nuanced assessment considering Dany doesn’t even appear in FfC let alone as a POV 

AGOT – Jon Snow (tough choice – I neither dislike the character nor the POV, his is just the one I enjoy the least in this awesome book)

ACOK – Jon Snow (see above; plus find Ygritte slightly annoying)

ASOS – Bran (with the exception of the Harrenhal tourney chapter)

AFFC – all of the Dorne POVs, Aeron, Samwell (still love the book for the Cersei and Alayne/Sansa chapters)

ADWD – Tyrion (mostly boring travelogue; his self-pity and repetitive intrusive thoughts are somehow both boring and disturbing)

Here are the point of chapters that I hated.  

1. Book 1 (A Game of Thrones) - Jon Snow
  2. Book 2 (A Clash of Kings) - Jon Snow
  3. Book 3 (A Storm of Swords) - Jon Snow
  4. Book 4(A Feast for Crows) - Sansa Stark
  5. Book 5 (A Dance with Dragons) - Jon Snow

I guess it's obvious that I can't stand Jon.   If there is one good thing about Feast, it spared me from having to read through a Jon point of view chapter.   Sansa's chapters are not as bad.  I don't hate Sansa but I find her extremely annoying.

My Least Favorites:

1. A Game of Thrones- Jon Snow. The Jon chapters are quite slow and uneventful, and in the latter half of the book they halt the plot in its tracks.

2. A Clash of Kings- Jon Snow. Not Jon's fault, but his story in ACOK is really uneventful. The only thing of note is Bael the Bard and Qhorin Halfhand.

3. A Storm of Swords- Daenerys Targaryen. Too much "virtue signalling" from Dany and too many redundant threats against the Usurper's Dogs.

4. A Feast for Crows- Brienne Tarth. The story is OK. The later parts are great, I just wish Brienne's story started with her meeting Septon Meribald and Hyle Hunt in Maidenpool. The adventures of Creighton and Illifer, wandering in Duskendale and Crackclaw are not in any way interesting to me.

5. A Dance with Dragons- Tyrion Lannister. Tyrion's way too far out of his element here, and he's just really depressing. Easy Runner-Up is Daenerys. Way too many chapters about how great and terrible Daario Naharis is, and again more about those damnable Usurper's Dogs. 

3 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Not Pov, but most boring chapter in my opinion is Princess in tower, expect ending.

That chapter is way too long and way too uneventful, I agree. But, I love how it paints Doran. What kind of sick man imprisons his own daughter for so long that she starts to mentally break down?

51 minutes ago, Pride of Driftmark said:

That chapter is way too long and way too uneventful, I agree. But, I love how it paints Doran. What kind of sick man imprisons his own daughter for so long that she starts to mentally break down?

Uh, you know that daughter tried to start war with the powerful Lannisters that her family would surely lose.

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

AGoT - Sansa 

ACoK - Tyrion 

ASoS - Tyrion

AFfC - Damphair & Vic

ADwD - Tyrion & Vic

Tyrion is a neutral character to me.  He's a big asshole in a small body but he's not that bad.  For the time he lives in.  He's a sexists by ours.  

Samwell gets on my nerves.  If you can't kill anyone, you won't save anyone.  

22 minutes ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Tyrion is a neutral character to me.  He's a big asshole in a small body but he's not that bad.  For the time he lives in.  He's a sexists by ours.  

Samwell gets on my nerves.  If you can't kill anyone, you won't save anyone.  

I often feel like slapping Tyrion, especially when reading through his PoV. :D

But the Greyjoy siblings Damphair and Vic are w/o a doubt my least favourite characters in the series, full stop. 

I am unable to follow the OP directions:

AGOT:  None.

ACOK:  None again, but in a pinch I could go with Tyrion or Jon Snow

ASOS: Sam

AFFC:  Now we have so many choices, Brienne, Sam, and the Dorne POVs

ADWD:  Even more choices.  Dany, Tyrion, and the Dorne POVs

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, Kandrax said:

Not Pov, but most boring chapter in my opinion is Princess in tower, expect ending.

That could just mean that GRRM successfully conveyed how boring it must actually be to be really locked up in an actual tower. In which case I'd say it was brilliantly written. :P

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

A very fair and nuanced assessment considering Dany doesn’t even appear in FfC let alone as a POV 

I  feel as though I've let you down in some way.   

You yearned for Rhaegar, but I gave you Shitmouth. Forgive me. 

AGOT: Sansa and Eddard(on rereads. First-time read his chapters are quite nice)

ACOK: Very difficult, but it would be a tie between Jon and Sansa

ASOS: Arya( goin' nowhere)

AFFC: Brienne( she's on a quest which we know is bound to be failed. Although her last chapter was good)

ADWD: Dany( C'mon Dany, nuke Meereen and fly to Westeros! Hopefully she will in TWOW)

My least favorite characters are always going to be Jon Snow, Davos Seaworth, Jaime Lannister, and Sansa Stark.  I want those four to die.  On a per book basis, I would list them like this:

AGOT:  Jon Snow

ACOK:  Sansa Stark

ASOS: Jon Snow

AFFC:  Jaime Lannister and Sansa Stark

ADWD:  Davos Seaworth and Jon Snow

Point of View chapters that I hated would also pretty much follow the same pattern. 

Archived