How will Littlefinger get to Dany?

Sigella

6 hours ago, 1000th Lord Commander said:

A Grand council, where all the lords get to vote, would be my bet. Seriously, that would be the ideal way for LF to do anything. He can bribe and manipulate to his hearts content.

Can't see it happening, though. but nice thought.

Yes it would be ideal for Littlefinger, but I don't think that they could scrape a GC together even if they tried. Like: is Aegon lord of the Stormlands now? is so, will he show? will euron show? will Roose or Ramsey?

1 minute ago, Winter prince said:

Has Littlefinger been at any council meetings since the announcement of the dragons?  Most in Westeros appear to be treating them as a rumor

Come on, all the seafarers speak of the silver-haired dragon queen. For Littlefinger to ignore the prospect of a player of Danys magnitude would be dumb.

2 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Come on, all the seafarers speak of the silver-haired dragon queen. For Littlefinger to ignore the prospect of a player of Danys magnitude would be dumb.

Just because he's conniving doesn't mean he's smart enough to actually listen to seafarers

Littlefinger won't dethrone Daenerys.  The farthest Littlefinger will get is Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and Lord of Winterfell.  I can see Littlefinger destroying the Starks and taking Winterfell away from them.  He will fail at taking the Iron Throne though.  Drogon will have him for breakfast.

5 minutes ago, Teenage Wasteland said:

Littlefinger won't dethrone Daenerys.  The farthest Littlefinger will get is Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and Lord of Winterfell.  I can see Littlefinger destroying the Starks and taking Winterfell away from them.  He will fail at taking the Iron Throne though.  Drogon will have him for breakfast.

Varys is a pretty solid road block for him as well.  He can manipulate things just as well

Varys is a pretty solid road block for him as well.  He can manipulate things just as well

I also think Tyrion will eventually learn that Littlefinger framed him twice, one for Bran and one for Joff.  He's not like to forgive that.  Littlefinger will have many adversaries but Daenerys is not one of them.  She's too far above him.  Littlefinger will have run-ins with Varys and Tyrion.  Tyrion will prevail and take down Littlefinger for good.  He might come face to face with Dany and Drogon if he can get past Varys and Tyrion.  He becomes afternoon snack after a light roasting.

Not sure this is true. Baelish has the ability to think on his feet and change to fit situations, where Varys  needs time to plot and scheme, and  consult with Illyrio. On top of that, Baelish is out in the open where he can operate freely where Varys is in hiding and has to work through the little birds. And other than Cersei's trial not a lot is going on there, while you have Aegon in the Stormlands with the possibility of an alliance with Dorne, the Ironborn in the Reach, Stannis in the North, and Dany on the horizon in Essos.

7 minutes ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Not sure this is true. Baelish has the ability to think on his feet and change to fit situations, where Varys  needs time to plot and scheme, and  consult with Illyrio. On top of that, Baelish is out in the open where he can operate freely where Varys is in hiding and has to work through the little birds. And other than Cersei's trial not a lot is going on there, while you have Aegon in the Stormlands with the possibility of an alliance with Dorne, the Ironborn in the Reach, Stannis in the North, and Dany on the horizon in Essos.

I just think Varys is quite the puppeteer, even if he can't think as fast as littlefinger

2 hours ago, Winter prince said:

Just because he's conniving doesn't mean he's smart enough to actually listen to seafarers

Well, Cersei we know ignores them. But I can't see Littlefinger being as ignorant as her...

1 hour ago, Teenage Wasteland said:

Never said he would. But assuming he tries - how?

He definitely doesn't appear to be as hard-headed but at some point a flaw should show up in his plans

I believe so too. Probably when he gets kicked out the moon door. (FORESHADOWING DUDE)

2 hours ago, Teenage Wasteland said:

I also think Tyrion will eventually learn that Littlefinger framed him twice, one for Bran and one for Joff.  He's not like to forgive that.  Littlefinger will have many adversaries but Daenerys is not one of them.  She's too far above him.  Littlefinger will have run-ins with Varys and Tyrion.  Tyrion will prevail and take down Littlefinger for good.  He might come face to face with Dany and Drogon if he can get past Varys and Tyrion.  He becomes afternoon snack after a light roasting.

Do we know that Tyrion knows, or even suspects, it was Baelish's scheming that did Joffrey in? I'm not sure we do. He coukd learn if it later, i suppose. But this may be difficult when you are in Slavers Bay and don't want anyone in Westeros to know whete you are. Off thetop of my head I don't recall Tyrion thinking about this in any of his chapters. Does someone have the text to enlighten me? 

2 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Do we know that Tyrion knows, or even suspects, it was Baelish's scheming that did Joffrey in? I'm not sure we do. He coukd learn if it later, i suppose. But this may be difficult when you are in Slavers Bay and don't want anyone in Westeros to know whete you are. Off thetop of my head I don't recall Tyrion thinking about this in any of his chapters. Does someone have the text to enlighten me? 

He asks Penny about the man who hired her. She mentions Oswell. Although she doesn't mention his family name, which is Kettleblack. But Tyrion is smart, maybe he finds out later...

4 hours ago, Sigella said:

Dragonstone is mostly populated by smallfolk. Whom don't practice incest etc. Are they not westerosi?

I am referring to the Targs mate, not some common cobbler who lives in Dragonstone. There are smallfolk in Essos who do not practice incest. That doesn't make them Westerosi.

One of the biggest cultural difference between Essos and Westeros is that the latter is untouched by Valyrian presence up till Aegon the conqueror. Even the free cities is heavily influenced by the Valyrians since they had to stay out of their radar. Dragonstone sits between the two worlds. Its located very close to Westeros. However it had been under Valyrian rule for 2 centuries prior the doom. That shaped the island (even the very castle was built using Valyrian magic)

I too agree that he won't survive enough to meet with Daenerys. But he must know about her. In Feast he says something about three queens. and news about her have reached Oldtown, King's Landing, Dorne. Even if they meet, it's difficult for Daenerys to trust him. He has Ned's (the usurper's dog) daughter and served the Usurper and the Lannisters.

4 hours ago, Bironic said:

He asks Penny about the man who hired her. She mentions Oswell. Although she doesn't mention his family name, which is Kettleblack. But Tyrion is smart, maybe he finds out later...

That's right. I forgot about the Kettleblack connection. 

Idea for Indy rock band name: Kettleblack Connection 

17 hours ago, Winter prince said:

Haha, so he survives winter?

Not necessarily. And it might not be the moon door but as we all know Sweetrobin wants to make the little man fly and I totally believe he will. 

16 hours ago, devilish said:

I am referring to the Targs mate, not some common cobbler who lives in Dragonstone. There are smallfolk in Essos who do not practice incest. That doesn't make them Westerosi.

One of the biggest cultural difference between Essos and Westeros is that the latter is untouched by Valyrian presence up till Aegon the conqueror. Even the free cities is heavily influenced by the Valyrians since they had to stay out of their radar. Dragonstone sits between the two worlds. Its located very close to Westeros. However it had been under Valyrian rule for 2 centuries prior the doom. That shaped the island (even the very castle was built using Valyrian magic)

No, you were arguing that Dragonstone and its inhabitants isn't Westerosi, which they are. Or thats what I thought you meant. 

16 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

I too agree that he won't survive enough to meet with Daenerys. But he must know about her. In Feast he says something about three queens. and news about her have reached Oldtown, King's Landing, Dorne. Even if they meet, it's difficult for Daenerys to trust him. He has Ned's (the usurper's dog) daughter and served the Usurper and the Lannisters.

11 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

Littlefinger won't live long enough to meet Dany, let alone see her take the throne.

If you where to read the OP you would know this thread discuss under the assumptions mentioned there. Those are:

- LF wants to be king

- Dany snatches his prize

- How will he act then

Archived