Marvel Netflix - Sweet Christmas!

Martell Spy

Apparently (the) RZA directed an episode of Iron Fist. As someone who has seen The Man with the Iron Fists I'm a little apprehensive.

http://mcuexchange.com/hiphop-icon-rza-direct-episode-iron-fist/

I had never heard of Iron Fist before and was somewhat leery of it do the name. It actually looks awesome though. However, I do have to wonder if Kickpuncher will be making an appearance in it.

8 hours ago, red snow said:

A bit worrying if it's an indication of the show's overall style. Although I enjoyed Man with the Iron Fists in a "so bad it's entertaining way" or at least appreciated the wacky approach

Russell Crowe is definitely having an absolute blast, and it has nice ideas. But it's a muddled mess. Who's the main character? Who's the villain? What is the plot?

Luckily though the plot and script will be given to (the) RZA, he'll just translate them to screen, and he certainly has a love for the genre. I do hope they go with a feel like a homage to Kung-fu films.

12 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Russell Crowe is definitely having an absolute blast, and it has nice ideas. But it's a muddled mess. Who's the main character? Who's the villain? What is the plot?

Luckily though the plot and script will be given to (the) RZA, he'll just translate them to screen, and he certainly has a love for the genre. I do hope they go with a feel like a homage to Kung-fu films.

Between that and "the nice guys" I think Crowe/casting agents should really give him more fun roles to play with. Far better performances than the serious/dour ones he's done so often he can almost sleepwalk them.

Good point that with a decent script to work off RZA may actually turn out a great episode at least visually.

12 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Who is Jessica Henwick playing? I thought she was Elodie Young at first because of the sword.

I also really hope that Weaver isn't playing a corporate business leader who is actually a criminal because that will be 4 villains of that type in the netflix shows. Hopefully she has something additional going on.

Just now, red snow said:

Who is Jessica Henwick playing?

Colleen Wing. She'll be in both Iron Fist and The Defenders. And if there is any justice, the inevitable Daughters of the Dragon series!

2 hours ago, mormont said:

Colleen Wing. She'll be in both Iron Fist and The Defenders. And if there is any justice, the inevitable Daughters of the Dragon series!

cool. It would be nice to see her interact with Misty.

It does look like it's going to deliver on fun martial arts action. Hopefully the creators have managed to avoid the structural issues that the other Marvel Netfilx shows have run into.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I was expecting Danny Rand to say "you've failed this city" and started killing people though :)

Oh yeah, after Matt already got the villainous real estate plot, the least they can do is give Danny Oliver's catchphrase.:P

6 minutes ago, Denvek said:

Did I see Madam Gao in there at one point?

Yes. They've hinted at her ties to Iron Fist story since the first season of Daredevil.

10 minutes ago, Denvek said:

2 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

Yes. They've hinted at her ties to Iron Fist story since the first season of Daredevil.

I'm pretty sure she's the out-of-focus character standing and talking behind Daisy Wenham at 1:00 as well, and someone kneels to her at 1:15.

I'm hoping they properly differentiate Gao's group from the Hand, and don't just go with vague Asian ninjas.

2 hours ago, Denvek said:

2 hours ago, Jon AS said:

It does look like it's going to deliver on fun martial arts action. Hopefully the creators have managed to avoid the structural issues that the other Marvel Netfilx shows have run into.

Oh yeah, after Matt already got the villainous real estate plot, the least they can do is give Danny Oliver's catchphrase.:P

Yes, pay attention to the symbol on her drug packets ;)

Spoiler

The symbol of the villain, Steel Serpent

Her response to a question in Daredevil about her going to China was "quite a distance further"(paraphrasing).

Spoiler

Ku'n-Zi? Is she the Crane Mother?

Looking forward to this and The Punisher series more than any of the others.

5 hours ago, Leap said:

Looks fun, hopefully a bit less cheesy than Luke Cage though. Also hopefully they can stick to form for the whole season with the villainous Faramir.

Also, it's interesting how over the release of each series the Netflix shows have become more ''superhero-esque'', starting with basically just a martial artist, and ending with a guy with a glowing fist. I'm okay with this development if it ties into the MCU at a later date, although...you know. Maybe not. Still, very awesome, and I look forward to The Defenders.

Technically JJ and Luke Cage are still the only super-powered heroes in the Netflix-MCverse right? Iron Fist is just able to really focus his Chi, which is something we all have within what is a normal person in the MCU. And mad Kung-Fu skillez of course.

4 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Technically JJ and Luke Cage are still the only super-powered heroes in the Netflix-MCverse right? Iron Fist is just able to really focus his Chi, which is something we all have within what is a normal person in the MCU. And mad Kung-Fu skillez of course.

No, in order to become the Iron Fist, Danny had to defeat an immortal dragon and absorb its chi. That's what gives him his supernatural powers.

9 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

No, in order to become the Iron Fist, Danny had to defeat an immortal dragon and absorb its chi. That's what gives him his supernatural powers.

If you absorb someone's Chi, then they die, so they are not immortal. :-D

I wonder if that will be his lore in the TV show. So far the MCU hasn't had dragons.

6 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Technically JJ and Luke Cage are still the only super-powered heroes in the Netflix-MCverse right?

No. In addition to the notes above about Iron Fist, DD has super-senses. The show messes this up a bit, because Stick is able to manage so well without sight that it makes DD's senses seem less remarkable, but DD's senses are every bit as much a superpower as Jessica's strength or Luke's invulnerability.

So every lead character in the Netflix series has superpowers, so far. Punisher will be the exception, I guess.

Archived