Marvel Netflix - Sweet Christmas!

Martell Spy

I was hoping they wouldn't stick with that chopped up remix of Come As You Are which is really distracting (God I hope that's not the main theme), but the series looks good. Coolest thing Danny's done with his fist yet, he just had to wait for the trailer of a different series.

I did find it underwhelming.  Why is Matt coming in as Jessica's lawyer?  Did she piss off Jeri?  My dislike for the Iron Fist and Luke Cage series is probably to blame, but I'm losing interest.  I'm much more interested in the Punisher, and the new seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.  Maybe I'll be more interested once they show more of Sigourney's role. 

Still a little put off from the mess that was Iron Fist but I was also underwhelmed by that trailer. Hopefully the writers of Jessica Jones and the fight choreographers from Daredevil are in charge of this one.

Also, do we know any basic details about Sigourney Weaver’s character?  I did a quick search but didn’t see much. Elektra by herself doesn’t seem menacing enough to be an enemy against all 4 Defenders.. even if she is some kind of super soldier now. Also I'm getting tired of these throwaway Hand ninjas. The ninja fights at the end of S2 Daredevil were getting boring.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I did find it underwhelming.  Why is Matt coming in as Jessica's lawyer?  Did she piss off Jeri?  My dislike for the Iron Fist and Luke Cage series is probably to blame, but I'm losing interest.  I'm much more interested in the Punisher, and the new seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.  Maybe I'll be more interested once they show more of Sigourney's role. 

Jessica seemed as surprised as Misty by Matt's arrival. I think the situation is more that Matt's intervening because he's also investigating the same thing she is and this is a convenient point to introduce himself.

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I'm guessing that this scene is after the first time they meet in action and when JJ is arrested Matt ditches the DD role and takes on the attorney one to get her out/get information from her/team up.

2 minutes ago, red snow said:

Hope Wing is present too. 

She was in one of the promotional stills they released before Iron Fist even came out. Plus I thought I saw her in the trailer for a second fighting the Hand. 

I'm a little disappointed that the enemy seems to be The Hand again. I guess we can hope that Weaver is part of something else and just working with/using The Hand. 

Just now, RumHam said:

She was in one of the promotional stills they released before Iron Fist even came out. Plus I thought I saw her in the trailer for a second fighting the Hand. 

I'm a little disappointed that the enemy seems to be The Hand again. I guess we can hope that Weaver is part of something else and just working with/using The Hand. 

Hopefully Defenders will put an end to the Hand so that they can then start playing with some other villains when "phase 2" or whatever they call the post defenders show.

I guess there's not that many evil organisations left unless they want to borrow off SHIEILD and the movies?

Maybe some down to earth foes next eg Bullseye for DD? No idea for the others

22 minutes ago, red snow said:

Maybe some down to earth foes next eg Bullseye for DD? No idea for the others

I forget who said it but I'm pretty sure it was on this forum that someone pointed out that Bullseye is a fundamentally flawed villain. Basically his whole thing is that he never misses, but the plot requires him to continually not just shoot Daredevil in the face. 

As for future foes I think we can predict a lot of them. I'd say Daredevil getting round two with Fisk is a lock. though they will probably throw in at least one other villain. Jessica Jones has Nuke and the evil corporation responsible for her powers. Luke has Diamondback 2.0 and Iron Fist has the reviews of season one. 

34 minutes ago, RumHam said:

She's seen sneaking into a building with Danny, then beats up a bunch of black clothed guys.

We only get glipses, but I like Elktras new outfit. It'd be nice to see DD wear his more, and IF to get  his already (means they can bring in a decent martial artist stunt man too)

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

1 I forget who said it but I'm pretty sure it was on this forum that someone pointed out that Bullseye is a fundamentally flawed villain. Basically his whole thing is that he never misses, but the plot requires him to continually not just shoot Daredevil in the face. 

2 and Iron Fist has the reviews of season one. 

1 Eh you just dial it down, super dangerous (but not infallible) with thrown projectiles but nothing silly like Toothpicks and playing cards. And just say he's above guns because of his pride.

2. ouch. But yeah we'd be better off with a Daughters of the Dragon, Heroes for Hire thing (Misty did that for a while right?)

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

I forget who said it but I'm pretty sure it was on this forum that someone pointed out that Bullseye is a fundamentally flawed villain. Basically his whole thing is that he never misses, but the plot requires him to continually not just shoot Daredevil in the face. 

As for future foes I think we can predict a lot of them. I'd say Daredevil getting round two with Fisk is a lock. though they will probably throw in at least one other villain. Jessica Jones has Nuke and the evil corporation responsible for her powers. Luke has Diamondback 2.0 and Iron Fist has the reviews of season one. 

Haha.. very good. Who is Diamondback 2.0? Shades? I barely remember much of how the season ended other than Luke going to jail.

At the end I think they showed Diamondback in the custody of the Doctor who gave Luke his powers. (Leavy the defense lawyer from The Wire) Suggesting that he'll eventually return as a real threat. 

22 minutes ago, RumHam said:

At the end I think they showed Diamondback in the custody of the Doctor who gave Luke his powers. (Leavy the defense lawyer from The Wire) Suggesting that he'll eventually return as a real threat. 

Oh that's right. Ugh.. just.. why? he was such a cartoon villain. 

Archived