Marvel Netflix - Sweet Christmas!

Martell Spy

Krysten Ritter is so absurdly my type that she almost made me think crystal meth would be cool. Her character of Jessica Jones is basically exactly the kind of woman I jump after (as a bartender), as a jaded, detached booze-hound - minus the whole bed-breaking super strength. Haven't run into one of those yet.

I very much enjoyed the first season. My favorite of the Marvel series, so I've high hopes for this second season. Boy does it look heavy, though. I hope there are a few moments of levity beyond her savage wisecracks.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I might become one of those sick individuals who will watch iron fist season 2 without finishing JJ or starting Luke Cage season 2. I'm not sure why beyond iron fist potentially not being more of the same thanks to the new showrunner/need for a reboot.

Although I'm wondering whether there's any essential viewing in the other two shows that will inform IF2 beyond his guest appearance in Luke cage?

Otherwise I'll probably wind up waiting for punisher season 2 which should be possible to watch as its own thing.

20 minutes ago, red snow said:

Otherwise I'll probably wind up waiting for punisher season 2 which should be possible to watch as its own thing.

When is that due?  Because I have no interest in the second seasons of either LC or IF.

4 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

When is that due?  Because I have no interest in the second seasons of either LC or IF.

I think they are filming so I'm guessing it'll be a Feb/April although I've a feeling daredevil is scheduled next. 

Good thing about Punisher is that it's self contained. It's weird how I now approach marvel TV in the same way I do marvel comics preferring isolated projects.

A couple of episodes into IF and I feel my interest wildly flying up and down depending on whether it's Danny or Colleen on screen. 

It's impressive just how much of it is naff, even the intro is noticeably less engaging than the others.

Mild Ep.2 spoilers:

Spoiler

I am enjoying Davos renewed intensity, although I still don't really see any motivation for Joy's heel turn.

The new 'Mary' character should be good, I won't say more in case people don't know who she is going to be.

Was kind of surprised to see Mary on this one because I've always associated her as a Daredevil character.  Wonder if she'll make her way there in season three (assuming she survives this one...only seen one ep)...

I must confess at the same point (just finished ep7) I've flown through this. Almost everything has been tightened up. Given how negative I was going in... they've done a good job. That said: JJ2, Punisher, and LC2 had all been early on enjoyable, and all lost me at about this point.

I actually really liked Iron Fist season 2. It is a vast improvement over the first season. And they finally made show that's only ten episodes long, which means the pacing isn't quite as bad as it usually is (although you could probably still shave off an episode or two).

On 8/17/2018 at 11:16 AM, The BlackBear said:

'I didn't ask for the Iron Fist.'

What? It was a point last season, how much you wanted it!

On 8/17/2018 at 2:07 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

Yeah, really dumb line, since you have to decide to fight a dragons and beat it to get the fist. Did he fight the dragon under duress?

Hey, ye of little faith, turns out this gets addressed in season 2 ;)

Finished it last night, remarkable improvement over season 1 

Spoiler

Finn Jones has become better in the role but the best parts were still those which didn't focus on Danny. By a country mile for me, Colleen and Misty were the best part of the series and I hope we get more of them. I also loved that they actually reference stuff that happens in the other Netflix shows directly, with Misty expressing worry about Like.

I also thought Mary was a great addition and I'm looking forward to seeing her appear in some of the other Netflix stuff (I hope). 

David was a bit, meh. Wasn't really a fan and he seemed a bit carpet chewing power mad and illogical but he still beats the Hand as a villain. 

Joy and Ward continue to shine, I love their complicated relationship. 

Ending was a bit weird. So now both Colleen and Danny have the Fist? And the fist's power transfers to other objects too?

Was this the first show without Clare?

Anyway, I'm continuing to enjoy Marvel Netflix. After some disappointment with Luke Cage S1, lots of disappointment with IF S1 and a meh feeling about Defenders, my faith has been restored by S2 of JJ, LC and IF

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

Apparently we are getting the next season of Daredevil sooner rather than later. October 19 is apparently the release date.

Do we know for sure if Bullseye is in this season? And do we know if there will be a Season 4? I'd hate to see Daredevil without Bullseye entering the run. That trailer isn't as good as the S2 trailer.. needs more Fisk.

42 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Do we know for sure if Bullseye is in this season? And do we know if there will be a Season 4? I'd hate to see Daredevil without Bullseye entering the run. That trailer isn't as good as the S2 trailer.. needs more Fisk.

Nothings been announced but the crew jackets for season three had a bullseye logo featured prominently so yeah. 

I'm still working my way through season two of Iron Fist. It's a lot better but I still don't find it all that compelling. So far I still basically agree with Davos that it was a dick move to become the iron fist and then bounce and let the city be destroyed. 

One thing I thought was silly was

When Walker turns back into Mary after Dany is hurt and he's yelling at her to call Colleen. Can't....you just call her? Or (if he never bothered to get a new phone) ask the EMT to borrow their phone cause it's an emergency and/or you'll give them a million dollars? and the EMTs just didn't notice the passed out guy laying nearby? The whole scene was made worse by the fact that you knew it was coming. In case you somehow didn't there was even a bit a few scenes before where Danny says something too her like "gee it must be really inconvenient to chance personalities when it rains."

Finished Iron Fist... I don't know what to say, really. So many lines and scenes just made me go, "Really? This is what they came up with?" It was helped being a bit shorter than the norm, pacing-wise, I guess. Alice Eve and Tom Pelphrey were the only ones who really shone to any degree, IMO.

The fight scenes were better, certainly. And the very end of the final episode suddenly seemed like it could be really interesting if they did an S3.... but I'm kind of dubious they will, for several reasons. We'll see

On 9/8/2018 at 12:20 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

On 9/8/2018 at 5:54 PM, Martini Sigil said:

7 episodes in and I'm digging this, although I will admit that I'm in the tank for Marvel.... Finn Jones still hasn't completely sold me, but its a shit-ton better than S1.... Alice Eve is excellent.... and Jessica Henwick is friggin fantastic

You've changed my mind, and I will now be watching IF2.

Awesome news about Daredevil being released next month.

Archived