Marvel Netflix - Sweet Christmas!

Martell Spy

31 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Iron Fist officially cancelled.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/10/13/iron-fist-canceled-netflix-kills-first-marvel-series

I hope they finally realized IF and LC aren't good by themselves and just make Heroes for Hire already.

Well shit, I did didn't want any of them to end. If it had to be one though, I guess I prefer it be IF. Hopefully we get Heroes for Hire.

“While the series on Netflix has ended, the Immortal Iron Fist will live on”

It could be the first to move to Disney’s streaming service, might not seem the ideal choice, given its reception, but launching the show anew following the developments of the finale (haven’t seen it, but read spoilers) could be interesting. Of course, it could just be standard cancellation speak, lay them down gently.

The Netflix Iron Fist series probably won't move to the streaming service but they might do another version of the character. Or more likely Netflix just meant he's going to keep showing up on the other shows. 

50 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Or more likely Netflix just meant he's going to keep showing up on the other shows. 

This.  They'll probably add him to Luke Cage, and do Heroes for Hire without calling it that for rights reasons.

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

I mean, no reason not to just fold her into Luke Cage considering her relationship with Misty. 

I don't know anything about the comic arcs for Luke Cage, but at the end of S2 he's on the edge of crossing to villain territory and could easily go for a season as outright anti hero opposed by Misty and Colleen before being brought back at the end? This was even half set up by the comment from Misty in IF S2.

I think that the original mistake with IF was casting Finn Jones... he grew into the part (somewhat)... but ultimately it was difficult to warm to him...

Then came the awful decision to name Scott Buck as showrunner... the first gaff might have worked itself out sooner had the second, much larger mistake not been made.

That said, I'm sad to see the show end... 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:44 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

This.  They'll probably add him to Luke Cage, and do Heroes for Hire without calling it that for rights reasons.

I'm figuring that's the most likely thing. I don't think Luke Cage has been confirmed for a third season yet which has me thinking both shows have had the worst ratings of the Defenders shows. They've probably settled on merging the two shows and are figuring out whether they can get away with calling it "heroes for hire" or if it's damaging to Luke Cage to call it "Luke Cage and Iron Fist". Personally the easiest solution is to can both and launch season 2 of defenders but with Luke, Danny, Misty and Colleen as the core team/cast. If Luke Cage gets a third season the "Defenders" option is still on the table and Disney can't kick up a fuss.

The ratings must be bad for Iron Fist or comparatively very bad for the Marvel netflix shows. I suspect they'll be looking very closely at how Daredevil performs as their flagship show. I wouldn't be surpised if ratings have been dropping from show to show this year and it's bound to be a concern if said viewers have ditched the franchise completely rather than getting back on board for daredevil.

10 hours ago, karaddin said:

I don't know anything about the comic arcs for Luke Cage, but at the end of S2 he's on the edge of crossing to villain territory and could easily go for a season as outright anti hero opposed by Misty and Colleen before being brought back at the end? This was even half set up by the comment from Misty in IF S2.

I really love this idea and the set up is certainly there if they wanted to go this route. I think rather than outright opposing Luke (or solely opposing Luke) there would be a common enemy but Misty and Colleen feel Luke has gone too far in his methods of dealing with it. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I really love this idea and the set up is certainly there if they wanted to go this route. I think rather than outright opposing Luke (or solely opposing Luke) there would be a common enemy but Misty and Colleen feel Luke has gone too far in his methods of dealing with it. 

Yeah agreed, he's still got to be ambiguous and chasing a good cause just with (at least to them) methods that are across the line. 

If anyone's interested... here's the Meet Bullseye trailer for DD S3. It's even got a shot of his logo. Obviously don't click if you don't want to know anything about Bullseye..

Can't wait... don't know how I'm going to find the time to watch this, college football, NFL, baseball playoffs and the movies in the theaters that I want to see...

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

If anyone's interested... here's the Meet Bullseye trailer for DD S3. It's even got a shot of his logo. Obviously don't click if you don't want to know anything about Bullseye..

As long as it ends up being intensely personal between them I'm fully on board. Him being a government mandated assassin would segue quite nicely into him being an assassin for hire, potential for Mary to come in here? (She's at the very least ex special forces.)

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

New daredevil tomorrow, does anything happen in iron fist 2 that is relevant? Or can I just skip to the end? Bored shitless by it. 

you can skip all of it, it has no bearing on Daredevil at all.

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

New daredevil tomorrow, does anything happen in iron fist 2 that is relevant? Or can I just skip to the end? Bored shitless by it. 

The only possible tie in, at least according to others who know the comics anyway, is the introduction to Mary. And even that is only a possible tie in

eta; so yes you can skip

Archived