Secret Santa XI - Santas are no longer secret!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Oh my gosh!  I can't believe I missed signing up this year. 

Well, I wish you all great fun in the gift-giving and receiving.  And I will lurk here and share in the joy.

also, if anyone wants a Christmas card please PM me your address.

happy happy!

Q, aka Catelyn Stoneheart

I recd two packages from amazon. One I had ordered, one I had not. They were similar in size and weight, so I had no way of knowing which one was which.  So I opened both :P

Like I need an excuse. :rofl: 

I always open right away. :P  Not telling what I got as it might give clues to some who like to guess, but I'll post what it is on Christmas. 

On 11/30/2016 at 4:41 AM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I am very sorry you missed it :( 

Me too, but I shall still enjoy watching you all receiving gifts and guessing in here.  Such a cool idea and great people to enjoy it.

*sits back with popcorn to watch the SS show*

:ph34r:

Found a suspicious package on my doorstep after lunch which said "Open Immediately".

Smokehouse bacon!  Says refrigerate for 28 days or freeze for up to six months.  I'm taking the under.  Going to pick one to have my dad cook up at his weekly brunch this Sunday, and probably make some sort of bacon themed appetizer for holiday parties this weekend. 

Yum!!!

On 11/27/2016 at 9:06 PM, Q the Cat said:

So I've somehow managed to leave an old quote in the cache so long that its stuck on this comment. I can't even type out of it. 

Anyway, lol

Okay...phone's being weird. I'm out but I can't get rid of the quote. XD

Yesterday I came home to two amazon packages and there aren't any kids at my home besides myself, I opened both! Lol

One of the gifts was a Yoda tree ornament! I was so happy that I squealed! Ha! Both of my friends looked at me like "wtf, Cora" but no shame here lol I am so thankful! (I don't have a tree for him yet) 

The other was a cookbook! Another badass item for my kitchen!! Thank you so much SS! I always have great gifts from you all, every year! I can't thank you enough. :D

I think I have made my first Santa/giftee match of the year! 

However my record isn't great so, pff.

TC, Lany, I applaud your restraint at not opening thing straight away!

eta; wait I misread Lany's post. How could you not share with us?!

i am still holding out on my three suspicious boxes...at my age i have learned patience...

my packages will be traveling tomorrow via USPS...i am confident they will arrive next week ... and just a note to the wise

beware a sniffer bearing gifts...

:smoking:

So there was a suspicious package waiting for me at home today, post marked Columbia SC - I'm pretty sure I know who it is, and thank you notes are forthcoming!  Thank you secret santa for the beautiful ornament, the wonderful gifts for the kids, the yummy holiday treats, the pretty banner, and most of all the beautiful box it came in! (I'm like a cat :)).  Totally made everyone's day!

I apologize to whoever has me.  I have had absolutely no Christmas spirit lately at all.  I had more in the summer, when I found small things I'll be using as stocking stuffers. Also, I do Christmas with my best friends, and they have four adult children all of whom have significant others, Three years ago they decided to do one year here with them the next year the kids go to the families of the significant others.  This is the away year, so no big Christmas dinner until December 30th.  The good thing is I'll be able to get all my presents on sale.  I hope I feel like shopping by then. :o 

Even worse, I don't know what I want.  I have been spending the year clearing out stuff!!

So, some of my Board friends were highly commending Anne Leckie's Ancillary Justice series. I have asked for volume 1 in another forum, and I would therefore ask for volume 2, Ancillary Sword. Or, as someone else mentioned, a cookbook from the Great British Baking show. :)

I love chocolate, perhaps a toblerone bar or something like it? A pretty Christmas ornament?

And a pretty Christmas card, perhaps a pop-up 3d one, that I could open up on my bookshelf in the living room.

Socks are good too.  We have winter... :lol:

I suggest, because of the high cost of shipping, going to Amazon Canada for purchases. :)

In the meantime, I will try to get my stuff out tonight.

Archived