If you could ask GRRM one question....

fire&blood

Is Jeyne Westerling the woman that Jamie Lannister saw in AFfC? OR How and when did you concieve of ASOIAF? Also, if I could ask him to do something, it would be to write a PoV chapter from a Dothraki point of view, Jhogo, Rakharo, Aggo, Irri, or Jhiqui preferebly. Also, don't kill Jhogo. I like him. Have him learn how to wear armor or something (why has no one [Daenerys or Barristan or a Dothraki, say Aggo or Jhogo could suggest it...why not? They see Barristan or Jorah fight and think, wow in armor I could kill more people] considered training Dothraki to fight in armor?) Ghengis Khan improved the armor and siege abilities of the Mongols and...they destroyed everything in their path. They would have probably taken over all of Asia, Europe, and even Africa if Ogedai Khan had not died when Tsubodai (one if the greatest generals under Ghengis and Ogedai) was beginning to sweep across Europe. The Dothraki have so much potential and I would like them to be humanized. (the Meerenese as well) Wow, this post really got away from me, but Ghengis Khan was an extremely intelligent military genius..I just want to see the Dothraki stop being so...stubborn maybe and all exactly alike without enough seperation of their personalities. Sorry OP

1 hour ago, DigUpHerBones said:

When it came down to the last cut, who did he decide to give a POV to instead of Robb?

I think that he has already answered this one. He has been quoted as saying that when he devised the series, he decided that he would not be giving a POV to any of the kings except for Dany. That's why we didn't have POVs for Stannis, Renly, Balon, Joffrey or Robb. He also said that this is the reason why he created the character of Davos. He needed someone close to Stannis to explain what he was doing.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:41 PM, The hairy bear said:

I think that he has already answered this one. He has been quoted as saying that when he devised the series, he decided that he would not be giving a POV to any of the kings except for Dany. That's why we didn't have POVs for Stannis, Renly, Balon, Joffrey or Robb. He also said that this is the reason why he created the character of Davos. He needed someone close to Stannis to explain what he was doing.

Wow, just wow!!!  Extremely interesting in that includes Tyrion and Jon lol Jon is my major bet but Ty is second and they both have points of view.  Of course like the dragons IMHO the Iron Throne will be gone when all is done and dusted but one of these two have to surely be the leader (or even both in different regions and as part of a council... aside from obvious Dany); okay maybe it is Dany and some sort of central leadership survives and Jon is just her consort ... who knows...; that would mean also that Cersei, although influential will not seat the throne in the books... Cool, although I find her interesting she is not the most interesting IMHO so okay with that.

Now, daft as this is, if I were in my dying bed and had GRRM, for some reason lol with me, I would ask him, if I had just the one question and I know he doesn't like spoiling re main characters, if Sansa and Tyrion will build the next dynasty that will heal the rift.  I know this pairing is hugely unpopular and I am sure that hard die San/San fans would ask the same - he would not answer of course lol and dying is a huge price to pay for the info (if ever coming to me lol) - second one for me would be did he have immigration in mind when he created the wildlings and the way Westeros as a whole view them?  but there are many interesting questions in this thread that I will try to comment on ;)

Okay, I realise here that I am taking for granted a Dany/Jon marriage; although this makes sense to me, not saying will necessarily happen but they have to be allied in the end to fight the WWs... "me thinks"

14 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

'Been mulling this over and over for years now: who did Olenna pass the poison to and was her mention of the Rains of Castamere a signal?

Yes! this is such a mystery to me as well. That goblet was way too huge, sitting on top of a table and she's like 4' tall. Who helped her?

When will the torment end Mr Martin? 

Is Ashara Dayne still alive? Is she Quaithe?

What will happen when Jon goes to the winterfell crypts? 

What really happened at Summerhall?

What are the full lyrics to Jenny's song?

What is in the lands of always winter?

What does Bloodraven really want?

Can you tell us more about the Daynes and Hightowers involvement in the story?

Archived